Supports Details - Duplicates & Packs *Updated (4/11/18)

Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime said:
    So I am looking at the support and it is going to take some time to get used remembering to load up the supports.  I can see myself consistently forgetting to place the supports on characters.  Especially for the beginning since as a 5* player it will probably take a while to level up to make a difference.
    No need for grief that can't be spoken
    No pain that goes on and on
    No empty heroes with empty Support slots
    Once you equip them, they'll stay on.
    But remembering to move them.....being able to even find them....these features coming soon to a roster near you.

Suggestion for loading screen:
    "Have you managed your supports today?"
    If you’re not remembering to move your supports it’s likely because they don’t significantly impact your gameplay. If it’s making a difference you’ll remember. As to finding them I don’t really understand the problem? They’re not hidden. 
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does applying a new rank to a Support up the level or just the level cap?

IE if I've got a Lvl 5, Rank 1 Support and find a Rank 2 (through some mysterious process) will it become a Lvl 5 Rank 2 support or do I gain some levels at the same time so it's a Lvl 55 Rank 2.

I think it's the former, but like to check.  Does this mean in theory you can have a Lvl 1 Rank 5 support if you haven't spent any RISO on that support?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, the ranks and levels are separate. You could rank up to 5 and not level a support past 1.
  • modok47
    modok47 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    So far not a fan of support -- another tab to deal with and thing to upgrade but lets see how  it plays out. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Will the "Train" button make a return at some point?
    I found it easy to use and helpful, now I have to find each individual character I guess can be leveled up and a few more clicks later...  
    It would save soo much time for players. Can you not place it next to the alliance button?
  • renise5811
    renise5811 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:

Forum Question: Where will we discuss Supports? Is this considered a Character Discussion or will there be a new sub-discussion specifically for Supports?

That's definitely a good question! For now, please feel free to talk about Supports in the Character Discussion section. Depending on the amount of conversation generated from Supports though, we may consider creating a designated sub-forum specifically for Supports discussions.

• renise5811
    renise5811 Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby Haven't recieved any supports. Have all 3,4,and 5s. Please advise
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Haven't recieved any supports. Have all 3,4,and 5s. Please advise
    Have you not been prompted to update to R150? The Supports tutorial started once I updated yesterday.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    If levels bought in to a support at 1* persist across higher level supports, will it cost the same amount of red iso to buy levels on a 5* as it would a 1*? Will we be acquiring supports faster, slower, or about the same as we will be acquiring red iso? Currently with characters, most of us are getting covers much faster than we are getting the iso to level them, leading to a situation where people throw covers on a character until they're ready to champ, then go back around and sink iso into them based on personal preference. Are supports working the same way? Like it'll cost me N red iso to go from 0-50, and the star tier of a given support just gates you from leveling beyond a certain point? 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised how many people are upset that the train button is gone.  I never used it myself.  It seemed like a redundant and not any better way to do roster management then the roster screen.  Now I wonder if I was missing some feature of it lol.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I'm surprised how many people are upset that the train button is gone.  I never used it myself.  It seemed like a redundant and not any better way to do roster management then the roster screen.  Now I wonder if I was missing some feature of it lol.

It's probably more useful when you are building your roster and have many options on where to spend your ISO. When most characters are champed you can keep track of who needs to be leveled up anyway.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Feel the same way. I never used it. I always leveled my characters from the roster screen. The roster screen does have a yellow arrow next to the characters that can be leveled, so I don't know what the big deal is. You should know which characters you have not leveled up anyway. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used the Train screen when i had much fewer characters. like the 2->3* transition days. I've long felt like what it was doing could easily have been consolidated down to the base roster screen.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    For those wondering... 
    Rank 1 dupes = 1400 red iso
    Rank 2 dupes = 7000 red iso
    Rank 3 dupes = 12000 red iso
    Rank 4 dupes = 16000 red iso

Haven't seen anyone get a rank 5 dupe yet, but something tells me it'll be 20000 red iso.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    For those wondering... 

Haven't seen anyone get a rank 5 dupe yet, but something tells me it'll be 20000 red iso.
    Rank 5 duplicate conversion awards 24,000 Red Iso-8.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    This is just a guess but with dupes giving out RIso I’m guessing you can’t have more than one of the same support. I only ask to see if I liked a certain support and wanted to add it to two different characters at the same time would that be possible?

Edit: after reading my own post, let me know if supports are considered similar to the actual characters. If so it makes senses not to have two of the same on two different characters just like u wouldn’t be able to take two wolverines into a fight
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is just a guess but with dupes giving out RIso I’m guessing you can’t have more than one of the same support. I only ask to see if I liked a certain support and wanted to add it to two different characters at the same time would that be possible?

Edit: after reading my own post, let me know if supports are considered similar to the actual characters. If so it makes senses not to have two of the same on two different characters just like u wouldn’t be able to take two wolverines into a fight
    You can only have one copy of each support.  Given the gap between available Riso (about 2000 per PVE) and the estimated 600,000+ to level one to 250, I don't relish the idea of trying to level up two copies of the same support.

I also assume this is a balance issue, as you would essentially be doubling or tripling the advantage of a support if you could equip multiple copies.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    For those wondering... 

Rank 5 duplicate conversion awards 24,000 Red Iso-8.
    Thanks Brigby!
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Is the only way to increase the star level of a support is to pull the higher star level?