Is 700 the new 575?

Options
2»

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I usually shoot for 900, minimum of 575. 900 is still pretty darn tough for me so I doubt I’ll go for 1000.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will try to hit 1000 when I can. If not, I'm not too fussed and satisfied with 900
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Until I see a path to earning supports, rISO is pretty meaningless to me.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A little off-topic, but to me 400 is the new 900.  Back in olden times I'd hit 900 every event, get 10000 for the season.  Nowadays I'm lucky to get 300 and the 10-pack.

What changed?  Championing a couple of 5* and not having a Gambit.

Since then I've championed a total of 11 5*, the highest 457, my 1/3/0 Gambit is level 315, and it's a sea of Gambits out there.

We now return you to your normal programming.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got the 700 RISO reward on the Doom event and it doesn't seem too unreasonable a new target as I usually play at least to 650 minimum. Top 50 seemed very competetive, so maybe the Red Iso is pushing players to go further.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It changed my habits - now I push to 150 instead of stopping after the seeds.  
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No change for me.  575 is still my critical target, anything more than that is just a matter of me having a little extra time on my hands.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I usually push for 900, I have champed Gambit and Thor, and around 800 I usually start taking hits from climbers with around 300-400 pts, so I lose a lot getting hit.  Those two just aren't intimidating on defense to other players with Gambit or Gambit/Thor. 

All that to say that I usually turtle at 900 before losing more than I can gain in a match.  Once I've shielded at 900 I have little enthusiasm for hopping.  I don't have a sense for how valuable supports or red iso are, so I'm not motivated to push further.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was tempted to make a run at 1000, but once I got to 900 (which I rarely ever get to, usually 575ish) all my matches were worth single digits.  I even shielded and checked every hour and still everything was single digits.  Ugh...
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won't change anything.  I try to get to 900 and shield if I get 900.  Have no desire to try to get an extra 100 points for some (as of now) worthless Red ISO.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I just went to 700 in the Strange Days event when I normally stop at 575. With a boosted max-champed Strange backed by boosted Riri and Kate :open_mouth: the climb was pretty easy. (That's a trio who really pack a punch!)

I can't say the riso was a huge motivator, but I think I'll start going to 700 more often when I've got the boosted champs for it.
  • Ebichu
    Ebichu Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As a kinda new player I was already aiming for 725 minimum for the 50pts so that's just a bonus in the way for me
  • Jrlrma
    Jrlrma Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    My goal is 725 but i dont always hit it. I always get to 575 in scl 6. the riso requirements are so ridculous that idc about supports in the least. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I play to 850-900 so the reward at 700 is just icing for me, but I will say that the 320 RIso at 1000 points is certainly enticing. I haven't been in a battle chat/shield check room in a VERY long time now, so I don't even usually bother trying to look for decent queues once I'm north of 900. Will have to see how it goes trying to score higher, cracking 1000 was enough for t5 in Slice 5.8 of Strange Days yesterday. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Although this question wasn't directed to me as I stop at 725 (grab HP then shield for free and place T50), I don't join the PVP until the end of the Season so I can grab the 10pks and 4* SIM cover. I was hoping the added Red Iso would entice me to play an entire season but it doesn't. I rather keep the free time to drag myself to nonstop PVP events along with PVE.

I really hope the devs don't think Red Iso will get players to play more like CP did, because it doesn't. They need to treat Red Iso like regular Iso, which means give us more.. actually we don't get enough regular Iso I guess this makes sense.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been pushing to 900 if I can swing it now that I have more 4* champions, but 575 is my "ugh, no boosted champs, i'm out" point. the RISO is not enticing me to work especially hard in those punishing events I'm not equipped to compete in.