Is it possible to top 5 in story mode without tapping ?

2»

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    The weird thing is, tapping might just be a consequence of how placement is calculated atm. If you don't have a 'speed' roster, but you do want to get top placement (meaning t10 or whatever gives 4* or higher), your only viable way to pass the speedier players is to play the nodes more often.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished T5 (#5 exactly) in Simulator with no tapping.  Played everything optimally including the loaner node.  180 points ahead of #6.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    It does require you to play optimally to the point that you're nearly perfect, but it definitely is possible. I've done it with my non 5-star roster in CL8 at least 3 times. 
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited April 2018
    When they did the test run I got 4th place just like the old days.  The event after the test I was pushed back to around the mid teens for placement.  I don't even try for the top 10 anymore

i always play sl8

• Coulson_Lives
    Coulson_Lives Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    It's irrelevant now.  Tappers begone.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woot woot.  Now it is time for the tappers to fall from the leaderboard.  
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I have been entering a story about 3 hours or so after it has started and regularly finish top 10

on the last event , if I had managed to do 7 clears on each node I think I would have finished top 5 easy , I still finished 6th with only 5 clears of the 5* node 

so yes it’s definitely possible