4* DDQ: Who ya gonna call? HULKBUSTER (vs. 3* Hulk)

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
This was a petty straightforward fight for my 5/5/3 Level 277 Hulkbuster. Get ALL the red! 

I actually made it to nine red fairly quickly, so decided I would collect until he got enough green or red to damage me, or I had enough to take him down in one shot. The latter happened when I realized 26 red AP was probably enough to do the trick. :smiley: The only other power I fired was blue. 

Finished first try, no boosts, with 16410 health left. Token to the hoard I'll be cracking tomorrow to try and finish covering GladiaThor before he's bumped by Jessica Jones. 

EDIT: Jump to about 2:44 or so for the relevant clip: http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-summer-2015-movie-preview

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This has always been an easy battle, this time was no different.
    Got a Punch Everyone cover from the token, seemed appropriate.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Very easy victory! Started the battle with a board full of blue and red tiles, used HB´s blue to gather more red AP and knocked the "indestructible" Hulk out with a 16k Repulsor Punch. At the end of this crash my level 290 HB still had more than 18k health points left.

Token to my JJ-hoard.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/5/3, tried a couple of times at 173 with no boosts, then at 209 with no boosts, and finally at 209 with a bunch of boosts.

With only 2 red covers, this was not a particularly easy fight for me. Especially since I kept getting black-starved boards so I couldn't make use of my 5 black covers to get some good Strikes and a bunch more red to compensate for its poor damage ratio.

Had a couple of tries where I was one turn away from finishing him when he dropped me, and a few more where I just got smashed (in a couple of cases, literally), but finally managed to pull it out with a blue/red-heavy board and a couple of lucky Match-5s.

Token waiting for JJ.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    This Crash can go to hell!
  • Quebbster
    gmtosca said:
    This Crash can go to hell!
    Level 100 and an 2/0/4 build is hardly ideal for this Crash, but if you level Hulkbuster up a bit I think you can pull it off with a bit of luck. It's a fairly straightforward Crash, just collect red AP and punch when you can take Hulk out.
  • gmtosca
    I've tried it twice and I've gotten to like getting him down to like a 1000+ and then he does something, the end, thanks for playing.  I now have a headache because of the rage lol
  • Quebbster
    gmtosca said:
    I've tried it twice and I've gotten to like getting him down to like a 1000+ and then he does something, the end, thanks for playing.  I now have a headache because of the rage lol
    Only twice? With undercovered character you may need a lot of tries before the board aligns in your favor. You may want to use some boosts too if you haven't already. 1000 damage really isn't that much to overcome, so it sounds like you are doing pretty well.
  • gmtosca
    I stopped for a while because I really was already getting a headache and the frustration added to it. I'll definitely try again before the Crash changes.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Level 172 5/3/5 (I am iso poor) 1st try!  Good board with lots of reds, I grabbed them and fired with 24 red ap.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've always liked this fight: Veronica taking down the guy she was designed for.

My Hulkbuster is champed but the board decided to make things at least moderately interesting. It started out completely dominated by green, along with a fair amount of yellow and purple. It's starts like that which makes me question if MPQ is rigged... (I know, I know, just bad luck). So I got going by just denying green as much as I could without anything else to match. The red started to fall... every time it was Hulk's turn to match, which of course he gobbled up. I managed to gather up enough blue to fire that, which got me a nice small cascade of red and things started falling for me after that. Had about 24 red when I finally smacked Hulk with the big punch.

Token to the hoard.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lvl. 280

Focused on red and then blased him expecting a win. Discovered I miscalculated the damage I would do and had to gather more red. That time won it.

Token to the hoard.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    After three bad boards and an undercovered HB, I got hold of the extra ISO to take him to 200. Then a good board and punch-o! LT was an unusable Kraven (hate that guy). Ah well...
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    No problem for champed HB. Blue/black scarce board made it longer than usual, but the outcome was never in doubt.

Token was a red Panther.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Snooze. 1st try for a 5/4/4 lvl 276 HB with no boosts. I kept transforming his green to red, so he only got one slam off before I hit 24 AP and slapped him down.

Token to the hoard, which got me a JJ today! 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    This has always been an easy battle, this time was no different.
    Got a Punch Everyone cover from the token, seemed appropriate.
    Ha ha, my son did this battle for me and so got to open the token with the same result!