Civil War Boss Event is Back! (2/13/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

The tempestuous battle between Captain America and Iron Man is upon us yet again, and this time we're bringing it back outside of a new character release! We've been working on ways to increase event variety, in order to keep the schedule fresh and interesting, and adding boss events to the normal Story Event rotation is one way we are trying to tackle this.

Please note that we've made some tweaks to rewards here and there, in order to account for the lack of a new character to celebrate. (For example, max individual progression is now a Legendary Token, instead of a specific character store token)

You can check out those details below:

Civil War Alliance Rewards

Civil War Individual Rewards

Civil War Mission Rewards

Civil War Powered-Up List

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I like boss events I’m not a fan of them being in the regular rotation. Especially with this reward structure and no SCL. 

All my hype for the first run of Civil War is all gone. 
  • SNKAllen
    SNKAllen Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Why does Team IM get extra boosted 5* and 4* characters? Doesn’t seem fair.
  • broll
    When I ask for more boss events I still want them to be special.  Make a Halloween boss event. A Christmas boss event. Ect. 

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    When I ask for more boss events I still want them to be special.  Make a Halloween boss event. A Christmas boss event. Ect. 

Ooh, like Rise of the Guardians, with:

Wolverine as Santa Claws.

Blade as the Tooth Fairy.

Sandman as, well, Sandman.

Iceman as Jack Frost.

(Struggling for Bunny, Squirrel Girl doesn't really fit, can't use Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) again)

• ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Team Cap got the short stick in the boosted list

**Removed inappropriate language - Ducky
  • broll
    broll said:

Iceman as Jack Frost.

(Struggling for Bunny, Squirrel Girl doesn't really fit, can't use Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) again)

I’d be fine with Behold Thanos swapping in the Thanos with the Santa Hat from 2016s Christmas
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Why does the topic say closed?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Why does the topic say closed?
    Woops. That's because I hadn't reopened and announced it. That should be fixed now.

Regardless, the "Closed" tag on the Redirect link is just to show that it's not the main location. I usually re-open it though so players don't confuse it for a...well...closed thread
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Ugh.. I thought Kate would be Alliance progression so I could get 3 covers but instead it's Individual progression. While I'm happy 4*s are finally added to individual rewards, I still won't be able to champ Kate, she'll be at 5/5/2 :(

@Brigby, since the rewards have been tweaked. Can we expect the scaling change on the side nodes to be tweaked too? With 2 Bosses, the side nodes will be a pain to complete both sides
  • charmbots
    charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Will the weekly boosted list apply to the boss event also? I do not remember if it does or does not.
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    This is great, keep the boss events coming
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'm super conflicted neither side has rewards I want 100% of
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coulson isn't boosted for Team Cap?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I'm more interested in what are team cap/ironman tokens? You earn them fairly early in the rewards table so it may not be a special 5* store. However, seeing you can only get 3 of each, it could be. But then again, the top rewards for individual and alliance is a legendary token. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Pongie said:
    I'm more interested in what are team cap/ironman tokens? You earn them fairly early in the rewards table so it may not be a special 5* store. However, seeing you can only get 3 of each, it could be. But then again, the top rewards for individual and alliance is a legendary token. 
    There will be two vaults, based on past runs.  I’m not sure if they will each be 40 or 80 items, but the tokens are for one of two vault stores that will be open during Civil War.  Edit:  After browsing past posts, I saw that the Team Iron Man/Cap vaults were 80 item vaults before, and assume this will be the same.

It appears that there will not be a special 5* store. I imagine the two vaults will have Legendary tokens as the top prize.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

Iceman as Jack Frost.

Howard. Ducks show up in Easter imagery as well, plus, the idea of him getting stuck in a bunny suit and constantly complaining about it seems hilarious.
    SNKAllen said:
    Why does Team IM get extra boosted 5* and 4* characters? Doesn’t seem fair.
    Because IM had the support of multiple nations, while Team Cap was literally just a half-dozen people? I know that doesn't make good game balance, but it does fit with the movie ;)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Bunny suit, of course, who can forget Cerebus #4.  So, it's Cerebus as the Easter Bunny..