Infinity War - New Supports, Vaults, and Stores (4/25/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

The Infinity War is upon us, and Thanos has emerged once again in MPQ; this time hungry to acquire the remainder of the Infinity Stones. Not only that, but the children of Thanos are seen fighting by his side.

Agent! Choose your destiny, as not only the power of Thanos and the Black Order are at your fingertips now, but the Infinity Stones themselves, as well.

General

10 new Supports will be visible in the Support screen at 7am EDT on Thursday, April 26th.
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Cull Obsidian
  • Ebony Maw
  • Proxima Midnight
  • The Mind Stone
  • The Power Stone
  • The Reality Stone
  • The Soul Stone
  • The Space Stone
  • The Time Stone
New vault and store offerings will be made available at 12pm EDT later that day (See more details below!) Infinity Stones will be available as Infinity Stone Versus Season rewards. We will be providing more information on that later this week.

Supports: Black Order Store

Contains all the contents of the Supports Comic Store, plus the four Black Order Supports
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Cull Obsidian
  • Ebony Maw
  • Proxima Midnight
This store contains Beginner, Advanced, and Master packs, with the Black Order Supports available at 4x odds. This is only visible if you have a token for it.

Balancing the Universe Vault

Start: Thursday, 4/26 at 12pm EDT
EndTuesday, 5/1 at 12pm EDT
Tokens can be purchased in groups of 1, 10, and 40, with Hero Points. This vault does have Daily Deals, and can also be reset.
Content of 300 Item Vault:
  • 1x Latest Legends token
  • 1x Black Order: Master token
  • 4x Black Order: Advanced tokens
  • 6x Black Order: Beginner tokens
  • 3x 300 Red Iso-8
  • 6x 200 Red Iso-8
  • 9x 150 Red Iso-8
  • 9x 50 Red Iso-8
  • 12x 25 Red Iso-8
  • 3x Random 4-Star covers
  • 39x Random 3-Star covers
  • 1x 10,000 Iso-8
  • 2x 5,000 Iso-8
  • 12x 1,500 Iso-8
  • 21x 1,000 Iso-8
  • 171x Random 2-Star covers

Heroes for Hire Offer - Thanos (The Mad Titan)

This offer is available to all players in the Heroes for Hire store. It costs 450 Command Points, and has a maximum of 1 purchase.
Content:
  • 25,000 Iso-8
  • 12,000 Red Iso-8
  • 1x Black Order: Master Support token
  • 3x Black Order: Beginner Support tokens
  • 1x Black cover for Thanos (The Mad Titan)

Heroes for Hire Offer - Thanos (Modern)

This offer is available to all players in the Heroes for Hire store. It costs 4,200 Hero Points, and has a maximum of 1 purchase.
Content:
  • 7,500 Iso-8
  • 4,000 Red Iso-8
  • 2x Black Order: Advanced Support tokens
  • 4x Black Order: Beginner Support tokens
  • 3x covers for Thanos (Modern) (One of each ability)

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will Black Order and Infinity Stone supports eventually roll into the original support store or are each type going to be unique indefinitely?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    Will Black Order and Infinity Stone supports eventually roll into the original support store or are each type going to be unique indefinitely?
    This took me reading a couple times to notice that the Black Order support store contains “all the contents of the Support Comics store,plus the four Black Order Supports” available at “4x odds”.   So the Black Order store, if you have Support tokens, rewards the 4 new supports at 4X the odds of the already available Supports, all of which are also included in the tokens.  I assume at some point the Black Order store expires and the 4X odds on Black Order Supports ends....?  In which case you are just dealing with increased dilution and hopefully some more exciting Support possibilities.
  • bluewolf
    Just pointing this out:  I play PVP at SCL8 and always hit 900, and usually push to 1000 which now gets 320 Red iso.  The Balancing the Universe Vault values these two things - a 4* cover and 300 Riso - equally with 3 in each vault.  So that tells you something:  Riso is, and will be for some time, a very rare resource.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    I try to refrain from negativity on the forums, but... 171x Random 2-Star covers in the vault!?

I was excited until I saw "300 Item Vault" and "171x Random 2-Star covers" as well. It seems like supports will only be accessible through great luck or expense ($$), or at the very least they're milking them at the start of a very slow roll-out.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    ZeiramMR said:
    I try to refrain from negativity on the forums, but... 171x Random 2-Star covers in the vault!?

I was excited until I saw "300 Item Vault" and "171x Random 2-Star covers" as well. It seems like supports will only be accessible through great luck or expense ($$), or at the very least they're milking them at the start of a very slow roll-out.
    I mean, that's 42 more than in a Taco Token vault if I counted correctly (which granted has some other resources like Hero Points and Health Packs too compared to this vault).

It's a shame for them because I was considering buying the SCL 8 bundle if their inevitable Infinity War store was worth it, and they are out $35 from me unless the tokens for this vault are very cheap.

Sticker shock aside: What do people think of the Hero for Hires? The 3* one loses 500 RISO and 5 Beginner Support tokens, but gets 7,500 Iso-8 and 1 more Advanced token. Costs 800 more Hero Points than the Doc Strange.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    ZeiramMR said:

I mean, that's 42 more than in a Taco Token vault if I counted correctly (which granted has other resources like Hero Points and Health Packs too).

It's a shame for them because I was considering buying the SCL 8 bundle if their inevitable Infinity War store was worth it, and they are out $35 from me unless the tokens for this vault are very cheap.

Sticker shock aside: What do people think of the Hero for Hires? The 3* one loses 500 RISO and 5 Beginner Support tokens, but gets 7,500 Iso-8 and 1 more Advanced token. Costs 800 more Hero Points than the Doc Strange.
    The Taco Token vault is largely useless, with the rare exception of a lucky pull. The difference is that we get three tokens for that every single day just for playing the best part of the game, Deadpool's Daily.

If they end up dumping Balancing the Universe vault tokens on us for the duration of its run (i.e. all PvE and PvP events award tokens to it) then that changes things a bit. But as of now this sounds like a vault we can only access through purchasing from it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it worth it to buy 5* Thanos for 450 CP? 5* Thanos and iso-8 is worth 250cp. The rest is 200 CP: 12,000 red iso, 1 Master Token, 3 Beginner Support.
  • bluewolf
    Is it worth it to buy 5* Thanos for 450 CP? 5* Thanos and iso-8 is worth 250cp. The rest is 200 CP: 12,000 red iso, 1 Master Token, 3 Beginner Support.
    Do you really need the Black Thanos cover?  We are about a year and 4 months until it rolls around at the 250CP price again.  To me, even 250 CP is worth it only to get a first or a 13th cover (or perhaps to save a number of wasted covers from 4* champ rewards).  I am very skeptical that Supports are worth spending CP on, despite their forced rarity at this point.

And I assume that someday the Riso availability will increase.  I have almost 6000 Riso (I spent a little on some Supports and did not get any dupes) so while 12K seems like a lot, it’s about 4 weeks of high end play, or so.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, the Balancing the Universe vault has a 5% chance of getting a 4* character, legendary token or support token.  That's similar to the 80 item vaults, but 10 and 40 packs would seem to be a lot less valuable (since they cover a smaller portion of the prize pool).  I wonder if that'll be reflected in the prices?

I still feel that support tokens are far too rare, and it feels like this is partly down to the high sell back price the developers chose.  I'd prefer to see the beginner support tokens have similar availability to heroic tokens, but scale back the sell back price of low rank supports to compensate.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Content of 300 Item Vault:
    • 12x 25 Red Iso-8
    • 171x Random 2-Star covers

Thanks god we have championing, but still... 60+% to get some of these.

Not surprised about 450 Command Points deal since there is a 5* guy. Dont worry, i am saving 7500 HPs for another offer with Legendary supp token (already farmed 4200). Dont make me speak about paywall (which 450CP certainly is) again :D

Supports for PvP season... geez, how about making PvP playable (winable) in the first place? Or how about adding PvE season (with its own shield equivalent - dunno, maybe 5 nodes, each could be repeated 100 times over the season, with levels of opponents ranging from level 10 to 510)? Damn, why dont we have that already? Some grinding PvE season would be cool since i really hate what PvP became for 4* and 5*s owners.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Not touching that 300 item vault with a 10 foot pole, and I normally buy from most of the vaults they put out. 
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    This is just making me sad. They are completely disregarding any feedback we give to them and also back that up with zero communication. Sad, just sad