R151 Release Notes * Updated (4/26/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
R151.1 Update: Support Perks that have a chance to activate will now activate in accordance to their listed percentages. 

Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R151 update!

MPQ 151!
  • "Clairvoyant or Nostalgia?"
What's Changed:
  • Character Stats that have been increased by Supports are now displayed in Gold. This can be seen in all relevant areas of the game.
  • A button is displayed in the Supports store that allows players to view the chances to receive Supports at a given rank for each type of pack.
  • On the Steam version of the game, pressing Escape or Space will claim a newly received Support.
  • Fixed a rare crash that happened after claiming the Red Iso-8 that is given when first receiving Supports
  • Support Perks that increase maximum health no longer heal characters when a battle finishes
  • Archangel (Classic)'s power Aerial Superiority prevents AP generation by Support Perks
  • Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s Infinite Power now prevents tile destruction or modification by Support Perks.
Known Issues
  • Support Perks that have a chance to activate are activating less often than listed in the descriptions. We are currently planning to address this issue by the end of next week (by April 27th)

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Considering we've already had this thread...

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72076/next-4-heroes-cap-widow-okoye-and-iron-spider/p1

I don't really see the point of giving hints.

Though obviously that's all just misdirection and it's Dazzler.

• geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby
    Is the Support store supposed to be only accessible when you have the necessary tokens? It would be nice to use Red ISo as a way to get supports like how CP is used for legendary tokens. It would help get more supports out there to more casual players who don't grind events past the first few thresholds
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sounds like Disco is making a comeback!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    geno685 said:
    It would be nice to use Red ISo as a way to get supports like how CP is used for legendary tokens. It would help get more supports out there to more casual players who don't grind events past the first few thresholds
    If they did offer support tokens in exchange for red iso, they'd have to cost a lot to prevent them from being cost neutral.

A beginner support token gives you a 5% chance of a rank 3 support, 33% chance of rank 2, and 62% chance of rank 1.  If you assume the token gives you a duplicate support (which is a pretty safe assumption if you buy a lot of them), then you'd expect to receive 3778 red iso on average.

If the token was priced at anything less than 3778 red iso, then you would likely increase your red iso reserves simply by buying tokens.  To avoid this, I suspect they wouldn't go lower than 7000 red iso, if they were going to sell them.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
       All the support changes seem nice. Now, if we could only get some supports and/or level them.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:

What's Changed:
    • Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s Infinite Power now prevents tile destruction or modification by Support Perks.
    Does this include Supports that are equipped to Thanos?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Options

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72076/next-4-heroes-cap-widow-okoye-and-iron-spider/p1

There's obviously 2 different marketing groups and they aren't able to acknowledge the existence of each other.  Someone has released a generic Marvel games upcoming release into the wild that gave us the info for the next month. 

@brigby is stuck within his team that has to pretend this hasn't happened, or he's excited to reveal the surprise nostalgic disco pick of Dazzler!

Side note it does appear that the Devs haven't totally forgotten about supports, just a shame the community has.  All discussion on them has dropped off the forums.  Latest changes here are fine, but not the real UI updates that would have been welcome when the system was released.  Also still no real new info on when we might actually get more support token access.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wow, this would be a departure from the ScarJo version...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Widow_(Claire_Voyant)

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She's a blonde, the new movie version is blonde, that's a good enough link for the forum clues.

Remember, the clue for Doc Ock involved the word "stop" because both stop signs and octopuses have 8 of a thing.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

She's a blonde, the new movie version is blonde, that's a good enough link for the forum clues.

Remember, the clue for Doc Ock involved the word "stop" because both stop signs and octopuses have 8 of a thing.
    Wait, maybe Infinity War Black Widow is blonde because it’s her long lost twin/clone/double, Yelena Belanova!!!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    geno685 said:
    @Brigby
    Is the Support store supposed to be only accessible when you have the necessary tokens? It would be nice to use Red ISo as a way to get supports like how CP is used for legendary tokens. It would help get more supports out there to more casual players who don't grind events past the first few thresholds

This wouldn't work. Standard Tokens used be able to be bought for 500 Iso (Before Championing was released). It was a nice idea in theory because you could increase your chance at grabbing 3*'s. I did this when I first started playing and got a bunch of 3*'s but it actually hurt my roster because I spent all my Iso buying covers and I could not level those characters. Plus as stated above, the tokens would need to be substantially higher due to the sellback price for duplicate supports. We simply just need more ways tokens and they should not be treated as the equivalent of 4* covers.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    JHawkInc said:

Wait, maybe Infinity War Black Widow is blonde because it’s her long lost twin/clone/double, Yelena Belanova!!!
    And she'll be "Super Limited" (but really, "Limited" 1*...sheesh)...
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Claire Voyant". Good grief. But now I'm wondering who is Nos Talgia.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

And I guess they are going with Natasha and Nostalgia being homophones to link the other common BW name. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

But...but all the Dazzler jokes though!
    WARNING: Fake Spoilers Below!
    (none of the below text has any chance whatsoever of actually being in the Infinity War film, so proceed with caution; you have been warned)

Having not seen Infinity War, I can only assume that Black Widow comes in contact with the Infinity Gauntlet and is transformed into Dazzler, so....4* Black Widow (Dazzler) confirmed?

It makes sense then that they wouldn't release the Avengers 4 title prior to Infinity War, as it's just a remake of Saturday Night Fever, featuring Black Widow and Star Lord in a dance-off.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This wouldn't work. Standard Tokens used be able to be bought for 500 Iso (Before Championing was released). It was a nice idea in theory because you could increase your chance at grabbing 3*'s. I did this when I first started playing and got a bunch of 3*'s but it actually hurt my roster because I spent all my Iso buying covers and I could not level those characters. Plus as stated above, the tokens would need to be substantially higher due to the sellback price for duplicate supports. We simply just need more ways tokens and they should not be treated as the equivalent of 4* covers.
    I still weep occasionally when I think of all the iso I spent getting 1* covers in return...I probably could've champed a few more 4*s by now.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

"Claire Voyant". Good grief. But now I'm wondering who is Nos Talgia.
    Me, too. And who is Dee Lusional.