New Champ. MEHulk, Nightcrawler, or Quake?

2»

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    ZootSax said:

... Based on what you just typed, I think you should just pull the trigger on Hulk and be done with it, to be honest. ...
    Just wanted to make clear that I am not really dwelling on this; I'll make my decision when I must and immediately move on without regret.

The point of the post, really, is to elicit ideas and generalized comparisons on (mostly) mid-tier characters that can be pretty hard to compare relative utility for. For example, it's easy to choose between C4rol and MEH, but what about between Nightcrawler and MEH? I have found, with gratitude, that many on the forum really enjoy giving advice if politely asked. All kinds of new ideas and combinations bubble up, usually not stuff I had or would ever have thought of on my own -- and I'm sure I'm not the only one who isn't a game-master by nature... Ask me about wine? I can advise all day, but not so much about games!  :D
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep, how'd you find using Nightcrawler during Simulator?  Like a lot of people I really want to like using him, but having a champed NC in that node should have made the matches breeze by, but whether it was him or the opponents, all his matches felt like slogfests to me... You'll wind up champing both of them eventually   B)
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Quake would be my pick. There are numerous PVE events that she reduces what would be bad damage to almost nothing, if anything else saving your health packs. Even at SC9 (with the exception of the 5* node) she drastically reduces damage from Muscle blues, and those ninja trap tiles. And we play against those a bunch. She is also very useful against Red Hulk, or Sentry.  
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep, how'd you find using Nightcrawler during Simulator?  Like a lot of people I really want to like using him, but having a champed NC in that node should have made the matches breeze by, but whether it was him or the opponents, all his matches felt like slogfests to me... You'll wind up champing both of them eventually   B)
    Honestly, I barely used him. Mainly bc he was undercovered (by chance, I've gotten three covers in, like, two days...) and I was using the champed 5* + AmChav + anybody. I used his purple a few times, just enough to notice that it attempts not to make cascades... I certainly agree with you that they'll all be champed at some point. I'd happily champ them all immediately if I had the ISO!
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    All three are fun and you can probably get mild play out of all of them. Situationally, I would try for Daisy cuz yer gonna get another one for prog in a few days.  Daisy is old skool and is rarely found outside the great sea of dilution. I would chase her now. The other two are at 4x, they will come around again quicker. Champ rewards on 4* are super lamo in the beginning, so two extra levels on MEH is like 50HP/2CP. I feel for you, the thirst is real, there's just not enough iso to make it around to everyone.

I love Nightcrawler(5/5/3)! They did a good job representing him. His red hits pretty reliably for me. Bamfin is just a whole lot of fun. When you assemble your heroes he is perched on a gaslight, which I find fitting and cool. Plug in Hawkguy as a battery and you will be bamfering to victory! Its one trick pony but him and prof do well with all the cascades, it's easy to forget about his dodge but it's handy- that first run of wakanda he was the only reason I got through day 1. He was just featured so it might be a while before he's boosted again, and you can have a bamf party with 12 covers or unchamped.

MEH- hulk with a burst heal, which is totally awesome cool. His passive is okay for free AP, my undercovered is still only moving one pair but I get not only free matches, but some amazing alley-ooped M5s. Him and Thor will make it rain. He has two expensive actives but if he completes your color coverage or you need those fortifieds/crits; he's fun chaos. I've been seeing MEH a lot and, anecdotally, I think they "like" him and I think we'll be seeing him again sooner than later. -I am sitting on his 14th cover hoping to get the HfH offer. 

Quake- A.K.A the veterinarian's daughter. She neuters stray special tiles. Have you got a countdown in the corner? Mindless ones stash an attack tile in a matchless desert? got em!  Her blue is so great for D. When you have to fight the goonsquad again(wait for it.... wait for it.....) you can let the blue pop and you remove the yellows. so those thug pistols, too. She takes care of Nova/oml/x23 etc black strike generators, Gamora purps, elektra's hidden traps,diabolical plots, duck invisibility tiles etc. Plus+ you get cascades! Mild AoE w/boardshake isn't so bad either - juggulo's swirley costs six and Bobby deals an approx. base damage for 12; it's fair for the AP. Prolly not playing her for offense anyway. -I'm grateful that Daisy was featured in this Boss event, she has been languishing, woefully under covered.

You could almost run them as a fun team combination. They here to mess up your day: the monkey wrench gang. Stealing AP, shaking, swapping, dodging, you overlap in purple but depending on board state you can bam-bamf them to death or drop da bomb
  • Yepyep
    purplemur said:
    I love Nightcrawler(5/5/3)! ... you can have a bamf party with 12 covers or unchamped.

MEH- ... anecdotally, I think they "like" him and I think we'll be seeing him again sooner than later. ... 

Quake- ... Prolly not playing her for offense anyway. ...

You could almost run them as a fun team combination. 
    Wow. Yo, so much worthwhile commentary -- awesome! And thanks!

Re run them as a combo -- um, tremendous insight. Not entirely a coincidence that I grouped them, I'll admit. There's more than a little similarity of zeitgeist among the three...

Re NC, it seemd to me that unchamped was 50%+ of champed and I can probably happily ride that for a while, yet.

I'm gonna go with Quake. Opportunity cost re cover availability rules. MEH is popular with the devs, like Lockjaw is, and covers will come. NC is good holding unchamped for now. Plus Quake seems most like C4ge, and when you need him nothing else will do. I learned there's no more valuable character than C4ge, when needed, and I won't be surprised if Quake turns out to be just like that.

Plus! I already have Quake at lvl 175 from some Clash so she's just that much closer... lol Every little bit...