Tribal Deck Slots

Options
ElfNeedsFood
ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
So in looking at Huatli and Vraska and thinking "It's too bad Hautli can't have green dinosaurs" and "it's too bad that Vraska can't have any red (or blue) pirates", and have an idea: Tribal deck slots.

In the tribal deck slot, three slots are creature slots that require a particular creature type, but can be from any color.  

As a variant of this, Race to Orazca could be tribal as well, with the event deck slot requiring the creatures.  Perhaps start the decks with some basic creatures to ensure that people aren't locked out due to having 0 eligible cards?

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually... If you are wanting to encourage people to buy cards this is the start of an excellent idea...

We can already "see all cards", we can already ban sets...

So when making event decks (and only event decks) for things like this, give people access to all their greyed out commons and uncommons of the required creatures so that, if they like them, they can go buy stuff later. 

I don't mind Vraska being limited to black pirates, I'm doing fine with that, red and blue would be nice but I don't need it. (And I'm _slightly_ concerned about her using some of the rare red or blue ones. Though the common/uncommons wouldn't hurt.)

Huatli though... Without the green enrage dinos she sucks so much. Letting her have green dinos wouldn't hurt anything and a passive effect on a planeswalker would be cool.

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember, Rivals of Ixalan has a Green White Huatli.  So you can get one half of the dinos, or the other, but not both (sadly)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually... To narrow things down further... Huatli possbly shouldn't have all green dinos, Verdant especially might skew things too much.
    She's meant to work with enrage, so instead possibly have "Can use any colour creatures with Enrage"
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Actually... To narrow things down further... Huatli possbly shouldn't have all green dinos, Verdant especially might skew things too much.
    She's meant to work with enrage, so instead possibly have "Can use any colour creatures with Enrage"
    Hutali doesn't need all the green dinos, I agree, but I will also agree that she should at least have access to Thundering Spineback. Her Sun-Blessed mount doesn't reinforce unless you have a token dino enter play, and currently she can only have that happen by a Raptor Hatchling taking damage, or playing a Regisaur Alpha.
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sounds like a cool idea, lets try it!