Allow Us to Raise Levels After Training

Options
There is something that has always bugged me about the "Claim Your Rewards!" screen.

When I go to that screen,   if I have a character that has a power they can train,  you get a nice big yellow "TRAIN" button.    However,   after training you don't get the option to level them as well.

Instead you have to leave the character screen, then leave the rewards screen,  and then try to find the character again in your roster,  then go past the two cover screens and then you can finally level them.

Is there any reason why we can't level the character right after we train them? 

Make Mine Marvel (Puzzle Quest)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not everyone want to level up a character immediately after training them or they don't have the required iso8 to level them?

Alternatively, instead of clicking "Claim your rewards!", you can go directly to the character that you want to train and level. You can always filter by star level. The characters are arranged alphabetically anyway. 
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've always found the screen flow around training/leveling/character details confusing (on mobile). Because depending on how you enter some screens, it might not be possible to get to another character detail screen except by first going back several times and selecting the hero in another way.

Imo, a good redesign of the character selection/training screens is way overdue; not just the screen flow but also management/selection, with more and more long time players having about every character or more (which amounts to >150 to manage). The *-filter was nice to have but doesn't really address any of the underlying problems.

Then again, I highly doubt they will be spending resources on improving this, seeing this would probably take a considerable amount of effort for hardly any return of investment.
  • Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Not everyone want to level up a character immediately after training them or they don't have the required iso8 to level them?

Alternatively, instead of clicking "Claim your rewards!", you can go directly to the character that you want to train and level. You can always filter by star level. The characters are arranged alphabetically anyway. 
    I'm not saying that it should be required to level them immediately,  but it should be easily accessible option for those that want to do it.

Regarding avoiding the "Claim your rewards!" screen,  its a bit absurd to say that we should avoid using the feature just so we can level up.    What if you opened a 40x packs?   Are you then expected to remember all 40 cards and get to the characters one by one. 

Also,  the characters are not arranged alphabetically,  they are sorted by level (at least on mobile) which makes it a real chore to find the specific character you are looking for if you don't remember the exact level they are.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    The sort by alphabetical order are meant for characters that the players don't have. My mistake.

Logically speaking, it says "Claim your rewards!", not claim and level them.  Regarding the 40 packs, how often do you open a 40 pack? Every 3 days or every day? What's the possibility of getting 40 different characters in a 40?  

Think about this, why would a player want to level characters immediately after training them or after claiming the rewards?  

I think it would be better to allow players to filter characters by star level followed by alphabetical order under the "Train" option beside the "Roster" option, instead of making the changes to "Claim your rewards!" Under the "Roster" option.

What's your suggestion? 

• Elleby
    Elleby Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Just out of curiosity,  what do you have against my idea?

Just because you wouldn't want to use it,  doesn't make it a bad suggestion.

Its a simple usability tweak.   If you don't want to use it,  then simply ignore it.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Think about this, why would a player want to level characters immediately after training them or after claiming the rewards?  

What's your suggestion? 
    Because you got enough iso and found that much coveted new (5*) cover that builds that new toon?

Because you got that 2* dupe covered again and want to champ it, so you can add those other waiting in queue right away as well?

Because, well cause it simply should be one and the same function really. First you train, than you can level... There is nothing more to it...

Can you suggest why a suggestion to combine these 2 related issue should never be suggested?

PS. You ever heard of hoarding? That’s usually a couple more than 40 covers... 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Nothing against you and your idea. Initially, you mentioned not being able to level characters after claiming rewards and asked why it isn't possible to do. I gave my opinion and that's it.

Currently, the process of claiming rewards are:
    Step 1. Go to Roster

Step 2. Click "Claim your rewards!" - at this screen, you have the options of recruiting, training or selling covers.

Step 3. After clicking "Train" or "Recruit, click back and it will show you the 3 colours power screen of that character.

Step 4. Back again and it brings you back to the reward screen. 

I suppose the intention is to draw a line between claiming rewards and training. It's two different things, isn't it?

Currently, you have three options to level up your characters:

1) through the "Train" menu at the bottom screen
    2) through the "Roster" screen and going to the characters that you want to level up.
    3) at the character selection screen when you go

I think if you want an accessible way to train after claiming rewards, they could add a button at the bottom of the page (plenty of space) in Step 3, which says something like "Click here to level up this character."

For players with large roster, I agree that that it can be quite tedious to look for  the characters that you want to choose, with over 150 characters and 8 characters showing per screen on mobile, it's about 20 scroll to the last page. They could allow multiple filter options, probably three. 

If there's a demand to make it easier to train characters after claiming rewards, I'm sure the developer would be glad to implement it. 

A good case study would be the AP bar change where it switches back and forth between your AP bar and opponent's AP bar. It was introduced in mid December last year (R142). In the beginning, a lot of players dislike it. Some players like it. As time goes, more players like it but there are players who still don't like it. In the end, the developers allow players to turn that functions off in R146. It took only 2 months.