Claws for Alarm, and other All-Tier PVPs

ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
When I saw there'd be a "choose your required Wolverine" PVP on the preview thread, I thought that seemed like a great idea. But now, I am finding it to be super competitive and brutal. My OML is 2/0/2 and my XFW is 1/3/2, so I find myself needing to lean on good-ol' Patch. I can climb it to a point with the teams I have (Nico/Patch/4ocket is fun), but they are getting stomped on defense. I guess my boosted Coulson is putting me on the 5* game radar because i routinely come back to all champ 5* retaliations.

It's giving out a bunch of Hulk in the rewards, I wonder if he's next? At any rate, what do people think of the category based required? Generally positive? This being the forum, generally negative?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like it.
    I found out that my 340 Xforce can murder 5s with his black.
    I also found that he SUCKS compared to Fist.
    I also found I don't regret selling my champed OML - Xforce may be better than him on defense.

I want more of these.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with Bowgentle, this should become more of a trend. There's certainly opportunities for it with all the variants out there. Like Logan, Iron Man and Hulk each have variants at the 3/4/5-star tiers.

(BTW - My highest level champed 4-star is XFW and I've still been using Patch. With boosted grocket in the 4-star MMR, the chosen Wolverine is largely irrelevant. Patch is a better healer and I don't have to worry about any health packs with him.)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I ended up climbing to 900 finally with Medusa/Patch/4ocket. Swapping out Nico for Medusa has proven to be a good move in almost every case that I've been hoping to use her. This has been my first real exposure to XFW, since most people seem to hate him so much, but going up against champs he is definitely not #TheWorst4* in my opinion. 

In general I would also like to see more of these. Depending on who you use at the 4* tier (peggy or flaptain, maybe both), you could do a Captain America one also. Even Black Panther.
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I really like the option to pick which version of a character I'm running. All else being equal, I'd definitely prefer more options than "this is the one character you get to use, suck it up".
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked the variety and there are several more characters who can have their own version of this - more please.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be amusing with Hawkeye (Kate in the 4* spot) having 1* - 5*, but I'd also enjoy it greatly with Hulk 3* - 5*.