The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Guys, it's really annoying that you can't even stick to this one topic here. It's about letting out steam, and I know you all can be harsh, greedy, unforgiving, unfair and totally restricted to your point of view, and this is particulary not the place to be fair and nice. Tini this kitty!

I'm annoyed by the simple fact, that I can't just enjoy this game. I love the background, the community is.. Let's say enthusiastic, with all positive and negative consequences, but the game.. It feels like a never-ending story of repeating the same mistakes over and over and over and over. Yeah, nice CS gives its compensation from time to time, but I don't want compensation, I want a working game.

Where is the monthly Q&A? The month is over!
     The last Q&A? 30 pages for a blog? Maybe in font size 45 and 12 points between the lines! (yeah, I liked the content, too).
    And I'm annoyed by certain developments on this board that undermine flows of discussions without going into detail (and before anyone misunderstands this, this is not a critic on a specific person, neither on the board rules)

And hell, I've got some new IXL toys, I don't care whether you like them or not, but I just can't find a place to play with them!
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Mana. Where is the mana? I want more balanced mana, not these wild swings that vastly benefits one player compared to the other. Sometimes I get it, sometimes the ai gets it. It's annoying and I've quit matches even when having 40-50 health left because it's clear that I'm not going to get the mana I need.
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I believe every set needs a show case event like Avacyns Madness. Show us what the new cards can do to build excitement for it. It’s hard for me to get excited about cards that I think aren’t good. Prove me wrong. Make an event with a boss and showcase these new cards. Otherwise the spiral will continue downward for me.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Can we fix some freaking card bugs please?!?!! I've reported a few myself and the list is enormous and the only thing that even got acknowledged was the paid exclusive. 
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Apart from all the event problems and ixalan itself....I've opened tinykittying 4 premium packs, around 20 ixa boosters, not one mythic. Screw it my frustration towards this game is rising day by day
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Apart from all the event problems and ixalan itself....I've opened tinykittying 4 premium packs, around 20 ixa boosters, not one mythic. Screw it my frustration towards this game is rising day by day

I feel you. Took me 11 premium packs for my first mythic. Now up to 3 mythics in 17 overall, which is a better rate. Unfortunately, they're not good ones.  Still, hope your luck turns around soon. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I'm having more fun with the occasional tinykitty Ixalan packs.  I'm like "Oh look, another useless card I'll never use...but hey at least it's new!!"

I'd imagine wading through a sea of useless dupes would be even more aggravating.  At least when I pulled good dupes from other sets, a small part of me remembered how much fun I had with the cards.
  • FindingHeart8
    I say all this, then immediately after open a tinykitty Ixalan pack that contained 5 commons...I didn't even know that was possible :o
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    I say all this, then immediately after open a tinykitty Ixalan pack that contained 5 commons...I didn't even know that was possible :o
    I'm sure @volrak would like to hear about this! Never heard of that!
  • Coilbox
    Coilbox Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I thought when you opened 4 commons in a row, the last one was always uncommon...? maybe that was too much and got nerfed... :D
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    It didn’t used to be possible.  This is a new “feature” for Ixalan.
  • FindingHeart8
    It didn’t used to be possible.  This is a new “feature” for Ixalan.
    that's just not right :(
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would suggest a bug report on this 
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    I’m having a hard time finding synergy in standard. I’m enjoying the new vampire cards in legacy though!
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    I'm sure @volrak would like to hear about this! Never heard of that!
    5-common packs have been seen a few times since 2.4  No more sympathy uncommon!

A possible reason for the change is it made it harder to calculate their drop rates for publishing.  It never really did too much anyway, so I don't expect tinykitty bag to suffer too many punches from this one. ;)
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I am angry and annoyed about the fact that playing a lot and even investing money in some 'bundles' to get 400 purple gems together can still reward you with a duplicate mythic. It's not like anyone is even likely to have a lot of mythics. But still, even with the relatively large pull of possible new cards, the game still decided to give me 750 orbs instead of a new mythic. So 400 purples = 750 orbs. I don't know in which kind of bizarre universe this could be perceived as a good bargain, but where I'm sitting this looks like yet another aspect in which investment by the player (both time and money) and return by the game don't match at all. The expense is phenomenal and the return is almost nothing.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am angry and annoyed about the fact that playing a lot and even investing money in some 'bundles' to get 400 purple gems together can still reward you with a duplicate mythic. It's not like anyone is even likely to have a lot of mythics. But still, even with the relatively large pull of possible new cards, the game still decided to give me 750 orbs instead of a new mythic. So 400 purples = 750 orbs. I don't know in which kind of bizarre universe this could be perceived as a good bargain, but where I'm sitting this looks like yet another aspect in which investment by the player (both time and money) and return by the game don't match at all. The expense is phenomenal and the return is almost nothing.

Agreed. I have a theory though...

The coding and thought to do "no dupes" was actually too complicated to do fast and on time with everything else they are doing...
    This is a quick hack and (I hope) they are working on the REAL fix behind the scenes still.

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the grammar mistakes on Ixalan cards are super annoying. I understand that there might be some Portuguese/English translation issues but get a native English speaker to proofread them. It can't be that hard to do. 

It's always been a translated game, it's just now that English is one of the translations... Maybe when releasing previews release those in (the presumably grammatically correct Portugese) while still fixing the English translations (and the other translations too). People will complain about getting Portugese but less about the grammar!

(Grammar matters in this since it affects our understanding of how things function. Common templates for things help this a lot.)
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm annoyed that despite having a new developer we have the same exact awful objectives, nothing that looks or feels new, a terribly boring set that's not competitive, and perhaps the worst event since the original  emrakul's corruption (maybe ever)
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    I am angry and annoyed about the fact that playing a lot and even investilng money in some 'bundles' to get 400 purple gems together can still reward you with a duplicate mythic. It's not like anyone is even likely to have a lot of mythics. But still, even with the relatively large pull of possible new cards, the game still decided to give me 750 orbs instead of a new mythic. So 400 purples = 750 orbs. I don't know in which kind of bizarre universe this could be perceived as a good bargain, but where I'm sitting this looks like yet another aspect in which investment by the player (both time and money) and return by the game don't match at all. The expense is phenomenal and the return is almost nothing.
    Was just about to write the same thing about the Elite Packs.
    I just got up to 400 again after buying two packs when Ixalan released.
    And yes, another dupe.
    I have now pulled three copies of Lannery Storm in the new, less duperidden elite pack from Valuetown. Utter **** and nothing but a sham. 

The rates of rare+ cards in general is awful also. 6 PP from Ixalan has yielded in only the 6 guaranteed rares where two were dupes, but I have a full set of commons and uncommons.