Is 700 the new 575?

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
For those of you/us who play PvP to the CP progression reward, does the 120 RISO which debuted in Doctor's Orders at 700 points entice you at all?

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yes yes it does. That is my new goal when previously I was happy walking away at 575.

I already nabbed it in docs orders. My newly levelmaxed but not champed 3-5-5 gambit did help considerably. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No it doesn't. I always play till 700+ anyway, healthpacks and schedule permitting
    So you did not play to just 575 before for the 10 cp then bow out. The question was to players that aim for 575 then stop, are they now motivated to go to 700?
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    yes and no.. lol

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    Is 120 rIso really enough for anyone to care?  Seems like a pretty small amount to change your PvP habits over.
    So... that's a no?  ;)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Orion said:
    Is 120 rIso really enough for anyone to care?  Seems like a pretty small amount to change your PvP habits over.
    So... that's a no?  ;)
    Lol. I hit 1200 in each event so your question wasn’t directed at me.  :)
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In non new releases, I fluctuate between 575-650, so 700 is a little tempting. I thing big the thing is going to be how many opportunities we have to earn support tokens. Dupe pulls yield decent RISO, but (so far) all other placement rewards are just drops in the bucket. The ISO spent skipping teams or health packs don't appear to be worth 120 RISO just yet.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The question I found myself facing is "Is 1000 the new 900?"

I would aim to get the 4* reward then bug out. Really don't feel like grinding to 1,200. But then I noticed there's red ISO at 1000 points, so now that's my new target. Maybe I'll be lucky and hitting that consistently will get me top 25 placement from now on.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was already bowing out most events at 650 after the 2nd token, so not as much further for me to 700 if I'm not hating the event. A few riso though isn't much of an incentive. If it was a supports token that would definately do it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder why a handful of players stop at 575? I always set a minimum of 725. 725 = 50 HP. On first glance, it's not a lot. Over time, it adds up. 365/3 * 50 = 6000 HP a year. Some might still think it's not a big deal but that's 3 - 6 roster slots for high level players.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm still happy with 575, currently play to 900. When supports hit pvp I will probably stop pvp.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I usually play until 650, so yes 700 it is.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder why a handful of players stop at 575? I always set a minimum of 725. 725 = 50 HP. On first glance, it's not a lot. Over time, it adds up. 365/3 * 50 = 6000 HP a year. Some might still think it's not a big deal but that's 3 - 6 roster slots for high level players.
    By the time I could reliably get that far, I didn't really need HP that much. Especially since it usually seems to get hard to find decent targets after 575 or so. From there to 800, I'm often seeing nothing better than 30 points, max.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I get to 575 maybe 40% of the time, and the riso doesn't tempt me at all.  The concept of even grinding to 575 alone can be like imagining sticking my face in a blender. Going further is beyond my comprehension. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would say yes. I did for Doc Doom's event just now but it will depend on the boosted list to whether I do it every PVP event. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So as the Doom event draws to a close, is 1000 the new 900?  It’s really not much riso, but it’s something.  I’m curious what scores look like. 

If more people push past old goals, the old goals will be easier to achieve. So it depends whether some red iso is a goal.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I reached 900 then shielded to preserve t50. After dropping down to 58th or so I tried to push to 1000.
    I quickly got my **** handed to me and gave up and settled for t100.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nope - like carrier pigeons, I hit 575 about 40% of the time (300 is generally my minimum). The only way I would consider trying to hit 700 is if that riso was replaced with a support token.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finished with, I think 1002 points? Something around that. I was 27th. 25th guy had 1052 points.

As said above though if this just makes 900 points easier to get to I'm fine with that.