Supports in Clash of the Titans (4* DDQ)

ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
For the 4* Star Lord DDQ, I had forgot I had the Element Guns equipped, so I accidentally used my first support in the 4* node.  In that particular matchup, I'm not sure if it made much of a difference (I did create a strike tile and subsequently fortify it), but I was curious what people thought strong supports could be in the context of the 1v1 crash nodes.

My Element Guns is 3*, so the combination of creating and fortifying special tiles seemed a natural fit for when Nico enters the rotation (plus it's just funny to picture her wielding duel guns and a staff, somehow).  Otherwise, for the mostly low-level supports I have, I wasn't seeing any immediate strong combinations, but I'm sure others have put more thought into this than I have.

What do people think?

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed that supports were active for Crash of the Titans too a few rounds back (I mentioned it in the thread about Spider-Woman Crash).  I'm hoping it isn't an oversight, because it looks like it could be help tip the balance for some of my under-developed characters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ is considered a "story mission," so supports are working as designed there. I have a 3* Elemental Gun on my (3/2/1) 4* Lord, but it sure isn't helping me get through this crash lol.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    I noticed that supports were active for Crash of the Titans too a few rounds back (I mentioned it in the thread about Spider-Woman Crash).  I'm hoping it isn't an oversight, because it looks like it could be help tip the balance for some of my under-developed characters.

It was confirmed by the Devs that we can use Supports for Crash because it's considered PvE. I could see them changing this in the future as we grow our Supports
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:

It was confirmed by the Devs that we can use Supports for Crash because it's considered PvE. I could see them changing this in the future as we grow our Supports
    Sure, but Crash isn't a standard "story" mission.  You can use team-ups in regular story missions, but they blocked them from Crash because it is meant to be a solo match.  I wouldn't have been surprised if they blocked supports under the same logic.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not opposed to them adding things to help me across the line when I've got an undercovered character.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    jamesh said:

Sure, but Crash isn't a standard "story" mission.  You can use team-ups in regular story missions, but they blocked them from Crash because it is meant to be a solo match.  I wouldn't have been surprised if they blocked supports under the same logic.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not opposed to them adding things to help me across the line when I've got an undercovered character.

That's why I said it could change in the future. They probably haven't gotten around or figured out how to block Supports from a "Story" mission yet. Plus, at this point, the new hotness will be (in their eyes) supports, so an LT doesn't mean as much to them anymore.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any support that normally has good synergy with a character is probably going to help immensely in Crash.  Like giving Carnage Hydra Agents (or any Support that fortifies.)

Honestly makes me wish I would have thought of it earlier this week when my Lockjaw was struggling (any support that creares special tiles would have helped push him over the edge).

Nico paired with Wong could keep her Purple increasing tiles (depending on opponent) or anything that creates special tiles on your turn to get the ball rolling sooner.
  • Sabaton74
    Sabaton74 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Ready to win with undercovers?
    My greatest disovery: 2* flerkie feline lv100

Carried totally awesome 1/x/2
    And rulk 2/x/2 through the finish line after two health packs each and full dmg boosting ;)

Make this your most sought support
  • Tarelgeth
    Tarelgeth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Sabaton74 said:
    Ready to win with undercovers?
    My greatest disovery: 2* flerkie feline lv100

Carried totally awesome 1/x/2
    And rulk 2/x/2 through the finish line after two health packs each and full dmg boosting ;)

Make this your most sought support
    Seconded. Chewie has a chance to activate on any match made by the supported character. In a one-on-one battle, that's every single match.  It's glorious.