MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2018 Edition *Updated (3/27/18)

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    5* Archangel featured again in heart of darkness? Is it just me, or does his turn come up more often than anyone else's? Not that I mind, he's one of the ones I have.  Just seems odd.
    He's in Latest so yes his does come up more often than ~20 other 5*s, but the same as the other 2 Latest.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    5* Archangel featured again in heart of darkness? Is it just me, or does his turn come up more often than anyone else's? Not that I mind, he's one of the ones I have.  Just seems odd.
    As we just had Thor, it was now between Angel and Rider from latest. So im afraid to say its you.. ;-)
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Now that we have had all 5*s in classics it will be interesting to see if they go through again in the same order or shuffle them up.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hearts of Darkness, temporary end of tapping and Drax covers. Yessss. Now if the next pve could be Webbed Wonder and give fem Thor covers that would be perfect.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Kahmon said:
    Now that we have had all 5*s in classics it will be interesting to see if they go through again in the same order or shuffle them up.
    Damn, have we really? Wouldn't have imagined that we ran through them all this quickly. 

In either case, it will be interesting to see what happens with the end of tapping, at least for this one event. I don't think I've been affected by it personally, but it sounds like it's become rather prevalent. 
  • Chameleon
    Chameleon Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    thisone said:
    Strange things sucks overall.  If I pick 3, 2,1 and screw in the top 10 in eau event than I should be top 10 overall not top 50.  It's a great event but you either need to place people strictly based in the choices they pick so I would only queued for prizes with others that went 3,2,1 or get rid of the ability to pick a path and have everyone in the same page throughout the event.
    Well the main screen tells you your placement. Just because dilution let's you place higher in the subs, does not make you a t10 player.

If the bracket only let you pick, 3,2,1 you would be t50 still as you'd have more competition from the others playing the same bracket.

Kind of silly reasoning to call a great event a sucky one. Just find ways to improve your clears.
    I think @psuwildthing meant that the devs ought to group us based on the door order we choose, not force us to choose a certain order, @thisone.  Sure, it would require more coding effort but I see it as a valid discussion topic.  I was t10 in each sub but ranked 16 overall and couldn't catch up for the life of me.  Well, technically, I guess I could've tapped, but I don't have the time for that.  Glad to see a fix for tapping being tried out.  Too bad it's in HoD, but glad to see the devs are responding to the concerns of the majority of the player base.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Chameleon said:
    thisone said:
    Strange things sucks overall.  If I pick 3, 2,1 and screw in the top 10 in eau event than I should be top 10 overall not top 50.  It's a great event but you either need to place people strictly based in the choices they pick so I would only queued for prizes with others that went 3,2,1 or get rid of the ability to pick a path and have everyone in the same page throughout the event.
    Well the main screen tells you your placement. Just because dilution let's you place higher in the subs, does not make you a t10 player.

If the bracket only let you pick, 3,2,1 you would be t50 still as you'd have more competition from the others playing the same bracket.

Kind of silly reasoning to call a great event a sucky one. Just find ways to improve your clears.
    I think @psuwildthing meant that the devs ought to group us based on the door order we choose, not force us to choose a certain order, @thisone.  Sure, it would require more coding effort but I see it as a valid discussion topic.  I was t10 in each sub but ranked 16 overall and couldn't catch up for the life of me.  Well, technically, I guess I could've tapped, but I don't have the time for that.  Glad to see a fix for tapping being tried out.  Too bad it's in HoD, but glad to see the devs are responding to the concerns of the majority of the player base.
    Event rank is same as always and sub ranks are 3 times better, cause you only have about 333 players to deal with instead of full 1000.

You can try to turn it around, and feel screwed, but that would be unfair.. 
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Chameleon said:
    thisone said:

Yeah, a I said you are both placing t10 from a diluted pool. As someone else pointed out, you are facing maybe one third of the bracket in each sub. So you could have 90 people all placing t10 for all subs. 3 different subs, over 3 different days. Are they all worthy of t10 rewards?

The only placement that matters is the main hub. In your theoretical I choose C then A then B order, more people will play in your bracket to fill it out. With more people comes more competition for top spot.

I mean, I played ultron sub last. And I was the ONLY player that played optimally. Know how often that happens? Never.Also the people that placed just behind me finished thousands behind me. Thousands. That just goes to show how meaningless a t10 finish on these subs can actually be. 

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the 4* essential for the PvE after HoD going to be Drax? I have him on the vine currently. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the 4* essential for the PvE after HoD going to be Drax? I have him on the vine currently. 
    Yes, the placement reward 4* is always the next essential (and a cover will be available in progression).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks bluewolf for the supersonic reply and the previous reply for 3* Hawkeye passive not activating after matching Ultron's special tile.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(3/12/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    And everyone’s still talking about the latest patch. Well, I’ll post here anyway. Yay for Chavez from Webbed Wonder and whatever Progression follows. Punch Everyone forever! Also, more Drax from Thor and Ragnarok Versus. Too bad he’s feeding 5Lord. And that he’s Drax. I would have expected him to be saved for later to be a second Thanos feeder. And surprised that Gambit has no feeder yet. Spidey and Daredevil got theirs fairly quickly. Maybe they are going for a secondary rework after all before making the decision.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welp, time to finally champ Howard. Glad I've been slowly leveling him.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone said:
    Yeah, a I said you are both placing t10 from a diluted pool. As someone else pointed out, you are facing maybe one third of the bracket in each sub. So you could have 90 people all placing t10 for all subs. 3 different subs, over 3 different days. Are they all worthy of t10 rewards?
    I agree with your point in general, but there aren't nine different paths through Strange Sights.  You've got a choice of three doors on the first day, two doors on the second day, and one door on the third.  So that gives six possible paths.

So if they counted each path as an independent leaderboard, there would be 60 people placing top 10 rather than 90.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Danvers and C&D boosted...me likes.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Always happy to see another run of Webbed Wonder :)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ohhh, Webbed Wonder! Maybe I will get a non-Purple Howard cover this time... He is still 3/4/12 or something like that.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I'm 2/4/0 Howard so I welcome purple :)

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Ohhh, Webbed Wonder! Maybe I will get a non-Purple Howard cover this time... He is still 3/4/12 or something like that.
    Same, mines 4/2/5 and that node loves giving purple. But I told myself that putting faith in RnGesus is better than dropping 120 CP on a character like Howard, so it is what it is. Remember when they use to make the event before this a Howard "Release" event? Feel like people would probably be upset about that these days... :p