*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Misdirection 9AP
    Loki sets up an illusion on a chosen tile, covering it with a mirrored sheen. The next enemy attack has a 30% chance of shifting to a random enemy that uses that color. The mirror is removed when triggered.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 40% chance of working. 20% chance of working against team attacks.
    Level 3: 50% chance of working. 25% chance of working against team attacks.
    Level 4: 60% chance of working. 30% chance of working against team attacks. 10% chance of remaining.
    Level 5: 75% chance of working. 50% chance of working against team attacks. 25% chance of remaining.
  • Before else he should have a passive Avoid-like skill. He has some really thin HP that is okay, but should have some good and fast(!) self-protection that fits his character. I don't mind if it's not really passive but like IW invisibility with a stone but must be usable for cheap.

Now as I think of it, could be assembled with illusions: after the shuffle creates a tile granting avoid/invisible, how about that?
  • Somehow I love the idea of Loki having a skill that throws out protect tiles for both teams. He always seems to be cooperating with what is going on until he can use his trickery and it is revealed that he was out for himself the whole time icon_lol.gif

So yeah same as Patch's strikes only defense tiles instead. Maybe slightly weaker since Loki can negate the negatives all by himself
  • Loki sets up an illusion on a chosen tile, covering it with a mirrored sheen. The next enemy attack has a 30% chance of shifting to a random enemy that uses that color. The mirror is removed when triggered.

I was thinking an illusion set up so (some) next ability use that targets the team fizzles -- and instead you get the AP used. So it really is misdirection not a reflect back that sounds both OP and not so likely.

Scaling could influence the % of AP captured or create more such tiles, each bringing some 30-60% chance to trigger so leaving it unpredictable enough. Obviously those tiles need be like the traps, not visible by the enemy.
  • Somehow I love the idea of Loki having a skill that throws out protect tiles for both teams. He always seems to be cooperating with what is going on until he can use his trickery and it is revealed that he was out for himself the whole time icon_lol.gif

So yeah same as Patch's strikes only defense tiles instead. Maybe slightly weaker since Loki can negate the negatives all by himself

Yeah, that's another great idea that solves the self-protection. Let him create some serious protect tiles for both teams for cheap. To contain power could use pricing schema like psylocke: start with 3 AP and increases with number of shields already there.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    stick with his tricky theme

opponent matches at lowest ranked color instead of highest for 1 turn. then just increase it 1 turn per cover, max 5 turns, doesn't prevent AP collection or diminish casting abilities, just provides a short term match defense
  • +1, this guy needs a 3rd skill to make him a consideration
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    I really like the idea of adding a secondary effect to Trickery so it's not totally useless 75% of the time.. As for a 3rd power, I was thinking of a trap effect like Daredevil's. have it place a trap on a random tile that if matched by the enemy team detonates X number of tiles and generates AP, with the number of tiles increasing with each level. Maybe have the 5th level bonus be that it recreates itself after detonating.

Personally I don't think he should have a direct attack, but each ability should be really annoying to deal with.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    I love using Loki but he's so squishy and really only has one , albeit fun, ability. Personally wish they'd change him from green to yellow but i know that wont happen. There's too many green users already and i'd like Loki to be more versatile.

This is an awesome suggestion.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    locked wrote:
    I kinda want the 3rd ability to mess with Thor (and any other red-yellow-green character) in some way. And it absolutely has to be named "I do what I want".

+1
  • Somehow I love the idea of Loki having a skill that throws out protect tiles for both teams. He always seems to be cooperating with what is going on until he can use his trickery and it is revealed that he was out for himself the whole time

Actually, this would be freaking awesome.

Diabolical Plan
    8 AP
    Loki only strikes when the time is right. Creates one 3 turn countdown tile for each team. While in play, the tile serves as a 100 strength protect tile. After 3 turns, the tiles explode, doing 250 damage each to the team who controls the tile.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increases damage to 300 per tile
    Level 3: Creates two tiles for each team
    Level 4: Increases damage to 400 per tile
    Level 5: Creates three tiles for each team
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Telepath wrote:
    Somehow I love the idea of Loki having a skill that throws out protect tiles for both teams. He always seems to be cooperating with what is going on until he can use his trickery and it is revealed that he was out for himself the whole time

Actually, this would be freaking awesome.

Diabolical Plan
    8 AP
    Loki only strikes when the time is right. Creates one 3 turn countdown tile for each team. While in play, the tile serves as a 100 strength protect tile. After 3 turns, the tiles explode, doing 250 damage each to the team who controls the tile.

Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increases damage to 300 per tile
    Level 3: Creates two tiles for each team
    Level 4: Increases damage to 400 per tile
    Level 5: Creates three tiles for each team
    Eh, I'd leave it without the explosiony part. It would synergize well with his black
  • Spoit wrote:
    Eh, I'd leave it without the explosiony part. It would synergize well with his black

Yeah, but it feels more "Loki" if you think he's done you a solid, and then it explodes.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could just toss out shields without a secondary effect but this would turn him into yet another damage mitigater with better potential to create strike tiles from his own skill. Rank would increase tile strength and number.

Example:
    Green Power 9 AP
    Rank 1: 1 protect tile for both sides, 9 strength. Random Placement.
    Rank 2: Increased tile strength 13.
    Rank 3: Place 2 protect tiles on each side.
    Rank 4: Increased tile strength 17
    Rank 5: Place 3 protect tiles each side, +3 AP.

The reason I put the AP increase is because it just seems to good for 9 AP to turn around and turn it into strike tiles. I would have liked the ability to be 14 AP but without a solid self AP generator like Thor's yellow, it should take a little longer unless paired with GSBW or either Thor. Funny thing is that both of 3* characters would cover Loki but GSBW would be open in this situation. You'll also have to consider using Loki's Purple or GSBW but you have two solid purples that could cover various situations.

Edit: Why the hell is GSBW color set not Green, Purple, Red. That just killed my example for her.
  • Telepath wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Yeah, but it feels more "Loki" if you think he's done you a solid, and then it explodes.

I think that ability is great.
    It would be more Loki if on expiration could do something from a pool of interesting things, including just fizzle, explode, create shield or strike for random team, do another shuffle, etc -- with fair bias to benefit the Loki team. Just to keep player wonder if he better kill the stone or leave it.
  • Art Flash
    Art Flash Posts: 47
    I would like to throw my two cents in, as I do think Loki could use a third skill as well. Granted, I'm no expert on the character I do think, based on his health and the style of his other skills, that he could have a healing move. However I wold put a spin on it.

What if he leeched health from the opposing team through a countdown tile? His skill could place a timer that, either every X turns or just one time, would sap a small to moderate amount of health from the opposing team for his own, maybe at the same damage level as the Punisher's Molotov cocktail . Perhaps as a balancing component the player's team has to take initial damage. It could be under a theme of something like a small sacrifice for a larger scheme, I don't know.

Anyway, just a thought.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is a good point, programing new functionality such as a tile that is both a countdown and a defense tile, would be a lot of extra dev resources, whereas just a normal countdown would probably be easier
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow, little did I see my simple buff loki, and give him a damage spell, would create such cool abilities, I wish the reds would look at this and make it so.
  • I might actually use Loki if his purple triggered cascades after each swap, rather than at the end of all swaps. Obviously the number of swaps would need to decrease to not be insane, but right now level 5 really has the same chance of cascades as level 1, since it is just a single RNG chance at the end.

Edit: Another option would be to keep the same swap style as now, but that each level guaranteed a certain color/size cascade at the end.