how far can you get playing one side of boss rush on your own?

Options
2»

Comments

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jredd said:
    jredd said:
    How to get yourself booted out the alliance. 

can't boot commanders. they could all leave i suppose.
    As a commander, you should be setting an example. I'd be the first to leave if a commander from my alliance went off and did their own thing. 
    commanders also lead the way, make the tough decisions. do the heavy lifting. pull the foot soldiers along when they contribute very little to the effort but still reap the rewards...

those people can leave if they like. they're replaceable. often with better options.
    If that's how you genuinely feel then you have a lot of work to do to build your alliance to the point that you want it to be.

You're not happy with the people you currently have? Figure out how to build a better alliance and get doing. Create minimum requirements (roster, production, etc.) and enforce them, weed out those who consistently don't meet the minimum.

Set clear goals and define some leeway so that you don't lose the people you *want* to keep. 

I was a regular T20 PVE player who dropped down to T50 when work picked up and I was a workhorse in Boss events. My alliance had low requirements and yet was getting close to hitting T100 when I had to stop playing because overall most people were dedicated and happy to be in a relatively cohesive group; and I would be off your team like a shot if I saw my commander espousing views like that. Sure we went through some less than thrilling low to mid range players - but we kept it open to see if they would keep up and most of them self-selected out once they knew they weren't keeping up minimums, a couple picked up and stayed, and a couple got the boot.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Options
    If kate had been the alliance reward instead of Luke, I could kinda see the OPs point. But for one cover vs the wish of the entire alliance. That super selfish and I would abandon his alliance ASAP.

It really shouldn't have been much of a surprise though that most alliance would target the MEH covers first given that Cage has been a character for so long (I champed mine a year ago for instance). A newer 4 would have greatly helped in getting people to really decide which side they would tackled first.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got curious and crunched the numbers a bit. I think an alliance of one player could, with perfect clears, maybe clear round 3 on one side. That would net them 540 000 points, so they would only net them one three-star progression cover. Would need twice as many points to reach the fourstar cover.
    Another single player option would be to clear round 1 and 2 on both sides.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Got curious and crunched the numbers a bit. I think an alliance of one player could, with perfect clears, maybe clear round 3 on one side. That would net them 540 000 points, so they would only net them one three-star progression cover. Would need twice as many points to reach the fourstar cover.
    You gonna try by yourself for giggles next cw?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    You gonna try by yourself for giggles next cw?
    Heck no, I just like doing numbers.
    I think three players is the minimum needed to reach the fourstar progression reward, that would be enough to clear round 5...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ended up 40K short of the kate cover... and about 140K short on the gwenpool. so i got neither. and yeah, the hulk  covers probably were the decision maker. but now i have 6 purp me hulk covers on the vine.