Updates to Fight for Wakanda (2/21/18)

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    The exploding tiles are still annoying and can easily kill eg. Storm on a bad board.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I was hoping that the update would remove the Dark Avengers for something more modern but alas. Nice updates though.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    So what hazard tiles are on the new day?  Recycling one of the 3 or adding a new one?

Oh and has the points for the 5* essential been fixed?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    The exploding tiles are still annoying and can easily kill eg. Storm on a bad board.
    I lost a nearly full health G4mora to the cascade from one. Taking 14K damage while the enemy takes 1K and gets a boatload of AP was not fun.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I champed Quake after last event finally getting her value, and the event changed!   Stratagy number 2 was buff protect tiles as fast as I can.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all the boosted 4s this week champed. But it’s kind of a trash list aside from Peggy. Wondering if Peggy/IM40 or Grocket/Nico will provide faster clears in CL8.  Hmmm....
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I just started this game, played one round of the 5* node, and its my last.    As many as three exploding tech hazards in any one drop?    C'mon!     I'll be back when the computer side has to buy health packs too.    sayonara!
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    oh!   lol.    There are hazard tiles for every node.    Stupid me!    Well, of course there are!     That's all right - I could use a few days off from this time sucker, anyway.
  • SocAccPsyc
    SocAccPsyc Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Making the garbage tiles less annoying doesn't actually make them good.  The exploding tiles still are not neutral in the sense that they explode on the enemy turn and any secondary damage from board chaos is only done to the player as well as only feeding the enemy AP pool.  If you had actually listened to the outcry, these would be gone.  Be willing to ditch your bad ideas, not just tweak them to be less annoying.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The "royal guard" hazard tiles are going to be interesting with Nico as a required character.  She'll likely buff the protect tiles prior to them being flipped to the enemy team.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, still not a fan of this event at all. These tiles are still naff. It also seems like they drop down even more often now and with them feeding the AI ap and cascades they are still heavily in the computers favour. Drop them, they are still a bad idea. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all the boosted 4s this week champed. But it’s kind of a trash list aside from Peggy. Wondering if Peggy/IM40 or Grocket/Nico will provide faster clears in CL8.  Hmmm....
    I tried Peggy and IM40, but just found the exploding tiles conveniently wiping away IM's countdown tiles. Had to abandon that plan. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    As with Carol/Wasp/Coulson. No fun at all.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor

cool new event.
    would love to enjoy it, but its annoying as tinykitty, i feel like playing the big enchilada with sentries only, all day long.
    i just winfinite this excuse of a new event, nothing to see here

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm using 3* Carol and 3* Hulk. I'm having fun. I'm also using 3* Hawkeye. I love seeing my ap fill up so quickly. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Royal Shield is still too heavily-weighted to the enemy team to be neutral.  Sure, it gives you a few turns of protection, but then it flips all of those tiles to the enemy permanently, which is ridiculous, especially when the essential team includes Nico and no character with ability to counter protect tiles (and the fact that we're given 3*  and not 4* Elektra only amplifies the trolling).
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was one of the harder Essentials just to start the freakin' next round.  Nico, 3* Elektra and 2* Storm?  Did anyone even think about this?  If 2* Storm is your firepower, you're in big trouble.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was one of the harder Essentials just to start the freakin' next round.  Nico, 3* Elektra and 2* Storm?  Did anyone even think about this?  If 2* Storm is your firepower, you're in big trouble.
    While it sounds hard on paper I didn't have too much trouble with it.  If Nico wasn't champed probably would have been a lot harder.  Let Nico get hit to unlock her full power then start putting down some special tiles and it get's super easy.  I brought loaner storm, she wasn't my power house and it was pretty easy still.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    For the exploding tiles I used 4* Sam Wilson to spam protect tiles and buff them as well as players who could heal (4*deadpool) 5* hulk, for royal shield there is a wide variety of ways to beat it. 3* cap marvel is buffed set her red to 5. 3* star lord is buffed, set him to 3/5/5 and pair with grocket.  If fast enough use hobo fist or wasp to turn the shields into strikes. Most of these matches have darken and an Ultron goon the make special tiles like crazy - use madusa to turn that into AP
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    While it sounds hard on paper I didn't have too much trouble with it.  If Nico wasn't champed probably would have been a lot harder.  Let Nico get hit to unlock her full power then start putting down some special tiles and it get's super easy.  I brought loaner storm, she wasn't my power house and it was pretty easy still.
    I think the key is champed Nico....I’m still leveling mine and it’s slow as molasses to finish this node.