Marvel Insider March Activities and Rewards (3/8/18)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Hi Everyone - 

Just wanted to share really quick that our friends at Marvel Insider just posted some new Marvel Puzzle Quest activities and rewards today.

https://marvel.com/insider

If you plan to participate in the Age of Ultron event and you are a Marvel Insider member, you can earn 30,000 Insider points for registering your player name with them and earning a total of 500,000+ points total in the 3-day event.

There is also a new character reward to spend Insider Points on. 3-Star Thanos can be purchased with 100,000 Insider Points and so can 3-Star Kamala Khan for the same amount of Insider Points at Marvel Insider.

And finally, this one has been listed at Marvel Insider for a couple of months but 8500 Hero Points can be purchased with 300,000 Insider Points.

These offers are for a limited time and are sponsored by Marvel Insider. Please note the timeline on when rewards will be provided (it may take 3 - 4 weeks but hopefully much less) and if there are any issues with redemption, please reach out to Marvel Support at onlinesupport@marvel.com or find out more about Marvel Insider HERE in their FAQ.

Thanks and have a great day!
Tagged:

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    How about adding some real thing (i dont mean new characters) in game instead of promoting the brand through (sometimes aggresive like instragram) marketing?
    I mean when did we get new feature last time? Championing characters was epic addition, SHIELD levels were also good, same with clearance levels for event, but last thing was like year ago. Not mentioning PvP win system, that was somehow tested and, despite of being a good system (not popular mainly thanks to ridiculous requirements), abandoned (permanently?).
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    @veny Based on a recent comment from Brigby I get the impression that something like this is in fact imminent.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Marvel Insider is restricted to American residents, only, yes?    Any chance the rest of the world can get in on these promotions somehow?    Its not like all the Marvel characters are American....
  • Maximus7481
    Maximus7481 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    derrickn said:
    Marvel Insider is restricted to American residents, only, yes?    Any chance the rest of the world can get in on these promotions somehow?    Its not like all the Marvel characters are American....
    True. Does it ask for your address? Maybe worth checking.
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    derrickn said:
    The american residents part only really applies to physical prizes i.e. like many website competitions they won't post outside of the US. For digital rewards location isn't an issue.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny said:
    How about adding some real thing (i dont mean new characters) in game instead of promoting the brand through (sometimes aggresive like instragram) marketing?
    I mean when did we get new feature last time? Championing characters was epic addition, SHIELD levels were also good, same with clearance levels for event, but last thing was like year ago. Not mentioning PvP win system, that was somehow tested and, despite of being a good system (not popular mainly thanks to ridiculous requirements), abandoned (permanently?).

We did get hazard tiles and Fight for Wakanda...
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I think this Marvel Insider marketing is interesting. Previously, I've been ignoring this because of not much perceived benefits that are interesting to me. Do you have to pay any fee to become a Marvel Insider member? 300,000 Marvel points for 8500HP could be game changing for early players. That's an additional of 8 - 12 roster slots for me. I've started the boss event, so I guess I'm late for the party? 

Edit: oops... It's opened to U.S residents only. I guess it's not for me.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Marvel Insider program is free, fyi. It takes a lot of clicking to get to 350,000 points....still working on it.
  • ThatOneKnight
    ThatOneKnight Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    bluewolf said:
    The Marvel Insider program is free, fyi. It takes a lot of clicking to get to 350,000 points....still working on it.
    Took me 3 months of playing Marvel Contest Of Champions to get to 426,000, but as I play on Steam I don't even know for sure if I can get those 8,500 hero coins. Been sending out emails and things to find out for sure before I risk wasting my points, but I haven't heard back yet, and I have some 3* and 4* covers about to expire that I would like to keep.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Took me 3 months of playing Marvel Contest Of Champions to get to 426,000, but as I play on Steam I don't even know for sure if I can get those 8,500 hero coins. Been sending out emails and things to find out for sure before I risk wasting my points, but I haven't heard back yet, and I have some 3* and 4* covers about to expire that I would like to keep.

Contest of champions gives 3 times the rewards, probably twice as frequently too. And their rewards seem more worthwhile as well.
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby

It does not appear that rewards have been given out for this yet. It is showing up as +0 points in my recent history. Do you know how long these take normally?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Nabistay Hmm..I'm not 100% certain, as I don't usually handle the Marvel Insider content. If your account doesn't show an increase in points yet, then I'd recommend sending a support ticket to the Marvel Insider team.