• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nobody likes Chad either. Same reason.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why the ai is called Greg

Calling the AI "Greg" was the invention of long-time forum legend Shteev. From Goblinpile to you!
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been playing the game and watching these forums for over a year, now, and I'm pretty sure every 6-7 months this same question gets asked. :smile:

I also believe that there are a lot of people, veterans for sure, that use tinykitty to their own amusement because it's nicer than saying a curse word (this game IS supposed to be all about fun, anyway, isn't it? :wink:  ).

Personally, I love it and think that since they've made "Greg" smart enough to catch 5'ers more often than not and get 3-4 cascades "luckily" as a result, he's a right "tinykitty" and it does my heart good to say so.

And I hope, @HelloKitty, that you enjoy the game long enough to join us in our appreciation. 
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not gonna lie, when I first stumbled into the forums, I thought tinykitty was referring to Sacred Cat. I was confused-- like uh, 'why so much obsession and anger with this card? It's OK, I guess.'
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not gonna lie, when I first stumbled into the forums, I thought tinykitty was referring to Sacred Cat. I was confused-- like uh, 'why so much obsession and anger with this card? It's OK, I guess.'

In HP, some of us do use "tinykitty", but to refer to Adorned Pouncer.  Just for some fun other examples, we also rebranded Gideon's Defeat as "Goldstrike", and refer to the various support destroyers as Wemolish, Remolish, and Gemolish. The irony of their namesake (Demolish) being gone is not lost on me.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:

In HP, some of us do use "tinykitty", but to refer to Adorned Pouncer.  Just for some fun other examples, we also rebranded Gideon's Defeat as "Goldstrike", and refer to the various support destroyers as Wemolish, Remolish, and Gemolish. The irony of their namesake (Demolish) being gone is not lost on me.
    It’s been back for s coupe days. 
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    madwren said:

My account begs to differ.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZW2007- said:
    bken1234 said:
    madwren said:

My account begs to differ.
    You may need to restart to see it.
  • Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madwren said:
    I'm trying to figure out why the ai is called Greg

Calling the AI "Greg" was the invention of long-time forum legend Shteev. From Goblinpile to you!
    @Brigby don't you think it's about time you returned our legend to the forums?

It's starting to seem a wee bit tinykitty. Don't you think?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] It seems we are slipping a bit off track, please ensure your responses to this thread are relevant to the topic "What does 'tinykitty' mean?" [//MOD MIC]
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    [MOD MIC ON] It seems we are slipping a bit off track, please ensure your responses to this thread are relevant to the topic "What does 'tinykitty' mean?" [//MOD MIC]
    I feel like, to help preserve the natural karmic balance in the world...since I apologized for swearing when all I typed was tinykitty, that I should get one freebee swear word to use in the forums and not have to apologize or be penalized.  I promise to hold onto it like a winning lottery ticket, use it only when most inappropriate, and in a way to keep me laughing for days.

I'd like my tinykitty hall pass please ;)