HOD Nicol event without Ixalan

rafalele
rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
@Brigby Just now I have seen the HOD event scheduled for today with Nicol Bolas and the Ixalan symbol appears disabled. 

I think this is a new bug, perhaps just in the description of the rules, but I do not think so.

Buggy version this is!

Comments

• HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    I think we all expect to be able to use our new cards in all events going forward, including this one. Hopefully it's just a visual bug.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, how stupid would it be if new cards were added to totally upend the format,and they people weren't allowed to use those cards in a major event the week after?!

That would just be stupid...
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    It could be interesting too. Imagine if all events were only playable with cards legal when the event came out...

Would definitely change things up, might see some deck archetypes you haven't seen for a while. Though I get that right now it's disappointing if this is the case that you can't use the cards you've only had for a couple days.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke with the developers, and while they did try to prepare a hot fix for the HOU event, the issue proved more complex than anticipated.

We apologize for the inconvenience, however players will unfortunately be unable to use Ixalan cards for this run, however we hope to have the card set available for the next iteration. Thank you for understanding.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Is It hat intended?
    If so we have three different sets of rules to keep in mind and build decks for... 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    [MOD NOTE] Moved to bugs and technical issues and merged with existing post [//]