How does MPQ forget about Hela?

ChocoFlavaa
ChocoFlavaa Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
It's crazy that we've gotten 5* Gladiator Thor, Archangel, Ghost Rider, Jessica Jones, and now Okoye, but still no Hela. She who fought side by side with Odin, she who slayed a whole army of Asgardians, she who destroyed Thor's hammer/Mjölnir with one hand and took his eye out, and she who Thor could only beat by destroying their own planet with the help of Ragnarok.

How can Okoye and Jessica Jones sit in 5* land next to the likes of Thor, The Hulk, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Old Man Logan, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Doc OC, Green Gob, Captain America, and the Phoenix?

Iceman is an Omega level mutant and Odin is a God in the comics, for example, so they should've been 5*s. Even Magneto and Prof. X deserve to be in 5* land before them and characters like Hawkeye.

5* Land should be more than just another level in MPQ game. It should say something about the character's powers and abilities. #Smh

#Rant

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Character > power level any day.

The reason Okoye is a 5* is because the Devs like Michonne obviously. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    If * were power levels, then all the non mutants/superhumans would be tier 1-3.  

* = rarity level, that's it, if you overthink it, it'll drive you batty with some of the characters...
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    If they fulfilled everyone's character requests we'd be getting them every 12 hours. It's already on about as tight of a turnaround as players can manage. I'm sure it's nothing personal.

Anyway, there was a campaign for Gambit for the longest time and look what happened there. Be careful what you wish for.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    They'll throw her in as a limited edition Support a few months down the line.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    How did this game forget about Infinity War?
    Don't you need to acknowledge it to be able to forget it?
  • ChocoFlavaa
    Dormammu said:
    Yeah but Jessica can take your picture in a really compromising situation.
    Lol
  • ChocoFlavaa
    CNash said:
    They'll throw her in as a limited edition Support a few months down the line.
    That doesn't make any sense. Who will she be supporting? 
  • ChocoFlavaa
    MojoWild said:
    If they fulfilled everyone's character requests we'd be getting them every 12 hours. It's already on about as tight of a turnaround as players can manage. I'm sure it's nothing personal.

Anyway, there was a campaign for Gambit for the longest time and look what happened there. Be careful what you wish for.
    Doubt anyone requested Okoye as a 5* or 4*.

And yeah, we got Gambit. What else was suppose to happen? 
  • ChocoFlavaa

* = rarity level, that's it, if you overthink it, it'll drive you batty with some of the characters...
    I get that, but shouldn't Odin and Hela be more rare than all the characters they've come out with since then?

I don't know, I just feel like they should fill 5* land with more badass characters before they bring characters like Okoye, Jessica Jones, and Hawkeye into it. #IMO
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards

I get that, but shouldn't Odin and Hela be more rare than all the characters they've come out with since then?

I don't know, I just feel like they should fill 5* land with more badass characters before they bring characters like Okoye, Jessica Jones, and Hawkeye into it. #IMO
    Okoye is extremely badass. 
  • ChocoFlavaa

Not saying she's not, but badass enough to be debuted as a 5*? Really? I don't think so. 
  • mega ghost

Not saying she's not, but badass enough to be debuted as a 5*? Really? I don't think so. 
    Star level has nothing to do with badassery, power level, or even importance. It's just a tier within the game. We could just as easily get a 5* Namorita.
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    C'moooooon 5* Peter (DP2)
  • ChocoFlavaa

Star level has nothing to do with badassery, power level, or even importance. It's just a tier within the game. We could just as easily get a 5* Namorita.
    I understand that, but all I'm saying is that, this early on into character developments, it should, and I think at that's what they intended to dwhen they came out with Phoenix, Silver Surfer, OML, and a couple more like Green Goblin, Doc OC, Thanos, but now it's ****. Anyone can be a 5*, and that's ****.

Characters like Okoye and Jessica Jones, could've developed like 3* and 4* characters 1st. I think it's just lack of creativity. So yeah, on some level, or at least at 1st, * level should reflect level of badassery.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Power level is a pointless discussion. Depending on who's writing the story the Silver Surfer can undo all damage done to the world or be beaten up by the Hulk. They've had Squirrel Girl defeat Thanos/Doom/Galactus for a laugh. Just like Batman defeats everyone even though he's a really fit dude in an impractical cape surrounded by people with superpowers.

At the end of the day it's a popularity contest, so yeah, bring on Okoye. (:

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost said:
    We could just as easily get a 5* Namorita.
    I'd love a 5* Namorita
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    came here for a Forgot about Dre parody
    i am disappoint
  • mega ghost

I understand that, but all I'm saying is that, this early on into character developments, it should, and I think at that's what they intended to dwhen they came out with Phoenix, Silver Surfer, OML, and a couple more like Green Goblin, Doc OC, Thanos, but now it's tinykitty. Anyone can be a 5*, and that's tinykitty.

Characters like Okoye and Jessica Jones, could've developed like 3* and 4* characters 1st. I think it's just lack of creativity. So yeah, on some level, or at least at 1st, * level should reflect level of badassery.
    Thanks to 'Black Panther' and the MCU, at the moment more people know and love Okoye than Silver Surfer. Thanks to her Netflix show, the same goes for Jessica Jones. They don't represent just "anyone" becoming 5* characters, they represent current fan favorites, which will always carry a lot of weight. It's perfectly fine if these two characters do not excite or resonate with you, but that doesn't mean that they don't do so with large sections of the fanbase (of the films / shows or otherwise.)