Events with objectives that require X life or less

Options
Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
These events that have objectives that require a player to bring his life to X or lower should not impose the need to use potions to refresh. Why have that penalty? That seems to be a bit contradictory when faced with more than one match in the associated node.

Comments

• Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just play another node and come back. Doesn't take long at all for hp to regenerate. I don't think I've ever run out of potions . Should be fine .
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just play another node and come back. Doesn't take long at all for hp to regenerate. I don't think I've ever run out of potions . Should be fine .
    That's what I usually do... but like many who argue about refreshes in here, I , like them, have little time alloted to clearing nodes. so I often don't have the time to wait out on a potion or a full regeneration to occur.  I often use those potions in other nodes for a good reason, but honestly,  I think it's pretty tinykitty to reward a good effort in achieving an objective like that by making you burn a much needed potion. I get the potion, I do.  But maybe such node objectives should have "win the match with 40 life or less. If you achieve this objective. After the match ends your life will be refreshed to full."

I don't think this is a bad objective at all. This does take some strategizing.  Whereas kill X creatures... you have absolutely no control over that objective.  The latter should  be removed imho. Not the X life or less.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    Agree with Coilbox. The main problem to me is that it encourages weird work-arounds, such as:

- Play a low-level planeswalker (perhaps even with less than X life to begin with)
    - Play a non-event game to reduce life to X or less, then play the event game
    - Let the opponent hit you until you reach less than X, then start winning

None of these are fun!
    agreed, winning this objective also relies heavily on luck not skill.

Too many times I've waited as my opponent widdled down my HP just to have them kill me because they finally got their combo just as I complete the objective.  Who would have thought that doing nothing and giving the AI extra turns might end up with the tables turning on you.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tfg76 said:
    Agree with Coilbox. The main problem to me is that it encourages weird work-arounds, such as:

- Play a low-level planeswalker (perhaps even with less than X life to begin with)

None of these are fun!

Too many times I've waited as my opponent widdled down my HP just to have them kill me because they finally got their combo just as I complete the objective.  Who would have thought that doing nothing and giving the AI extra turns might end up with the tables turning on you.
    That happened to me, an 8 shield magma vortex got stuck between the field gems on the red node just as I hit the lower HP.  Instant Loss.  Cost me 50 spots on the leaderboard (and the massive payoff that goes with it).

I hate these objectives with a burning passion
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    tfg76 said:

None of these are fun!

That happened to me, an 8 shield magma vortex got stuck between the field gems on the red node just as I hit the lower HP.  Instant Loss.  Cost me 50 spots on the leaderboard (and the massive payoff that goes with it).

Ouch, that loss would hurt :/

But I don't know if you're just frustrated or also making a pun :D

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I run out of potions, I go to training grounds, make a deck full of lifelink with the low-health PW, and fight to gain all my life back. Then I go back and do what I need to do again.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    When I run out of potions, I go to training grounds, make a deck full of lifelink with the low-health PW, and fight to gain all my life back. Then I go back and do what I need to do again.
    you're like that guy who's feeling tired so he decides to run a mile.

waaaay too lazy to do that lol
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    tfg76 said:

None of these are fun!

The pun was completely accidental.  The rage and pain was definitely real.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    tfg76 said:

None of these are fun!

The pun was completely accidental.  The rage and pain was definitely real.
    Oh for sure, I'd be pretty frustrated myself
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like extra objectives should reward excellent playing, and playing to lose life feels like the exact opposite of that. I'd like to see this go away as an objective.