how far can you get playing one side of boss rush on your own?

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
my alliance decided to go team Im despite kate's covers now being more valuable than gwenpool's. with the later rounds being worth the most points, can you even get there on your own? at least to the 4* progression.

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personal progression, it might be close, for lvl 3 you get 12000 points per clear, Round 4 gives you almost 15000 points per clear. Can’t remember 1 or 2. But you would likely come up short cause you will waste probably the first 3-5 resets on levels 1&2.  Even if all 50ish boss battles were done at lvl 3 you would only get 600,000 points which still puts you 300,000 down. With two people you might be able to do it. 
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    jredd said:
    despite kate's covers now being more valuable than gwenpool's.
    With the retroactive 5* rewards, I’d argue that gwenpool is now more valuable than kate.  Kate will now only give you a 5* at level 280, 300, etc.  Gwenpool will give you a legendary token now and (presumably) some 5* down the line at those same levels.  Bonus LTs seem worth the wait for the 5* cover, unless you really need that Clint.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Going rogue for 1 4* cover..

You should be going rouge, even thinking such a thing..
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How to get yourself booted out the alliance. 
  • jredd
    Options

can't boot commanders. they could all leave i suppose.
  • jredd
    Options

VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
    With the retroactive 5* rewards, I’d argue that gwenpool is now more valuable than kate.  Kate will now only give you a 5* at level 280, 300, etc.  Gwenpool will give you a legendary token now and (presumably) some 5* down the line at those same levels.  Bonus LTs seem worth the wait for the 5* cover, unless you really need that Clint.
    my 5* hawkeye is 0/2/1...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Answer: Not as far as you’re hoping to get
  • Team_Jacob
    Team_Jacob Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    If you finish and then double back, OR ask low level members to switch and clear lower level team cap rounds, you could get both. 
  • VizMantis
    Options
    jredd said:

VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
    Then it sounds like you don’t really need the Clint.  Going from 3 to 4 covers on a classic 5* doesn’t seem like it’ll help that much.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thisone said:
    Going rogue for 1 4* cover..

You should be going rouge, even thinking such a thing..
    That took me a second. Well played.

As for the OP: Don't be a toolbag. Help your alliance. If you all hit it hard you can clear all of one side and 5-6 rounds of the other pretty easily.
  • jredd
    edited February 2018
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    jredd said:

VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
    Then it sounds like you don’t really need the Clint.  Going from 3 to 4 covers on a classic 5* doesn’t seem like it’ll help that much.
     by that rationale it's not worth it to ever get covers. gotta get to 4 before you get to 13...

for the record, i didn't 'toolbag' it up. playing the IM side. see i'm not a bad guy. also, my alliance doesn't go hard enough to do both. it's always down to the wire if we even finish the last round.
  • VizMantis
    Options
    jredd said:
    VizMantis said:
    jredd said:

VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
     by that rationale it's not worth it to ever get covers. gotta get to 4 before you get to 13...
    Yes, obviously you’ll want to get that Clint eventually, and you certainly will, the 5* cover reward isn’t going anywhere.  Conversely, the chance to get an LT reward now and a 5* cover reward later from Gwenpool will eventually go away.  There’s no rush on Clint, since he’s not going to be usable for you anytime soon, so it seems like it’d be better to focus on the character that’ll give you 2 rewards over 1.
  • jredd
    Options
    VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
    VizMantis said:
    jredd said:

VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
    Yes, obviously you’ll want to get that Clint eventually, and you certainly will, the 5* cover reward isn’t going anywhere.  Conversely, the chance to get an LT reward now and a 5* cover reward later from Gwenpool will eventually go away.  There’s no rush on Clint, since he’s not going to be usable for you anytime soon, so it seems like it’d be better to focus on the character that’ll give you 2 rewards over 1.
    assuming gwenpool eventually gives a 5*. not holding my breath on that one. none of the current 5s make sense. unless i'm missing something?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    jredd said:

As a commander, you should be setting an example. I'd be the first to leave if a commander from my alliance went off and did their own thing. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    jredd said:
    VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
    VizMantis said:
    jredd said:

VizMantis said:
    jredd said:
    Hmy 5* hawkeye is 0/2/1...
    assuming gwenpool eventually gives a 5*. not holding my breath on that one. none of the current 5s make sense. unless i'm missing something?
    Unless something changes dramatically, a 2:1 ratio of 4’s to 5’s seems like a pattern that will hold for a while.  A whole bunch of 4’s will never give 5’s.i. I agree that Gwenpool probably won’t feed a 5 that is currently released.
  • jredd
    Options
    jredd said:

As a commander, you should be setting an example. I'd be the first to leave if a commander from my alliance went off and did their own thing. 
    commanders also lead the way, make the tough decisions. do the heavy lifting. pull the foot soldiers along when they contribute very little to the effort but still reap the rewards...

those people can leave if they like. they're replaceable. often with better options.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Civil War, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. If everyone plays the same side, you unlock the later rounds faster and get more progression points. If you are fast enough, you can get decent progress on both side - my old alliance was fairly casual but could clear round 7 on both sides.
    Heck, if you played along with the others then maybe they'd be willing to switch sides after a while and you could all get covers for both Gwenpool and Kate Bishop.
    Or you could kick everyone who refused to play your way and let them start their own alliance. That way you wouldn't benefit from their work on the other side.