What are your thoughts on Deck Slots?

2»

Comments

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    I am also in the, Like the consept but not the implementation, crowd. Deck slots could give us greater flexibility in deck design and more speed in how we aproach the event objectives, but as it is now it is just another currency sink that the event decks allows us to bypass. At this point I am not sure exactly how to fix them, as reducing the price would only serve to anger those who already purchased it. I like the time it would save me, but I would rather buy and level more walkers, but not  cards until the dupe issue is solved.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's what I had to say before deck slots came out:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/62676/deck-slots

TL;DR:

So finally let's talk about what will happen if the implemented system of deckslots is inadequate to my needs... and the answer is obvious: I will barely use it.

Now, of course, the final implementation of deck slots is out, and let's look at what happened when it was inadequate to my needs: I barely use it.
  • nosada_kage
    nosada_kage Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I love the idea of deck slots, however I think they are too expensive, and I think planeswalkers should have at least 2 deck slots by default. I feel like the card limitations for events are a underhanded way to get us to purchase the overpriced deck slots.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Deck slots could have been a good idea.  But d3go's greed ruined the idea, with a negative impact on the game overall.

The ideal system of deck slots would save the last deck you played for a given planeswalker in a given event.  Played Sarkhan in Trial of Ambition, black node?  Next time you play Sarkhan in ToA's black node, your old deck is called up.

Instead, I have to write down my deck lists and manually construct them for each event.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    @GregDreher I have to disagree with you on that. Not that the deckslots could have been handled much better, but that the spots had an overall negative effect on the game. The expense of the deck slots had no actual effect on anything, for those who couldn't afford them, it was essentially as if nothing changed, and the addition of deck slots were an incredible boon, saves me a ton of time during events and keeps my decks intact as a template.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just being able to have different decks for events made things so much better than before, it could absolutely still be better (and better be soon!), but if they hadn't taken _this_ step I'd have been gone by now.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the event decks slots. But because they are available, I haven't been saving my decks due to the convenience of crafting the event deck in the event tab itself. 

I have lots of runes and literally only found the need to buy one deck slot so far. This is such a wasted opportunity that could be corrected by allowing players to save event decks into deck slots at the click of a button. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see the functionality of being able to transfer an event deck to a deckslot. Sometimes I build something wonderful and forget to screenshot it. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    good job @Brigby
    (of course not you personally, we all know you did not come up with this).

What happened just now is, that the Deck Slot-system was changed:
    everything, that only few people liked was left untouched,  and on the same time the only feature with a general consens that it is great was stomped into the ground. The other minor changes are not that bad, tbh, but this new-new system is more or less the old-old system in disguise

• TheBigBad
    TheBigBad Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the recent price drop for custom deck slots.  Generally, I like the custom and event decks.

However, with so many PWs and then having to level up a PW before being able to buy its extra custom deck slot is still a bit prohibitive.  Nicol Bolas doesn't have a level restriction to buy a custom deck slot with runes -- how about removing that level restriction for all the other PWs?
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I WOULD like them if I could actually ever use them. As-is I still haven't leveled my planeswalkers, so I've never had the excess runes to purchase that extra slot, and I have always felt that the 150 crystals is something better spent on buying premium packs.

Having the ability to save decks that worked during PvE events between the events, especially as they're happening far enough apart now that it's not easy to remember exactly what you found to be effective and what was a liability that being able to use a slot for that would be really helpful.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I vote I love them because I would love to save best standard and best legacy decks for each Planeswalker. However they cost way too much and thus I cannot do that
  • Kinesia
    A once off $10 deal - Unlock a new extra deck slot for every single planeswalker forever. Would probably sell a lot...
  • RithPrimeval
    RithPrimeval Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I just went over the M19 update and am excited about Standard TG (among other things).
    With this addition and the increasing number of separate standard events however I would really like to see at least 2 free deck slots for each PW. This way people can at least have 1 standard and 1 legacy deck constructed and ready to go for each PW.

I strongly feel that brewing/building and trying out multiple decks is one of the facets of mtg that excites people and it shouldn't be as hard and cumbersome as it is in this game. 

I noticed that the mana Rune cost was already lower for Teferi and Jaya's extra deck slots (2k instead of 20k) which is ok I guess but that still leaves all other walkers... It's simple ease of use/user friendliness and I don't understand why it has been this costly up till now.
  • Kinesia
    Jaya and Teferi have had the level 60 rune slot at 2000 and it's been _great_. I deliberately levelled them to 60 just to get it. It's finally a reasonable cost and should be extended to EVERY planeswalker. All new ones but also all old ones retroactively.

The gold cost needs to drop to 50 gold or something, it's too abusive still.

The premade decks are still a problem though, they are useless as is and any "fixes" really require all the older planeswalkers to have them too.
  • RithPrimeval
    RithPrimeval Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Kinesia said:
    Jaya and Teferi have had the level 60 rune slot at 2000 and it's been _great_. I deliberately levelled them to 60 just to get it. It's finally a reasonable cost and should be extended to EVERY planeswalker. All new ones but also all old ones retroactively.
    Well, with the M19 update they upped the cost of the deck slots of Teferi and Jaya to 20k..I don't think any changes were mentioned in the changelog/update info. I'm pretty pissed since I'm really short on runes (still leveling Karn) and planned on getting the deck slots later because 2k actually was a reasonable price.
    I get that they want to have the cost the same for all walkers but changing stuff without making mentions of it is pretty **** imo. 
  • Kinesia
    I object that they changed things in this direction. Changing all the 20000 ones to 2000 wouldve helped everyone and not hurt the game or the company at all.
  • MiyagiDojo
    MiyagiDojo Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Didn't vote because I don't want my taste to be used in tricky "promotions" like people are reporting about Jaya and Teferi.

Making non free deck slots is the ultimate greed given the nature and circunstances around this game.

It is small, ultra casual, heavily bugged and with random card design. Even so it can be fun in rainy days, so publisher could have a more friendly policy to cativate players instead of alienate them from the game.