**** America Chavez (Young Avengers) ****

13»

Comments

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I like my interpenetration better but I think you are right,it just does not read well.  I am still torn between maxing red or yellow.

If you have not tried it yet pair her with Nightcrawler the cascade damage is crazy even with no levels in Nightcrawler or Chavez and if you had the yellow you will be making traps left and right after you get your 7 pink for BAMF.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    I like my interpenetration better but I think you are right,it just does not read well.  I am still torn between maxing red or yellow.

If you have not tried it yet pair her with Nightcrawler the cascade damage is crazy even with no levels in Nightcrawler or Chavez and if you had the yellow you will be making traps left and right after you get your 7 pink for BAMF.
    jamesh is correct. I tested in SHIELD training on the loaner node. Her red at 90 with 3AP did 513 dmg. So, 1.9*90*3 =513 which is the same as jamesh stated.

Her formula would be

(1 + (AP * .3)) * match tile dmg * number tile matched
  • hopper1979
    Thank you for the info.  I am going to have to lean toward 5 in the yellow then.  Even though the red is solid, I just don't see the match damage bonus occurring enough (especially when paired with a 5 which you want to maximize the damage from the green passive) so I would rather get the trap damage which is not too hard to achieve on the right team.  Try Nightcrawler.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Thank you for the info.  I am going to have to lean toward 5 in the yellow then.  Even though the red is solid, I just don't see the match damage bonus occurring enough (especially when paired with a 5 which you want to maximize the damage from the green passive) so I would rather get the trap damage which is not too hard to achieve on the right team.  Try Nightcrawler.
    Sure with 5*'s, the red won't likely be useful but with other 4*'s and 3*'s, it looks to be better than yellow. I've only unleashed the yellow passive on a few occasions and it was against Goons. It's difficult to get 3 4-matches in different colors while also maintaining the trap tiles. The difference in 3 and 5 covers is 3AP and 2724 damage. You'll makeup the loss in damage from yellow with the extra 15% match damage in red.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5 is the ideal build, I think, IF she can tank 2-3 of her colors. Yellow just happens too infrequently. Where her red really shines is when she creates a crit and matches off it with a lot of AP in the bank; the damage gets monstrous.

Dr. Strange needs to move over because America is now the premier pve goon-buster and the two of them together wreck goon teams. Its so easy to have more AP than goons in 3 or 4 colors so her red and green passives work in harmony to down everyone in short order.
  • hopper1979
    For goons I agree with everybody above red is the way to go.  I was averaging 2 activations of her yellow a match playing her with nightcrawler.  You just have to pay attention to numbers so you generate 3 different color traps, Colson might be a great 3rd due to his purple.  My worry is on a five star team she will only have one match color if you are lucky which makes it a useless power on that team.  Yellow always has a chance.  Regardless she is definitely a solid toon.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    on 5* teams she is unbelievable. I run American Gambolt. with 1 double match she starts dropping crit tiles on turn 2. gambit gens red and purple and the double match puts you at 4 colors. game over! crits are going off left and right for 7-11K
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    on 5* teams she is unbelievable. I run American Gambolt. with 1 double match she starts dropping crit tiles on turn 2. gambit gens red and purple and the double match puts you at 4 colors. game over! crits are going off left and right for 7-11K
    Not to mention Gambit destroying enemy AP, keeping them with a shallower pool.
  • MonoElm
    MonoElm Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    3/5/5
    I honestly didn’t think America looked like a very good character when they first announced her. I just champed her today and all I can say is, boy, was I ever wrong. She’s boosted this week, which obviously helps, but even unboosted, there isn’t one thing that she doesn’t make better. I smile at the beginning of every turn as she creates a crit tile and does (boosted) nine thousand damage to the enemy. Bravo everyone at D3, you knocked this one out of the park!
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I ran her with Medusa and Bl4de who generally have a lot of passive action going on anyway.  With a few of Blades strikes adding to her damage she rocked.  And once his red started going off it was his red to a random enemy followed by her green hitting the one in front every turn.  Both hitting for 2-3K damage plus.  This was followed by Medusa's attack tiles.  Fights didn't last long.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Finally champed her today. I’m a 4* only player. All my 5s have no iso in them. I played her 3/5/5 on the following teams and she killed it with every one of them. I was definately wrong about her. She is definately an amazing 4* and obviously even better with 5*.

MEH Hulk / Mockingbird: Hulk’s high cost powers give you a reason to stack AP and both his powers return AP to refuel Chavez crits. And obviously Hulk’s powers are great freebies from Mockingbird.

Gambit (5/3/5 level 255) / Blade: This one is all about Gambit’s passive AP gain fueling Blade and Chavez. Combined they were eventually doing 7K passive damage at the beginning of each turn!

Rogue / Mordo: This idea was about saving healthpacks.  America tanks all on offense and if you match any of her strong colors, Rogue tanks on defense. Mordo was thrown in to help with rainbow. I ended up using Rogue to fuel purple and kept the opponent’s AP suppressed by firing it constantly.

Mockingbird / Peggy: This was about making it harder for the enemy to fire powers while Bird/Chavez passive them to death. Peggy has two great free powers as well.

Mockingbird / Vulture: Mentioned earlier in the thread.  I was just trying to keep the Bird in the sky so I could get lots of AP and free Mockingbird red/purple. Purple swings AP levels to help with FNMG, and red is one of the better nukes in the tier  

Carnage / Medusa: Also mentioned earlier. Use all the passive AP gen for crits. Also lots of heals to help tanking Chavez.

Back to sim!

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    I've been having lots of fun with her and Gambolt in the Sim. Check out my video if you haven't gotten to use her much yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWD-yo1h3Iw&feature=youtu.be

• maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    I have been playing her with Carnage and Medusa. The AP from matching enemy attack tiles 
    Champed America Chavez today. Tried this team. It was crazy :smiley:
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I basically used two characters to complete all my clears of every node in Hearts of Darkness - Chavez and MEHulk. If I needed a third I threw in boosted BeardCap for some match damage. Never used a healthpack. Now, Honor Among Thieves is looking like it'll be the same.

Chavez is awesome. Boosted, she's simply ridiculous.
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Been running Chavez with boosted C4ge and 3* Strange. Absolutely slaughtering everything in my path. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just ran into an extremely odd corner case with America in the Dr Strange PvE.  She created a critical tile, which made a match-4.  That match-4 created a set of traps, and it was the third different color for traps that were currently on the board.  *That* passive triggered, and did enough damage to kill off the last enemy...in the first wave.  That death did not trigger the next wave of enemies to come through, so my three team members are just sitting around, looking at three downed Mindless Ones.

To complete the weirdness, I tried using OML's Living Legend to end the turn, rather than making a move.  Fortunately, that ended the turn correctly, gave me credit for the wave, and brought the next batch of enemies in.  
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Just ran into an extremely odd corner case with America in the Dr Strange PvE.  
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/69755/finishing-last-enemy-with-america-chavezs-ticket-to-the-multiverse-doesnt-end-wave

I believe we could also make a normal match to go to the next wave.
    Thanks for that thread.  I also posted into that one, letting them know the details of what took place.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    I had been exclusively using America at 3/5/5, but boy was I missing out. As long as she's tanking some colors, 5/3/5 can be deadly. I equipped her with a support that boosted her Red damage by 247, and towards the end of the match where I had a ton of Red AP built up, I did at least 1 critical match-4 Red that hit for over 30K damage., and even match 3's with her crits were hitting over 20K.

Plus I only recently realized I had her and Hood in the wrong position. I had her 2 and Hood 3 meaning his AP steal took place after the check to see how many colors the team had more AP in. Now that I've fixed that, it's amazing how much difference even that small change makes.