Options
2»

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Tilwin90 said:
    Oh sorry... I got confused with the red mythic dragon that does not have flying... Which indeed is accurate. Sorry for the mix up 
    no worries man, except I think you might be referring to a dinosaur.  I double checked and all dragons in mtgpq have flying, but there are red mythic dinosaurs that do not.  Is that what you mean?
    Ah darn, these are DINOSAURS. Makes sense. *facepalm*
    The way Etali and Nezahal look I always imagined they are dragons. Zetalpa is just as confusing but at least she has flying. :tongue:
    they do look pretty dragon-like, even more if you haven't had your coffee yet ;)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    These dragons are pathetic. They are not even close to masterpiece level creatures. I would propose the following changes:
    • Reduced the cost to 10 or 12
    • Remove the gem condition on the special effects
    • Add a property that if it dies it immediately comes back to your hand (like Scarab God)

If you removed the gem requirement the cost that they are now would be about right IMHO. Reducing the cost is just encouraging more power creep.  But I do like the return to hand bit, but if that is the case, that should raise the cost by 1 or 2. I'm sorry but we as a player have a lot of ways to abuse their death effects and being able to swing that effect back and forth via cast. That returning-to-the-hand upon death ability for a creature whose global effects kick in upon death is a powerful thing
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    Tilwin90 said:
    Oh sorry... I got confused with the red mythic dragon that does not have flying... Which indeed is accurate. Sorry for the mix up 
    no worries man, except I think you might be referring to a dinosaur.  I double checked and all dragons in mtgpq have flying, but there are red mythic dinosaurs that do not.  Is that what you mean?
    Ah darn, these are DINOSAURS. Makes sense. *facepalm*
    The way Etali and Nezahal look I always imagined they are dragons. Zetalpa is just as confusing but at least she has flying. :tongue:
    do you even jurrasic park, bro ? :D
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Just scrap the dragons that need to die to be worthwhile and give us the Praetorian's instead...

Honestly though, the gem conditions need to reduced for these things.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You won't like Kokusho in L3 if there is no gem requirement. Cya later 10 life and first 3 cards.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    You won't like Kokusho in L3 if there is no gem requirement. Cya later 10 life and first 3 cards.
    That would just put it on par with Platinum Angel masterpiece, which I have seen abused beautifully with Lily3
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    Perhaps the gem requirements need adjusting for some of them, but yeah, outright removing them is too heavy handing and has potential for badness.

The Blue one for example... Steal your worst creature and give it Hexproof _without_ any restrictions or hoops to jump through? Hexproof is a big deal and traditionally hard to put on most creatures.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I support this buff. 
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    ZW2007- said:
    Perhaps the gem requirements need adjusting for some of them, but yeah, outright removing them is too heavy handing and has potential for badness.

The Blue one for example... Steal your worst creature and give it Hexproof _without_ any restrictions or hoops to jump through? Hexproof is a big deal and traditionally hard to put on most creatures.
    You have to jump through at least a couple hoops to get it, though, becuase you need to be a blue deck that wants to kill its creatures, and have space on the board to take opponent's creature. Keiga is really no better than Lay Claim or Kefnet's Last, and that's without the gem restriction. I would say Keiga is the least powerful of the masterpiece dinosaurs dragons, and would benefit most from some kind of buff. Agreed hexproof gives maybe a little trepidation, so how about gem-count goes away, and hexproof is replaced with flying?
  • FindingHeart8
    edited March 2018
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I support this buff. 
    Sweet!  Now if only Brigby would come to visit and support this buff too, and pass it on to the developers and they support this buff, and then the dragons get buffed and we all are happy :)
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Kinesia said: 
    ZW2007- said:

You have to jump through at least a couple hoops to get it, though, becuase you need to be a blue deck that wants to kill its creatures, and have space on the board to take opponent's creature. Keiga is really no better than Lay Claim or Kefnet's Last, and that's without the gem restriction. I would say Keiga is the least powerful of the masterpiece dinosaurs dragons, and would benefit most from some kind of buff. Agreed hexproof gives maybe a little trepidation, so how about gem-count goes away, and hexproof is replaced with flying?
         If Keiga dies, you should have a slot for the stolen creature without much effort. 
         Besides if you play one of those dragons you probably already have in mind a deck where they are likely to die in a way or another.

My overall feeling is most of them are already powerful if you use them with cards or walkers that can trade their sacrifice for another efect.
        They really start to shine when you have a way to send them back from graveyard to the field ... there are a few already (they aren't too easy to get though).
       The idea of getting rid of the gem condition is seducing but im pretty sure it could make some of them too powerful with the proper sinergies.
      However, I do not like the return to hand idea, because they would no longer be able to get back from cementary to the field while it is actually the most interesting way to play them.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    httpsscontent-ort2-1xxfbcdnnetvt340-1229345634_10211489035962192_1952743873_npngoh3069ee36ccc6a0dd379f8cde2822e658oe5AB6AA17
    Hey Guys!  Check out all my pretty paperweights!!!!
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    httpsscontent-ort2-1xxfbcdnnetvt340-1229345634_10211489035962192_1952743873_npngoh3069ee36ccc6a0dd379f8cde2822e658oe5AB6AA17
    Very lucky. How many elite packs did you open.... five?
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    khurram said:

Just one but it cascaded.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited March 2018
    Options
    khurram said:
    Lucky Indeed.  3 for 3, a new Kamigawa dragon per pack.  Ironically it's also my favorite set since it was released back in the day.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lol, those mana requirements though! #GreedDotDeck #Respect
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    lol, those mana requirements though! #GreedDotDeck #Respect
    if memory serves, I'm pretty sure the 3-shield support I had on the field there was Bounty of Luxa ;)
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just got one (white) and while I'm excited to have it for nostalgia purposes, I can't say I have a home for it, or am eager to put it in a deck. Just not good enough.