What does "tinykitty" mean?

HelloKitty
HelloKitty Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
I'm relatively new to the game. I can't seem to pin down the meaning of "tinykitty" from context. Sometimes it seems approbative, sometimes pejorative. Inasmuch as I have "kitty" in my username, I really want to know. 

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    There's a filter on this site that replaces offensive words with tinykitty. I'm not sure which ones, and it might not always work, I saw the harsher form of 'darn' make it through once.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @HelloKitty
    Well first off, welcome to Magic: Puzzle Quest, as well as our forum!

"tinykitty" is the default word that our profanity filter uses to replace any inappropriate content that finds its way into a post. By having it this way, players are still relatively able to communicate the context of their post, while ensuring that profanity isn't shown to young children that stumble upon the comment.
  • HelloKitty
    HelloKitty Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    That's fun, and explains a lot. I **** love the concept. Lol.
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    I'm trying to figure out why the ai is called Greg
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor

Because nobody likes Greg. He's a tinykitty.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I strongly suspect that many of the places that show tinykitty now are actually people self-censoring and typing it themselves rather than the filter doing it... It's now "a thing".

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    We have fun in tinykitty...
  • Rasalghul
    Rasalghul Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    In tinykitty we trust !
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!
    There! I will never tell what I actually wrote above  :p
  • bk1234
    Tilwin90 said:
    tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty!
    There! I will never tell what I actually wrote above  :p
    You wrote t i n y k i t t y over and over @Tilwin90
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Brigby said:
    @HelloKitty

"tinykitty" is the default word that our profanity filter uses to replace any inappropriate content that finds its way into a post. By having it this way, players are still relatively able to communicate the context of their
    WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS??? This entire time I thought players were just being goofy and that tinykitty was the term for a single booster pack (which usually doesn't have anything great so it was like a substitute for "meh").

...I've been typing tinykitty this whole time, I didn't know it was an autofilter :o
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    I knew it was the auto filter but I just like typing tinykitty.
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    It would be fun if @Brigby now changed the filtered word to something different. 
  • Tilwin90
    Brigby said:
    @HelloKitty

"tinykitty" is the default word that our profanity filter uses to replace any inappropriate content that finds its way into a post. By having it this way, players are still relatively able to communicate the context of their
    WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS??? This entire time I thought players were just being goofy and that tinykitty was the term for a single booster pack (which usually doesn't have anything great so it was like a substitute for "meh").

...I've been typing tinykitty this whole time, I didn't know it was an autofilter :o
    If you are being serious now, this is so funny. Had the same story last week with Bianca on the topic... But I usually prefer to write tinykitty myself rather than let the filter do its thing. Sometimes it does surprise me though... I guess I have a much more foul language than I give myself credit for  B)
  • Tilwin90
    edited February 2018
    It would be fun if @Brigby now changed the filtered word to something different. 
    Like what, censoring tinykitty? Hmm... I hope transitivity would apply there...
    tinykitty (hah!) -> tinykitty -> rainbowponey

EDIT: Whoopsie, I actually bypassed the filter.
  • bk1234
    We would have to start another coalition. 

::sigh::
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once got censored for using the term tinykitty... I think I said something along the lines of getting tiny kittied in the little puppy.  How about little puppy as our new censor word? 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tilwin90 said:
    Brigby said:
    @HelloKitty

If you are being serious now, this is so funny. Had the same story last week with Bianca on the topic... But I usually prefer to write tinykitty myself rather than let the filter do its thing. Sometimes it does surprise me though... I guess I have a much more foul language than I give myself credit for  B)
    Almost embarrassed to say it, but I'm quite serious.  I even apologize for substituting tinykitty for a swear word once, thinking I was being funny.  However it hadn't filtered the swear word, I just wrote tinykitty in where I would have used it. So now I'm realizing I apologized just for writing tinykitty.  Ugh
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Brakkis said:

Because nobody likes Greg. He's a tinykitty.
    I thought that was Chad.