Civil War Boss Event is Back! (2/13/18)

12346»

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Frigging side nodes -- you're being murdered for peanuts!  They need to scale the difficulty down or give us more than what they're throwing at us for side rewards.
    Would that also mean 50 iso for first rounds? ;-)

But i agree, points and rewardwise, the nodes and bosses are really disproportional at the end.

i kinda like the fact, that it really becomes a challenge at end. And as next pve has started today, its effectively a 3d event and last 2 refreshes could be considered pure bonus.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    through whatever quirk of scaling I've so far found them hard, but doable. Even when forced to drag someone like Ares along, the strength of a boosted 4*Carol or even Gwenpool has been enough. There are bits that need fixing, but there are also elements that they need to bring along for other alliance events to make them worthwhile.
    This exactly-- I don't have any champed 5s or highly leveled 4s but I do have enough 4s champed that I had a lot to work with for this event and I'm at that sweet spot where the scaling made it a definite challenge, but a manageable one that I enjoyed as it forced me to dig through my roster to find stuff that worked.  I probably used 3/4 of my champed 4s during this event. It was great.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I really enjoyed this event, so more like this!

I see complaints about the side node scaling, but I managed it just fine.  I have a few champed 5’s, so my scaling was up there, but champed/boosted Carol tore through everything.  Wave nodes with 2*/3* essential should be scaled back, but still they were still beatable.

I also saw complaints about rewards.  Yes the ISO was lower than a normal PVE, but I also got 8 4*’s and 4 LT’s.  I didn’t count how many CP I got from the boss nodes, but I’d guess it was 15-20.  I’ll take those rewards any day.

If one thing should be fixed about boss events, it’s the 4-hour session at the end.  It doesn’t affect me much, but that’s a pain for UK or many others that have a schedule conflict.

• Smart80
    Perhaps also combine both vaults, or make them 40 instead of 80 items?
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Just got 2000 iso and 100 hp pop up rewards. Said “Thanks for playing Civil War”
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Just got 2000 iso and 100 hp pop up rewards. Said “Thanks for playing Civil War”
    Free stuff really means "Sorry, we messed up". Probably because the Boss would not reset after round completion or the fact that the missions were astronomically scaled up every 8hrs, which made the side missions harder than the actual Boss.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Shintok17 said:
    Free stuff really means "Sorry, we messed up". Probably because the Boss would not reset after round completion or the fact that the missions were astronomically scaled up every 8hrs, which made the side missions harder than the actual Boss.
    I'm not convinced either of those would be considered a mistake. The boss did reset after round completion, it just didn't do it the second time you were getting a boss to that level. And the difficult nodes are pretty standard for boss events.

Maybe it was a tiny effort to address the complaints about them failing to improve the awards for alliance events for years, and how little ISO they offer. Either way, free stuff is always appreciated :).
  • Smart80
    Richyyy said:
    Shintok17 said:
    I'm not convinced either of those would be considered a mistake. The boss did reset after round completion, it just didn't do it the second time you were getting a boss to that level. And the difficult nodes are pretty standard for boss events.

Maybe it was a tiny effort to address the complaints about them failing to improve the awards for alliance events for years, and how little ISO they offer. Either way, free stuff is always appreciated :).
    I like to think this is the reason and theyll adjust for next boss event. 
    And indeed, free iso always welcome!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs on Discord were asking about the Cap boss not unlocking properly while the event was running. That suggests that they saw that as a problem.... I assume we will get some notice today about why the freebies were given out.  But they increased the rewards overall - 4* cover in personal progression - so I doubt that this pop up reward is meant to address the longstanding complaints about boss events meaning an iso income drop.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. The Iso-8 and Hero Points accredited were gifts given out to the players that encountered node issues during the event.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weregild.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. The Iso-8 and Hero Points accredited were gifts given out to the players that encountered node issues during the event.

Thanks for those.