Do you read outside of general discussion?

2»

Comments

• Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Rarely or when linked from elsewhere
    Do only when searching for something particular. Gwenpool cheet list for instance.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    There is more than general?
    Forums used to be a gold mine of info earlier. The tips and guides sections had some great guides, especially important for new players and I used to reference them a lot when I started.

Lately however I have started visiting the other sub forums less and less. Probably due to a combination of factors , since the forum migration and I moved up to the big leagues of play, so I don't need it that much.

I would really like to thank the people religiously posting in the tips and guides section. It helped me tremendously.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Always
    Brigby said:
    broll said:
    I used to, before they broke https://forums.d3go.com/discussions by disabling the ignore.  Now if I try to use that I get stuff from the magic game and other previously marked as ignore sections...
    I was actually recently informed that the Ignore feature is now replaced by a Follow feature. (I'll be drafting up a PSA that explains this feature soon)

Basically you can mark specific sub-forums with the Follow feature, and when you toggle from All to Follow (on top left of main forum page), it'll only list the sub-forums you marked.
    @Brigby

That's great and I've configured mine to work with that.

The problem remains where a handful of threads that are stickied in random areas end up also stickied there:
    • Current Latest 4* and 5* in tokens, and future removals/additions
    • 5* Tier Guide and Ranking (new poll opened - 12 Mar 18)
    • Crash of the Titans - featured 4* order
    I reported this like 3 months ago, is there any update on when this will be fixed?  
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    @broll

On the discussions page, the topics have a gear icon.  If you click on that for announcements, there is a dismiss option (it's hard to read for me, dark grey text on darker grey background).

That got rid of a random stickied announcement I had in that list, maybe it will work for you, too.
  • broll
    Always
    @broll

On the discussions page, the topics have a gear icon.  If you click on that for announcements, there is a dismiss option (it's hard to read for me, dark grey text on darker grey background).

That got rid of a random stickied announcement I had in that list, maybe it will work for you, too.
    Not sure what you mean.

At that top of https://forums.d3go.com/discussions I only see 1 gear and it's just edit profile, mark all viewed, and sign out. I used highlight to try an expose and things hidden by color and found nothing.  There are gears next to each thread but they just say tag.  There also is no section on discussions for announcements at all that I see...   

I assumed you mean the home page, but even then the only two options on gears for sections from the home page are follow/unfollow or mark as read.  The primary announcement section is not followed and that did not remove them.

I'm pretty sure the old option was called dismiss, I haven't seen anything on the forum with that since the change.

I'm looking from desktop using Google Chrome.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @broll I believe MoosePrime is talking about the gear icon next to the thread title itself:

...which you can then open the drop down menu up to find the Dismiss option:

• broll
    Always
    Brigby said:
    @broll I believe MoosePrime is talking about the gear icon next to the thread title itself:

...which you can then open the drop down menu up to find the Dismiss option:

OK I see that now. Does this dismiss the whole thread forever?  I want to see it pop up when there are new comments, but not be at the top when it was last commented on January 23.
  • broll
    Always
    Since there was no answer to my last question I tried it myself (mods please don't flag me as spam).  I confirmed that new comments did cause it to jump to the top after being dismissed.  

Thanks @Brigby & @MoosePrime
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Sometimes
    I sometimes visit the Character Details page in Character Discussion if I've just champed a character and I want to read up on the best spec. I'll do that today for Mr. Fantastic, as a matter of fact :smile:
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read all except MPQ Alliances.