Finishing last enemy w/ America Chavez's "Ticket to the Multiverse" doesn't end wave [Investigating]

jamesh
jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
I noticed this when playing the first "join forces" mission in Enemy of the State, which is a survival/wave mission.  I was using the fully covered loaner version of America.

I lucked into a few match-fours in the first wave, so I created enough trap tiles to trigger "Ticket to the Multiverse", which took out the last enemy in the wave.  Rather than moving on to the next wave of enemies, I was still on the first wave with zero enemies.

I had to make another match (that didn't damage anyone) before new wave started.

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I had the same thing happen. At least I think thats what happened. One of her passive attacks finished an enemy and I sat there with no enemies. I made a match then the next wave appeared.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, I just finished talking with the technical team, and it appears that they're currently trying to reproduce the described issue on their end. If you could help us locate what might be causing the issue, that would be great. To aid with their investigation for the issue, could you tell us which characters made up the teams for both sides (both yours and your opponents team), along with the events that lead up to triggering the issue specifically?

Additionally, if possible, could you provide us with the names and on what events you had encountered this issue, and provide us with a screenshot of the issue which you've described? (PNG or JPEG only).

Once I've received more information for this issue, I'll relay it to the technical team so they can see what might be happening to cause this issue. My apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.
  • jamesh
    This was the "Something's Wrong" mission right at the start of "Enemy of the State".  So my team was fixed to Doctor Doom, America Chavez, and 2* Wolverine.  I was using the fully covered loaner version of America (so covered 5/3/5).  The enemies were a mix of Hand ninja goons.

I made a number of match-fours in the first wave and triggered the star kick animation of "Ticket to the Multiverse", whose damage took down the final enemy of the wave.  I was then left with zero enemies, and needed to make another match before the second wave appeared.

I didn't take a screenshot, but I remember the enemy counter showed "0" and all enemy characters were downed.  If I'm lucky enough to reproduce it on that match, I'll take a screenshot.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Got a screenshot of it. All the other info essentially the same as Jamesh:

• vernr1
    vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I have had this happen with a team of America, Grocket (4) and Gamora (4).
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Ok, this is what happened,  Chavez generated a critical, which chained into a match 4, creating a 3rd set of trap tiles, which then triggered the damage and AP gen on Ticket to the Multiverse. The damage killed the last guy in the wave and then it just sat on this screen.

I was forced to make a match against a non-existent opponent in order to get to the next wave. Sacrificing my advantage in the next wave of going first. Not the biggest deal in the world, but figured I would post the details of how it was triggered.
  • penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I had this happen to me in a wave mission in Strange Sights with Chavez, Gambit (5), Thor (5).
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    This might have something to do when Ticket to the Multiverse resolves in the order of operation.

I've been using America Chavez against Apocalypse and I've noticed that the enemy turn starts before Ticket to the Multiverse fires, as Apocalypses Rejuvenation passive triggers before Ticket to the Multiverse triggers.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    We have always been at war with order of operations.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I just got this in "Ninjas and Hired Guns" in Enemy of the State day 2.  My team was America, 3* Strange, and 5* Gambit.

• jamesh
    This might have something to do when Ticket to the Multiverse resolves in the order of operation.

I've been using America Chavez against Apocalypse and I've noticed that the enemy turn starts before Ticket to the Multiverse fires, as Apocalypses Rejuvenation passive triggers before Ticket to the Multiverse triggers.
    This seems quite likely.  I've been using America in the Iron Fist versus event.  I matched away the enemy IF's attack tile with a match four, and a new attack tile was created before the star kick.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    This happened to me this morning using America in the final wave battle (Center of Attention) of Plan G.  Freaked me out and I figured I'd have to restart the battle until I realized I could just make another match and continue.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    True.  But it also means that it ends up as the enemy's turn when the next wave arrives, not yours.  Which is hardly the end of the world, but is annoying.
  • penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    mbaren said:
    True.  But it also means that it ends up as the enemy's turn when the next wave arrives, not yours.  Which is hardly the end of the world, but is annoying.
    Not ideal, but you can fire an active power, which will trigger the machinations to move the wave forward, and it will still be your turn.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Apparently this bug is still around, so I'm guessing fixing it is harder than replicating it, because replicating it really isn't that difficult if you're a programmer/developer who can set up a custom board to test for bugs.

Set up a wave match where you're down to your last opponent for the round but still have at least one more wave to beat, where you have three of America's trap tiles in any three colors, a match 5 in a fourth color, and the last AI has enough health that they will survive the match 5 but will not survive the damage from America's Ticket to the Multiverse.

Make the match 5 and if the bug "works" the AI will get KO'd by Ticket to the Multiverse but the next round will not begin.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Still a bug.  Ran into this in the first wave of The Wolves' Den in Orb of Agamotto in SCL 9 of Strange Sightings.  My team was America, OML, and 5-star Strange.  America's crit made a match-4 instead of a match-5, but the end result was the same.  The three of them were sitting around, looking at three dead Mindless ones, wondering what to do next.

Fortunately, OML stepped up and used his Living Legend to end the turn without having to make any moves.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Behemoth a match 5 killed the last goon in wave one, and Phoenix promptly cast her spell in wave two.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone,
    Just to update everybody, the team is aware of the America Chavez issue tied to the Ticket to the Multiverse power in wave missions. Thanks for all of your help reporting this. 
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Hello- 
    Just wanted to say that this issue is still occurring, though I don’t think it had been resolved. It happened on the Gambit required wave mission today. Thank you!