Nico Monoru Yellow Power Title

How many different titles does Nico's yellow have. I think I've seen 5 different ones so far

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her blue is like that, too. In the comics, the Staff of One is named, in part, because it can only ever cast a given spell once. But it can, however, keep casting spells with essentially the same effect as long as they have a different name.

Not sure if that's going to be a thing in the TV show, since the Staff's origin there is supposedly technological, not magical.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her blue is like that, too. In the comics, the Staff of One is named, in part, because it can only ever cast a given spell once. But it can, however, keep casting spells with essentially the same effect as long as they have a different name.

Not sure if that's going to be a thing in the TV show, since the Staff's origin there is supposedly technological, not magical.
    I would guess not, for "lazy writer" reasons.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Jarvind said:

I would guess not, for "lazy writer" reasons.
    They really haven't got that far in the story with the show, basically just an origin story arc, so they might go into more depth if they know they have more time guaranteed, but I do kind of doubt it, for much the reason you mention.

[spoiler]As I understood it, it was called the Staff of One in the show because Tina Minoru built it to only work for herself. But it's gene-coded, and apparently Nico's genetic profile is close enough to unlock it. So, probably not going to be any other reason for it.[/spoiler]