Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool; I suppose To Love And Fear probably also behaves this way then
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Cool; I suppose To Love And Fear probably also behaves this way then
    Yep. same with Jean Grey and St4r-Lord's purple. 
    Nico is great though because getting the stun on Medusa helps a lot, since she can't create a new CD or earn AP for other special tile matches until she wakes up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2018
    So what is the killer Nico team? Has one proven itself to be a standout yet? I don't have enough covers on some of the key "vintage" 4*s like Bl4de, C4ge, Wasp, Flaptain, or Kid Nova to test whether or not they are the missing piece for me, and the newer ones I suspect would pair well aren't quite there yet either like Sandman, Shuri, or P4nther.

I was trying to run her with Medusa/C4rol, C4rol/Hobofist, Medusa/4ocket, G4mora/4ocket, or Yondu/4ocket, but there were too many missing active colors, too much overlap, or they took too long to get moving. That's what made me think that a Defend Generator paired with either a tile-flipper like Wasp or Gladiathor, or someone with a defend-based damage multiple like P4nther or Flaptain would be good. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I use her sometimes when I need a Purple/Yellow user. and am running any special tile user.

The key to her is quantity of special tiles over quality.  The more the better since she buffs a small amount but buffs every one.

I like her with Carndusa best. as she gives a nice Blue outlet and a Purple one once you're done flipping Carnage tiles with Medusa (to ensure you have more attack tiles than the enemy.

She's a good third to Grocket and Gamora providing the full rainbow (Yellow/Purple) though probably not better than Medusa.

She would be great with Panther (who also doesn't take long to flood the board with specials) if not for the Blue/Yellow overlap.

I also might try her with Professor X and a cheap ability spammer?  He can get a lot of specials on the board quick.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I'll probably need to wait for Balance of Power to really see what she's about then; I have a 3/2/3 Professor X and a 2/4/0 Carnage. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    I use her sometimes when I need a Purple/Yellow user. and am running any special tile user.

The key to her is quantity of special tiles over quality.  The more the better since she buffs a small amount but buffs every one.

I like her with Carndusa best. as she gives a nice Blue outlet and a Purple one once you're done flipping Carnage tiles with Medusa (to ensure you have more attack tiles than the enemy.

She's a good third to Grocket and Gamora providing the full rainbow (Yellow/Purple) though probably not better than Medusa.

She would be great with Panther (who also doesn't take long to flood the board with specials) if not for the Blue/Yellow overlap.

I also might try her with Professor X and a cheap ability spammer?  He can get a lot of specials on the board quick.

I'm thinking she will play well with P4nther regardless of the overlap in blue and yellow. You will certainly want to use BP's yellow over Nico's. Sure hers can provide a heal, but with all the protect tiles he will be generating with his yellow and blue, you should hope that she will not need to heal much anyway.  EDIT: See posts below mine since Nico does not benefit from protect tiles herself, so your 2nd cast of yellow may need to be hers instead of BP.

She can be 3/5/5 since I think Panthers blue will be better here - more fortified protect tiles to match for added damage. Her ability to stun and potentially remove an enemy CD still works at 3 covers if you need it. 

Nico's purple will be great to get things started. You would only need a green-black user to round these two out. I'm liking Moon Knight since he has a passive ability to create special tiles as well as his strong hitting active abilities.
    Other ideas here are Vulture (obv.), Carnage as mentioned, and consider Ghost Rider. His green AoE will be pretty strong and cheap once you get a few attack tiles on the board.
  • Daredevil217
    OJSP said:

Protect tiles don’t reduce damage to Nico. I think at the same level, BP would tank yellow for Nico anyway. However, Nico tanks blue for BP.
    Beat me to it. 

I'm thinking she will play well with P4nther regardless of the overlap in blue and yellow. You will certainly want to use BP's yellow over Nico's. Sure hers can provide a heal, but with all the protect tiles he will be generating with his yellow and blue, you should hope that she will not need to heal much anyway. 
    She can be 3/5/5 since I think Panthers blue will be better here - more fortified protect tiles to match for added damage. Her ability to stun and potentially remove an enemy CD still works at 3 covers if you need it. 

Nico's purple will be great to get things started. You would only need a green-black user to round these two out. I'm liking Moon Knight since he has a passive ability to create special tiles as well as his strong hitting active abilities.
    Other ideas here are Vulture (obv.), Carnage as mentioned, and consider Ghost Rider. His green AoE will be pretty strong and cheap once you get a few attack tiles on the board.
    I’m SUPER close to the iso needed to champ Ghost Rider. As soon as I do I’ll try that team out in sim as I’m always looking for new ways to play newly champed characters. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    She works very well C&D. Proc C&D at 5/5/3 or 5/4/4. You’re gonna use Nico’s purple over his and you actually won’t mind if C&D makes attack tiles because Nico buffs them every turn.

C&D makes as a great battery for most yellow/black users so the 3rd character can be almost any character with a strong yellow/black power like Carol or Cage or Ghost Rider or Wasp etc 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Something I noticed during Fight for Wakanda that I hadn't seen previously - the enemy team had a lot of special tiles out (more than I did) so I didnt expect Mystical Affinity to boost my tiles, but it appears its not looking at the total number, but rather 'do I have more shields out?' then boost shields only .... which was a pleasant surprise

Anyone else noticed this or can confirm? Re-reading the power, it uses the wording 'boosts *those* files' which certainly fits with what I observed.
  • Daredevil217
    Something I noticed during Fight for Wakanda that I hadn't seen previously - the enemy team had a lot of special tiles out (more than I did) so I didnt expect Mystical Affinity to boost my tiles, but it appears its not looking at the total number, but rather 'do I have more shields out?' then boost shields only .... which was a pleasant surprise

Anyone else noticed this or can confirm? Re-reading the power, it uses the wording 'boosts *those* files' which certainly fits with what I observed.
    Yes it has always worked that way.  It looks at each tile type individually and will buff any types you have more of than the opponent.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

Yes it has always worked that way.  It looks at each tile type individually and will buff any types you have more of than the opponent.
    Nice, thanks DD