4* everything dump: Venom vs Carnage

After dumping 6000ish iso into my 3/5/3 lv 99 Venom to get him to lv 113, and using all kinds of damage boosts, I was still getting slaughtered.  SO I poured another 10k iso to get him up to lv 130, still lost.  Finally on my 5th try with +2 ap r/y, b/g, all I was able to Fury him twice and then get him down to 152 health with a second lethal protector.  I escaped with 232 health.  Good thing is it will probably be about another year before I have to deal with his trash event again.  

LT gives me Peggy Carter bringing her to lv 279, so that's cool

Comments

• thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/2/2 lvl 188. Knew I was going to need help, so started off with max AP boosts. Three tries and it just wasn't getting things done, very difficult to keep him out of both red and green and try to mitigate the attack tiles. Was getting downed while he had 3-5k health. Swapped over to an all AP/ All damage and BG damage boost for the 4th try and got skunked due bad board. 2nd try with the combo boosts, Carnage for some reason prioritized black over red for the first time in all of my attempts, and I landed a couple match-5s for enough assistance to prevail.

LT was 1k ISO in the from of a Purple MeHulk 3/6/1. I think I will start a hoard next crash until Vulture rotates out.

I did land a 10 Health pack from the vault to offset what I used in the Crash.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    5/3/5 L182 first try no boosts.  Wasn't too bad.  Beat it last cycle with the same build (maybe even a few fewer covers).  Just went for my two moves and hit em when I got them.  Only had 1k or less HP but won on first try.

+1 to the hoard
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Leveled my 3/3/5 Venom to 120. Used +50% yellow/red damage, +50% black/green damage, +100% all damage as suggested by 626Aussie on Reddit. Took him down in one try with those boosts after firing one green and one yellow.

LT got me another Mockingbird champ level.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Brock Venom was 2/4/5 Level 115. I happen to have a bit of an HP stash right now, so I bought the Heroes for Hire deal to make him 3/4/5.

As is my custom, I did the first try with no boosts, just to get an idea of if I would need to level him and how high. I actually managed to get Carnage to about half his health without ever firing my yellow power, so I decided to leave him at 115 but boost up. 

I went into the next fight with +2 R/Y, +2 All AP, and +100 percent match damage. I had a pretty decent board and fired yellow twice (at least once at max damage) and green once. 

Carnage went down for the count and I was left standing with 1184 health. I don't think he even fired a power. LT to the hoard for right before Thor leaves. 

On a side note, this will mean that this is the first Crash cycle where I've gotten the LT for each Crash. All the rest of the characters from now until Hulkbuster are champed for me, or will be very soon. Next cycle, I want to win each one with no boosts, preferably first time. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5 lv. 277

Had a good start with 2 match 5s just waiting for me, but was a bit of a struggle for the right colors after that. I did manages to fire Lethal protector for a good chunk of his HPs and then finally got off Symbiotic Fury the turn before he would have finished me with Symbiote Scythes.

Token to the hoard.
  • USTA
    USTA Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    4/0/3 lvl168

No chance. Best try was with all ap boosts amd he was down to 2k health. 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Got it after about 15 attempts with my 3/4/1 Venom - I had both a yellow and green cover in my taco vault, and was lucky enough to get the green one

I had a few close runs prior - one where Carnage was down to 750-ish health was the closest, and some absolute blow-outs

Token rewarded my extra efforts, as it was a Gho5t Rider Black
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    USTA said:
    4/0/3 lvl168

I have the same venom covers as you I beat him with luck. Finished with 234 hp
  • USTA
    USTA Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2018
    USTA said:
    4/0/3 lvl168

I have the same venom covers as you I beat hiqm with luck. Finished with 234 hp

Thanks for the heads up. Just tried it one more time with +2allAP, +2b/g, +50%b/g. Started off with black match 5. Fired green 3 times and yellow once. Won with 1287 hp left! 
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    This was the match up I was scared of because it could end my streak.

5/2/0 lvl 168. Got a really generous board with barely any reds. Kept matching greens and was able to fire fury twice with lucky cascades and I got him in one try.

Token to the hoard.