Infinity War - New Supports, Vaults, and Stores (4/25/18)

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby is there any way to earn a balance the universe vault token or is this just a hero Point only vault?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    wymtime said:
    @Brigby is there any way to earn a balance the universe vault token or is this just a hero Point only vault?
    Sad thing is that I have earned 3 vault tokens for the 80 item Heart of Darkness vault just on the first day and the 300 item Balance The Universe vault gave me none or let me earn none. Shows you the priority of this vault is to spend money.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

I'm just waiting for this dumpster-fire of a feature to hit pvp so I can be done for good.

• tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Anyone remember my "flaming carrot on a stick" comment?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Are you kidding us?! You actively want us to stay away from these support thingies, right? 300 item vault with a 4% chance of getting a support token.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Clearly aimed at the whales this one, 

i would have tried for a 10 pack but not for those odds 

maybe I can put my HP to better use when widow 4* is released 
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    the Black Order ability designs seem so unexciting and interchangeable; but moreso, my #1 complaint is that none of them have a synergy bonus with Thanos. Would that be so game-breaking?

Fun ability-designs on the infinity stones, though! 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Don't have a whole lot more to add than what's already been said. However, I'd like to add another vote to the "300 item vault with > 70% not very exciting items (and that's probably generous) not even remotely tempting" tally. These red ISO amounts in the vault aren't really enticing either. In the end they can add a few levels to any given support which translates to a 0.01% increase in the chance something will happen or some other equally small incremental advantage. I'm really surprised they don't have at least one "big money" red iso item akin to the 1K HP or 10K ISO prize to appeal to our inner gambler (I guess a duplicate support would somewhat qualify).
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    All of the other issues aside, I'm actually perfectly content with the Black Order being supports versus playable characters. There are countless minor characters I'd love to see in the game but who aren't quite worthy of being playable characters, and I'd consider the Black Order among them. Now, if they were to take a major character (i.e. Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, etc.) and made them a support then yes, that would in fact be a big problem to me, but we have no evidence that they plan to do that. Also, I don't see why a character being a support restricts them from being a boss, mini-boss, or enemy (at the level of Gorgon, for example) in the future.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    I hope the Deadpool Daily will run a weekly Support Cup! mission for an Advanced Token. Masters is a bit much to ask for from that.
    On the other hand, a month-long Gauntlet culminating in a Master Token would be welcome. To me. Just each month, run the Gauntlet, with each leg holding one tier of Support Token at the end of it. All missions should be one-and-done. No need for boosted characters, unless required characters are part of it, then boost just the required ones.
    I'd like this, and I think I discussed the addition of a Deadpool Daily node elsewhere. Once we have more available supports I could see this being a thing. I understand why they aren't making them too readily available yet, but what they're currently offering (combined with the lack of communication about their intent) is just ludicrous.

I miss the Gauntlet. This would be a great reason to bring it back.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is there no way to earn Balance tokens? 300 item vault,  Crash of Mad Titan seems should've been a no brainer
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Why is there no way to earn Balance tokens? 300 item vault,  Crash of Mad Titan seems should've been a no brainer
    You know why.  It will not make money to give out free stuff. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I have really just ignored supports once I saw how difficult it is to get one to a point it is meaningful and I am just hoarding red iso. My best support is a level 4 Korg, which isn't saying much.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Finally, a good reason to spend my abundant hoard or red iso.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I really hate to be that guy on the forums but. The new supports are awesome!
    yeah we heard about rice and spicey heinz 57% vault. I get it. their misers. but the supports guys, the supports!
    Right off I need to contradict though: Proxima Midnight. major letdown. brigadier general letdown. xtra carnage?
    But the rest are color fixing buffs: Reality Stone ramp so hard,
    Space Stone turns any character into The Bridgekeeper from holy grail.
    Time? straight- whoopsie! your nuke didn't actually kill me.
    Cull Midnight on Loki just for the scrambled eggs! 
    Ebony Maw with Vulture. Go ahead and add another 4 to his AP gain. Steals it actually! thas jus nassssy
    Power Stone. for free. MEH's warm up could drop a gamma bomb. Imagine the worst AI cascade you've ever seen; have fun with that in PvP!

Once they figure out the currency valuation and back compensate everyone like they did with SCL people will be much happier and appreciate the ways Supports can really flush out some fun, different playstyles.

Real talk for a sec:
    These tinykitty vaults and bundles gotta go. They are awful. Ya'll in those meetings that didn't speak up; it's on you too. 
     It's like:
    "hey would you like to try a new flavor of your favorite soda,?
     -sure I'm interested, I do like cherry and vanilla coke..*#AGHGDG you just spit vinegar in my eye! Tinykitty you!
    wait!, that wasn't actually the new flavor.... I just had to do that because of the publisher......"
    Moral of the story: New Coke and Crystal Pepsi Sucked!! Supports are that flavor of Mountain Dew that gave kids seizures.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    purplemur said:
    yeah we heard about rice and spicey heinz 57% vault. I get it. their misers. but the supports guys, the supports!
    Right off I need to contradict though: Proxima Midnight. major letdown. brigadier general letdown. xtra carnage?
    Ebony Maw with Vulture. Go ahead and add another 4 to his AP gain. Steals it actually! thas jus nassssy
    Power Stone. for free. MEH's warm up could drop a gamma bomb. Imagine the worst AI cascade you've ever seen; have fun with that in PvP!

Once they figure out the currency valuation and back compensate everyone like they did with SCL people will be much happier and appreciate the ways Supports can really flush out some fun, different playstyles.

Real talk for a sec:
    These tinykitty vaults and bundles gotta go. They are awful. Ya'll in those meetings that didn't speak up; it's on you too. 
     It's like:
     -sure I'm interested, I do like cherry and vanilla coke..*#AGHGDG you just spit vinegar in my eye! Tinykitty you!
    wait!, that wasn't actually the new flavor.... I just had to do that because of the publisher......"
    Moral of the story: New Coke and Crystal Pepsi Sucked!! Supports are that flavor of Mountain Dew that gave kids seizures.
    I agree with you that the Infinity Stone Supports are awesome, but the best ability they have is at the 5* perk. That is the one that makes them so unique and useful. To get a 5* Infinity Stone Support would take a very long time if ever the way they are limiting our access to higher leveled Support Tokens.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    purplemur said:

Real talk for a sec:
     It's like:
    I agree with you that the Infinity Stone Supports are awesome, but the best ability they have is at the 5* perk. That is the one that makes them so unique and useful. To get a 5* Infinity Stone Support would take a very long time if ever the way they are limiting our access to higher leveled Support Tokens.
    ONE of the good abilities is Rank 5. Ranks 1-4 are basically the same with some color-coding, Rank 5 is a unique ability that is decently powerful, and the REALLY good one works the instant you equip it to a Champed character.

Firing powers for free, reviving characters once they go down, that can be done with a Rank 1 Stone, so long as you equip it to a Championed character.