4* DDQ: Gwen vs Miles - Ticket to the Spiderverse!

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
Pretty easy one.  I completed it on the third try with 5/5/2 L70 SpiderGwen. 

Strat I used:
I used +2 purple, +2 red/yellow, +2 all.
Prioritize purple, then red, then yellow.
Primary goal is to keep him as stun locked as possible.
Try to save your yellow until you have enough 6 red.
Never fire red unless you have the web tiles for it to cost 6.
Never fire yellow unless you need to lower the cost of red for immediate fire.
If you aren't close on red and especially if you have yellow saved up, don't be afraid to eat web tiles to get some health back and to limit amount on the board for his moves.

+1 to the hoard

This makes my second for sure, possibly third L70 win.  Ironically the only other one I'm for sure of L70 on was Miles.  This is also probably the last as Miles and Gwen are my last 2 L70s and I'll likely have Miles champed before he comes around again in June.

Comments

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    150 4/4/0 SpiderGwen, boosted.  First 2 times, Miles got invisible really early and I couldn't match that tile away.  Third time, I denied purple and just alternated between stun and cherry bomb, and even then, health was at 182 before Miles went down.

LT to the hoard.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Toughest one for a while. My Gwen is a rather useless 2/4/4 and hadn't been raised from level 70. First attempt at level 70 ended predictably badly, second at 140 with boosts was actually worse because of a bad board. Won on the third attempt at 150, with boosts, by collecting so much purple that I could keep stunning him. First time a one-time stun was a match-winner. Made it out by the skin of my teeth with 282 health left.

LT took America Chavez to level 287.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    4/4/3 leveled to 150 for the Crash. Got it first try unboosted, despite not firing purple the whole match. Took a Venom Blast and a Surprise! to the chin, but I hoarded red until I could fire off a triple Cherry Bomb for the win with 150 health remaining.

Still holding strong with my mini-hoard (4)

Another first time victory. All that is left is War Machine, Star Lord, Punisher, and the surprisingly skipped FalCap
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Got it after numerous tries with my level 152 0/5/2 Spider-Gwen (so no chance of stuns).  The successful shot was with +2 red/yellow and +2 all stockpile boosts.

I collected enough red for two cherry bombs, and enough for one cast of yellow.  Also let Miles collect enough for his own yellow: using his web tiles to lower the cost of my red.  It wasn't looking good when he went invisible, but I managed to match away the invisibility tile and cast cherry bomb twice.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    *watches enviously from the sidelines with his lvl70 0/1/0 Spider Gwen*
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Pretty easy with my lv 127 5/5/2 Gwen.  Was able to force him early into worthless match 4's which helped set me up for more red matches.  Threw down several web tiles, stunned him, punched him.  He was able to go invisible but luckily you can still see him with a Teenage Kicks to stun him and damage him.  Built up another Cherry Bomb and punched his lights out with roughly 3000 health remaining.

LT gave me Coulson putting him to lv 300 and an LT which gave me purple Kraven cover
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    1/4/4 lv 115 Gwen won on the first try with no boosts.
    Got lucky and matched away two invisibility tiles while saving enough red to fire it three times when the board was all webbed up.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 lvl. 276

Pretty easy one. Wanted purple first so I wouldn't have to deal with him being invis plus stuns helped. Once I got enough red I just 1 shotted him.

A 4/5/4 build would have been slightly better, but not enough to matter.

Token to the hoard.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/3/2 for me.. no luck on two attempts thus far.

On attempt #1 I almost had him. He was down to ~3K health, I had the red to finish him, but the bugger went invisible on me and I couldn't match it away. A couple turns later he got his own red and finished me off.

On attempt #2, not even close. He got a wicked cascade early, hit me with red, then went invisible and the tile was nowhere close to another purple. I just retreated.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    jamesh said:
    Got it after numerous tries with my level 152 0/5/2 Spider-Gwen (so no chance of stuns).  The successful shot was with +2 red/yellow and +2 all stockpile boosts.

I collected enough red for two cherry bombs, and enough for one cast of yellow.  Also let Miles collect enough for his own yellow: using his web tiles to lower the cost of my red.  It wasn't looking good when he went invisible, but I managed to match away the invisibility tile and cast cherry bomb twice.
    Thank you! I'm literally in the same situation with a 0/5/2 Spidergwen, lost my first match, so I took her up to 153 just to have her at 8,000 HP, then I went in with +2 R/Y, +50% R/Y, and +50% B/P.

In spite of my best efforts Miles still got the purple to go invisible but I was able to match it away on my next turn. While I needed yellow too, I didn't prioritize denying Miles yellow because I knew any web tiles he'd create would also help me. He fired his Yellow, I fired mine, then I hit him with a Cherrybomb. He survived but had barely 3,000 HP left. And then he got out a second invisitile. This one landed down in a corner and was proving very difficult for me to get to, and I was matching his web tiles to heal me to try to hold on until I could do something with his invisitile.

Without any purple covers I couldn't even stun him to hit him even once, but he could stun me, and matching his web tiles to keep me alive also, unfortunately, gave him the purple he needed to stun me. Which he did. He then made a match 3 that set up a match 4 for his next turn, took it...and popped his invisitile.

I had all the red AP I needed for a Cherrybomb to finish him off.

Lucky? You bet your **** I was! But a win is a win!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    1/3/2 for me.. no luck on two attempts thus far.

On attempt #1 I almost had him. He was down to ~3K health, I had the red to finish him, but the bugger went invisible on me and I couldn't match it away. A couple turns later he got his own red and finished me off.

On attempt #2, not even close. He got a wicked cascade early, hit me with red, then went invisible and the tile was nowhere close to another purple. I just retreated.
    You can stun him with Gwens purple even when he is invisible. I did it earlier and nuked him with red while he was stunned.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Easy win with 5/5/3 lvl 127 Spider-Gwen

Did have to deal with invisible Miles 4 different times but ended by firing purple (it stuns the invis Miles because the target is random making him visible while stunned) followed by double red for the win.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    This was one of my favorite experiences - tried about 7 times with my lv127 2/2/2 Gwen with no dice. Got pretty close, though!

But wait - had 4 LT tokens to spare. Set her as my BH and guess what, got a BH cover on both the 2nd and the 4th pull and both red covers! Talk about some lucky pulls.

Got my sweet revenge with the new and improved lv150 2/4/2 Gwen. 

Cashed in the token for a MEH champ level.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's weird.  Spider-Gwen has disappeared from the H4H store.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    jamesh said:
    That's weird.  Spider-Gwen has disappeared from the H4H store.
    yes I noticed that before work this morning, and Kate as the next Crash disappeared too
  • Zen
    Zen Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    No problems with my level 166 5/5/3.

Kept miles stunned most of the time. Then when there was enough webbed tiles on the board for me to fire Cherry Bomb twice it was game over.

No boosts used.

LT got me a Vulture taking him to 295. I was praying for a 13th cover for my 5Thor
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    4 tries with my 0/4/2, Lvl 125 Spider-gwen. Use +2 red/yellow AP, + 50% red/yellow dmg and +20% All dmg. Manage to win when Miles fries his yellow, and match his invisibility tiles, then use Gwen's yellow 2 times and her red 3 times to finish him off.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been a few days, but I won on the first try with my 5/5/3 Level 277 Spider-Gwen. I'm a little fuzzy on the details at this point, but we traded some stuns; he went invisible a few times, but the tile was always easily matched away; and I hit him with a full Cherry Bomb, then one more unnecessary one, just to put him out of his misery. Finished with 9153 health. Token to the hoard.