Do you read outside of general discussion?

Options
therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
Do you read outside of general discussion?

I've definitely created more traciton for a conversation by simply rewording a post and putting it in general. 

Do you read outside of general discussion? 145 votes

Always
18%
DormammusinnerjflQuebbsterNeuromancerDeNappaDaredevil217shadowyoshiSim Mayoriron-n-winethechairmanbrollbigsmoothVizMantisHistamielDAZ0273MrKasadyTPF AlexisdramatistPtahhotepMomo988 27 votes
Sometimes
35%
ZeiramMRKolencerixmithBearVengerxKOBALTxIridiousZeroKarmamoss04SymmeTreyTiggidaStevO-JZootSaxBlindman13Doc LaesthetocystPunisher5784professorplum9Jarvindammenelltph_james 52 votes
Rarely or when linked from elsewhere
37%
afsplatYasuruHadronicmohioslaxer723Chrono_TataZommyGDAXP_ismeMagicferaldayornorthnorthTrilateralusSendikelmArctic_OneudonomefooCarnifexxrdvargas1bobby_2613Basepuzzlerjredd 55 votes
Never
4%
PhumadeOrionQubortJaGoOldManWolvsRTA3000Sagetopian 7 votes
There is more than general?
2%
seshomarevizionWeltenzeichnermadoctor 4 votes

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always
    I used to, before they broke https://forums.d3go.com/discussions by disabling the ignore.  Now if I try to use that I get stuff from the magic game and other previously marked as ignore sections...
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sometimes
    I like the roster and level help section, but those posts get so little traffic.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sometimes, but rarely unless I'm really looking for something (although since I'm not playing anymore - even less), no.

However, I understand what prompted this post, and I have to say that a topic thread and a topic poll are 2 different things even if they are on the same topic and the poll has arisen out of the thread. It's seeking more information - and in particular seeking it in a place where people are most likely to see it and want to give the feedback just makes the most sense for information gathering purposes.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sometimes
    I sometimes look for the daily reward list (I'm at the top end, so always seeing if anyone is ahead there), and occasionally looking at the character discussions, for advice on covers.

Speaking of which, @Brigby, you should level that Grocket and Gamora, they're both awesome!
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Always
    I often read the Character Discussion section (usually visit once most days when I am on the forum). It doesn't get a ton of traffic but there is usually something going on there that is interesting.

Other than that an occasional check in at Events and that mostly covers it.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always
    I usually glance at GD, Suggestions, and bugs. That's it, mostly. Old forums were way better, but whatever.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always
    General Discussion is the last place I go when checking the forums. I always check Character Details and Character Discussion as well as the Roster and Level Help and MPQ Tips and Guides sections first. I find the discussions there have more substance as a whole. Not that there aren't good discussions to be found in GD, but there's a lot of negativity and it can be a tough pill to swallow. (I'm guilty of it myself.)

But all the other threads have great discussions about strategy, team building, roster management, etc. Posters are typically friendly, helpful, and genuine. And while they certainly aren't as busy as GD, there is a community of posters in those sections that keep them alive and well.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes
    I read Character Discussion sometimes. The other sections might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always
    I swing by most of them. Tips & Guides, Roster & Level Help, Character Discussion (Character Details when I'm looking something up, Concepts and speculation every now and then), Events, Suggestions, and Bugs.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless I am actively looking for info, I never go to the other sections unless I'm linked there. I think a better system would be one board with all threads in one section, but with topic tags that can be applied to posts that show up next to said posts and that we can filter by.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always
    Absolutely. There's not much going on in the other forums, but the quality of discussion is much higher.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always
    Yes, some of the other forums have some very interesting discussions.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sometimes
    I'm a newer player compared to most here, so I pop into some of the guides, team setups, etc.  The forum is full of useful information.

But, yes, most of the time i'm in the general area.  The "sneak peak" thread in particular making sure I am setup for the upcoming events.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes
    I pop in on a few of them sometimes. When I get a new character to a playable state I like to see who people are using with them, or if I am curious about how an event works I'll see what's going on there. GD does get the most action, but it also gets loads of filler.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes
    Not a lot, but I do make a circuit through those every week or so.

And @therightwaye , I love that album referenced in your icon.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Always
    I'm a newer player compared to most here, so I pop into some of the guides, team setups, etc.  The forum is full of useful information.

But, yes, most of the time i'm in the general area.  The "sneak peak" thread in particular making sure I am setup for the upcoming events.
    Ironically enough the Sneak Peek thread is actually located in the Events and Tournaments subforum, there's just a redirect in General Discussion to make it easier to find.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @ZeiramMR
    yay. Doomtree is the best. <3

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes

I only use the Character Discussion in hopes that new character stats will be there... but lately (past 6+ months) I am forced to view in-game because the new character isn't posted until weeks after release.

I used to also view the Events sub-forum, but I haven't in the past year or two because it's the same events over and over again. Very little discussion or strategy to discuss about each event when you can simply use 5*'s or boosted 4*s.

The forum is simply becoming irrelevant altogether. I'll leaning towards just checking Line. There's plenty of great discussion there and everyone posts the link if something important is posted.

• Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm more of the type that rarely checks the forums at all. I pop in to read opinions about updates or to babble about the current 4*DDQ.