Rix Ascend Bundle

Options
Steve111
Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
is there any information on what the cards are in this bundle?

Comments

• NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you go to buy it, you can see what the cards are before you confirm.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The better question is if the cards actually work or not
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vona hunger (rare) tendershoot dryad (mythic) kumena's awakening (rare)
    vona is a wonky over priced kill spell
    tendershoot is a 5/5 that drops a saproling token each turn 2 is ascended
    kumena is a support that allos you to draw 2 cards a turn 3 if ascended
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would pay about $5 for the bundle, so they overshot me by $15. When would you want to play tendershoot? Surely with only three creature slots on the battlefield available, having this eat up two of them is worse than dozens of other options?
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not being able to find an obvious home for tendershoot is why I didn't buy this bundle.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vona’s Hunger is crazy good. I pulled it in a pack (3 copies in one premium pack.. just to prove dupe rates were not fixed). Either way, the card works and it is amazing!!
  • morgue427
    Options
    since it seems they upped the cost of vraskas contempt i may have to try it and find out at 7 it was workable at 9 with no baral makes it harder to justify
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vona's Hunger seems pretty good, kill 2 for a reasonable price.

Tendershoot will work pretty well in several decks, since its basically like a TSN once you get the blessing (note it says at the start of EACH turn, not of yours).  Its also good for blocking, since it basically heals the damage.

Kumena seems like a poor man's Fevered Visions, but not bad overall.

(it should be noted I do not have any of these cards, this is purely theoretical rambling)
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I think tendershoot will pair nicely with Path of Descovery and Other explore creatures like Emperor's Vanguard and Wildgrowth Walker
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am loving Tendershoot. It grows faster than Haptara. Very easy to get the 2 plants a turn with Garuk. And yes, the saplings are each turn.

BTW is it an Exclusive? Before I got it I was trying to see its description by looking in the RIX cards but couldn't find it.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Tendershoot, Path of Discovery, Lurking Chupacabra.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Froggy said:
    Vona’s Hunger is crazy good. I pulled it in a pack (3 copies in one premium pack.. just to prove dupe rates were not fixed). Either way, the card works and it is amazing!!
    Not to mention that the kill spell isn't targeted, meaning Vona's Hunger will kill hexproof creatures. That already makes it worth the extra mana and not being able to target in my book. Been playing it since I got it and only once have I had it whiff on me where there was a big creature in slot one I wanted to kill, but I had the city's blessing so it killed the two little guys in slots two and three instead. But even that considered, it's a pretty great card.
  • morgue427
    Options
    never gave the untargeted part of the card a glance, does make it a more valuable since hexproof cards are being used more. some times you just need a cheap kill spell. lol