I am back and slightly overwhelmed

Options
Jezzail
Jezzail Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
Hello everyone,

I have been playing MPQ back in 2014/2015 and now got hooked on it again, after eyeing it jealously for the past year and finally succumbing to downloading it again.

As there are a bunch of guides how to progress with the current settings, I am a bit of a loss what to do now to get back "into it", as I have slightly different conditions.

- I sold all my 1* back in the day, do I still need them? Champing, Deadpool Daily?
- Roster: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Jezzail/
  With now 4* and 5* in ample supply, I feel extremely underpowered and am not really sure what to do

- Hog the PvE and maximize ISO/HP?
- PvP with low goals?

What is the next sensible thing to aim for?
- Champing more 2*?

Some advice and insight would be much appreciated.

I am also willing to spend a bit, so not particularly scarted by drastic suggestions ( if it is not buying ISO .... xD)

So, hope this can get some suggestions started.

Thanks in advance.

Jezzail

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Getting one onestar character rostered is enough for DDQ purposes. Outside of that one node, you will not use it, but getting the DDQ rewards is enough of an excuse to keep it around.

Other than that... it looks like you are starting the threestar transition. You will want all twostar characters champed eventually, but as long as you are relying on them in Daily play you probably don't want to farm them anyway.

Roster spots will be tight for a long time for you, you should not use your HP for anything else. Get what rewards you can in PvP but don't shield. PvE will probably be your main source of Resources for a long time going forward.

Don't open any Legendary tokens at this Point in the game. You need a solid threestar roster Before you can even start to look at four- or fivestars. If roster spots are tight you may want to consider Selling off a single cover fourstar to save a threestar, the threestar covers come around much more regularly thanks to the DDQ.

Also, be careful with your ISO, the high levels are expensive. Level up characters only when you need to, there is a big ISO Crunch coming.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would suggest bonus heroing IM40 and getting him champed ASAP as an exception to the above in terms of an iso spend as his red is also one of the strongest powers in 3* land - as you already have 3 champed 3* this shouldn't affect your MMR too much.  Unfortunately 2* Hawkeye is no longer his champion path but 3* bonus heroes can be obtained pretty readily from elite and heroic tokens (and are guaranteed for any 3* pulled from standards). Your champed 2* Thor will also cough up your missing yellow cover for 3* Thor and he and IM40 make a decent basis for some PvP until your roster builds further.

Once you have IM40 finished then bonus hero Dr. Strange and that will set you up for PvE where Strange is the ultimate goon killer. His blue also works nicely with IM40 and is an excellent stun + power.

Obtaining/champing the above 2 characters will majorly benefit your overall gameplay.

Otherwise, yes, building/finishing off the 2* level .
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
       Take a look here it's got a whole wealth of information that's usually very helpful https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63041/guides-tips-and-free-gifts-compendium#latest .  I would put priority on reading the Character Guides especially Polarity's guide on going from 1* to 3* and Dauthi's 3* guide.  Even though these guides are a bit outdated they are at least still very relevant, even today.  I would prioritize the top tier 3* characters as your bonus heroes and primarily focus on PVE.  If you want to dabble in PVP and play in a few matches it won't hurt and you may get a few tokens just from winning a few matches, which will always be helpful.  My favorite teams in 3* land were: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Scarlett Witch; also Iron Man 40, Dr. Strange and either R&G, Kamala Khan, or Wolverine(Patch).

I would agree with everyone above, champ all your 2*s first, then start working on trying to champ the top tier 3*s; over mid or lower tier 3*s.  Some people like to start using their 4*s right away but in my opinion they're not going to be that useful until you get several covers (right now Wolverine X-force has enough covers to be useful but from what I've heard he's not a top tier 4*, unfortunately).  I personally would say keep champing 3*s until you get most or all them champed and then start making your way into 4* land, you'll get more in game resources if you have all 3*s rostered and champed and it makes PVE and DDQ levels much easier to do when all your 3*s are champed. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With regard to 3* - having looked at your roster again you might also want to have a look at the Champion paths from 2* to help decide who to prioritise. Pretty much all of the best 3* characters don't have 2* feeders unfortunately but there are some good ones to look out for and some that you have on your roster already to benefit from such as:

Wolverine -> Patch
    Thor -> 3* Thor
    Cap -> 3* Cap

Also Magneto -> 3* Magneto is worth a roster slot when the time comes.

• Jezzail
    Jezzail Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hey everyone,

thanks for the tips! I really appreciate the info.

Laid out a plan for what I want to do next and also began champing the 2* plus opening up a bit of space for additional ones.

Doc Strange, IM40 and Magneto are on my watchlist and I look forward to press on.

thanks again!