The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    ONCE... JUST ONCE.... could we get some tokens that stack????

Dirty Jace is not a win. 
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    ....the droprates om EMK boosters say you have a 1% chance of getting a rare, and around 35% of getting a mythic....

Got a rare dupe, no mythic -_- of course....
  • Kyphonis
    Kyphonis Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    We have similar patterns of luck it seems Thuran. Same thing happened to me. What is worse though, is when I realize what I put into the Premium Packs for XLN with very poor results, and then realize the random single packs have actually given me just as many mythics. I think I’m at about 14-15 PP, and got 4 mythics, one of which was a dupe, and have gotten 4 non dupes from the 20 odd single packs. I’m starting to feel there is no reason to actually drop the currency in the game anymore once you’ve got the common/uncommon cycles basically done.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Thuran said:
    ....the droprates om EMK boosters say you have a 1% chance of getting a rare, and around 35% of getting a mythic....

The published rates for EMN packs don't account for the guaranteed rare.  So it's not clear how they're meant to be interpreted.
  • Kyphonis

.Volrak said:

Thuran said:

The published rates for EMN packs don't account for the guaranteed rare.  So it's not clear how they're meant to be interpreted.
    The first EMN pack I ever opened from this event was all uncommons. This is the first rare I’ve opened actually. I didn’t know there was supposed to be a guaranteed rare.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Kyphonis said:
    The first EMN pack I ever opened from this event was all uncommons. This is the first rare I’ve opened actually. I didn’t know there was supposed to be a guaranteed rare.
    Interesting - haven't seen that before! The 29 EMN packs recorded in the drop rates spreadsheet have all had a rare.  (But maybe many of the older ones were guaranteed as a bonus pack together with SOI BB purchase.)  If it's not guaranteed then who knows what's going on with the published EMN drop rates.
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    @Laeuftbeidir yep it was the EMN booster.
    Gisela is the best white creature in the game, that was one I got when it first came out and has been a staple in all my white decks since. 
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    I decided to open a 400-crystal elite pack. I did not get a dupe! I did, however, get Spell Swindle. I admit, the spell does make me feel kinda swindled...
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Well after around 25 ixa boosters and 5 premiums still no new set mythic. I however have decided to only open free boosters, as from my latest I have gotten HoD. I feel like the game makes fun of me and mindhumps me like I'm it's boytoy. Most of the times I'm just his little plaything, however then he pleases also me (not only itself) by showing me that 0.10 per cent is much more likely then 27 per cent. My brain is no more
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sinitar said:
    There needs to be a masterpiece cap in decks cause when loyal retainers Black Vice and Sword of War and Peace all come out and they keep throwing vindicate at me for good measure you just kinda pick up your ball and go home
    oh dang that's viscous.

I've heard a few players claim in the past they've spent over $10,000 on this game.  If any of those claims were true, you might have just faced one of them (or a player that was really active in abusing the old masterpiece elite pack draws).

I beg to differ. I have 9 MPs. I've spent around 200 on this game in almost 2 years of playing. Never abused the re-rolls (except the one time I legit got two Swarm Intelligence dupes in a row, forget that). I just played every TOTP and got some lucky draws.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
    I don't know what you're differing on.  While it's great you've had (what I would identify as) a very lucky streak, mixed with time committed to this game...I've heard players claim to have spent that much money on this game, and I've also heard players claim to abuse the old masterpiece system.  Unless you're saying all those players were lying, it's entirely possible that's what Sinitar faced.

I'm differing on the opinion that it's likely that you faced a whale or a Cheater just because they had a bunch of masterpieces in their deck. I'm more likely to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

I also wouldn't call mine a lucky streak, just an inordinate time commitment. 
    I said "might," merely mentioning the possibility.  I'm not going to debate opinions with you, there are better things to rant about here, lol.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    MTG_Mage said:
    I'll lighten the mood here.
    I just opened a 5 card booster that had two mythics and a rare! aaand there was only 4 mythics in that set I didn't have yet both were new! (rare was a dupe) plus one of the mythics is one of the best creatures in the game, Ulrich, and I have wanted it since that set came out.
    That more than makes up for the previous pack that I just opened which had two of the exact same dupe card in it, and that always really bothers me.
    So ya, that just happened :)
    I made about one of the most open-ended threads in recent history and you STILL managed to go off topic by being an optimist...shame on you ;)
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    It's been more than 12 hours since J3's release and no one made a "I hate J3 because... " thread today.  That's like getting the Sunday paper and finding out that they left out the Sunday comics section.
    Heartbroken, I really am.  :p
  • Kyphonis
    @Gunmix25 clearly that means almost nobody bought it, and we already have had bken1234 get annoyed the tokens don’t stack on J3, aka Dirty Jace. The comics are just buried in the news this time!
  • Kyphonis
    Or...he is blue and just does blue things. Hard to suck with that and good mana.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    It's been more than 12 hours since J3's release and no one made a "I hate J3 because... " thread today.  That's like getting the Sunday paper and finding out that they left out the Sunday comics section.
    I posted why I hate him on his official thread (and here). Does this count? 
  • Gunmix25
    edited March 2018
    bken1234 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    I posted why I hate him on his official thread (and here). Does this count? 
    Why yes, yes it does.  Haha.  

Where is his official thread? I can't find it 

Is it because loyalty 2 and 3 don't stack together or that loyalty 2 and 3 fight stack upon themselves?
    Kyphonis said:
    @Gunmix25 clearly that means almost nobody bought it, and we already have had bken1234 get annoyed the tokens don’t stack on J3, aka Dirty Jace. The comics are just buried in the news this time!
    To be fair,  almost no one ever buys mono colored PWs when they come out. 29.99 clams is pricey. I didn't when Nissa2 or Lill3 came out. Dual or triple colored PW is a different story, but I chose to wait for Vraska and I ain't paying for Huatli the horrible with crystals... that one is going to just have to grace the PW purchase box in app every so often. 
  • Gunmix25
    Kyphonis said:
    Or...he is blue and just does blue things. Hard to suck with that and good mana.
    If the tokens stacked... this would be so true
  • Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    AM event, just  played as Bolas.  Not one color match for me.  Dead turn six.  Really Greg?  Greg gets more matches than a dating website.  [redacted]  More cascades then Niagara.  Devs you may want to do something or bring your resumes up to date.

[MOD NOTE] Removed inappropriate content bk [//MOD NOTE]
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    16 Mana for what *might* be a vanilla 13/13 under best the best circumstances if you do nothing else that turn? Yeah hold on while I get my credit card.

The paper card does not use an ETB for the +x/+x, it's a static effect on the creature. With a creature limit of three and a hand limit of six... Yeah, underwhelmed.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    bken1234 said:
    ONCE... JUST ONCE.... could we get some tokens that stack????

Dirty Jace is not a win. 
    Hualti’s Dinos stack...  With the green dino tokens. Lol.