4* DDQ: Drax vs Thano3

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
Hmm think they changed his opponent, because previously it was 5* Thanos unless I remember wrongly. Probably because Thano5' Purple prevents the boardshake from The Destroyer, while Thano3' doesn't.

Anyway, breeze for lv150 5/3/4 Drax with +2 all AP and +100% crit damage. Focused on collecting Black, Purple, and Red, while keeping an eye on Green. Thanos did manage to get a Come and Get Me tile out, but with one turn to go, the board reshuffled and allowed me to match it away. Nicked away at Thanos with two or three Slice and Dice, before three Destroyers downed him

LT to the hoard

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Easy peasy with a champion Drax. LT gave a Red Hulk cover.

Interestingly, I was #999 in the bracket after finishing the onestar node, but once I was done with the Crash I was up to #45. Quite a nice climb.

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    3/1/0 100 Drax.  Like in the movie but replace Ronan with Thanos, my Drax gets his derriere handed to him.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    So far I've been struggling with my 5/5/2 L110 Drax.  0 for 2 so far.  First time I brought no boosts and got stomped.  Second time I brought Max damage boost all colors, max damage boost red/yellow, and max damage boost purple/whatever.  I nearly had him this time, got luck every time his green got up and he matched it away himself, however he dropped his purple when were both down in the last few thousand health.  Final turn I had him down to 61 HP and he get's a 4 match on team-up from an off screen drop and owns me.

I'll keep trying but this is probably gonna need to be a luck win or I'll need to put some ISO in him (which I have about 10 higher ISO priorities so that would be far less than ideal).

EDIT:
    Got him on the 3rd try with no ISO spend and same boosts.  It was a nail bitter, ended with less than 1K health.  +1 to the hoard.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him first try, no boosts. I respeced my Level 271 to 5/3/5, since there would be no friendly CDs to take advantage of. Finished with 11,854 health. Token to the hoard to hopefully get Gho5t Rider before he's essential. 

I had a pretty favorable board. I was able to get off a full strength Slice & Dice, which was a big help. Over the course of the match I fired that two more times and The Destroyer once. Thanos only managed to fire Infinite Power once. 
  • FinnyMPQ
    FinnyMPQ Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Gotta be lucky sometimes! 1st try with my level 130 2-5-4 Drax (put about 15k iso into him to get him that high), downed Thanos with 72 health left. 60% match damage boost, 100% crit, +2 stockpile. 

Rogue champ level got me 2CP. Yay? 
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    4/5/4 level 147, no boosts. Got it on first try. Grabbed my colors and green. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Drax is 2/5/1. Yuck. Not much chance.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 level 271

For the second time in 3 crashes it is my 2nd most recently champed 4*. I don't think I've ever used Drax other than when he's been required so I don't know what he does very well. Fortunately Thanos is junk 1 on 1. His black is worthless and his purple doesn't do much. His green was my only concern and the 1 time he used it I matched it right away. I just tried for Drax's colors anf fired them when able. Finished with over 7k hps left.

Token to the hoard.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 144 5/5/3 got it third try.

First 2 tries I was getting close but I couldn't get him before his Green went off. 3rd try the board was heavenly and kept getting the colors I needed while denying Green. Of course he would eventually get enough, but I would use Black to get rid of the tile. After 2 Blacks and 4 Reds he finally went down. 

LT gave me a Vulture cover which took him to 271. That next LT gave me a Blue Ant-Man. He's 3/5/4 -_-
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Took 8 tries with a 3/2/4 lv 147 Drax.  4-5 of those failures were simply due to the fact that Thano3 has like 40% more health than any other crash opponent and I simply couldn't wear him down.  I got him down to as low as 610 health one try.  I burned through all kinds of boosts.  50% r/y, 50% b/g, 125% critcal.  He just kept outlasting me thanks to his insane health and me not wanting to dump iso into Drax.

LT gave me my first Gho5t Rider, a green cover, so at least something good came of it

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Yesssssssss, after about 6 goes (including 2 where i would have won on my next turn) my 2/1/3 lvl 131 drax triumphed!

Token was a mockingbird, which allowed me to champ her and the token from that was a ghost rider!

Edit: For clarity, I meant a 5* Ghost Rider :)
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Drax vs Thans 3*. 2/5/0. 3rd attempt downed him. 1k left. 
    Token was Chavez. 
    Happy Camper
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    2 tries with a lvl 156 Drax, 1/5/2. It is a good thing that both of Thanos's abilities produced countdown tile which I waited till he fired his purple/green then I fired Drax's black. Took me 2 black and few red to drown him and 2 match-5 to drown him.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    2/3/3 Drax, went in with all AP boosts I could muster, and it helped as I was able to stockpile black and counter each of his abilities as they fired. Thanks to the fruitful board, had a much easier than expected time with this one.

Token a Yellow Sandman to 5/4/3.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    No luck so far with my 172 2/5/3 Drax, but I've gotten close. On my first try I got him down to 312 health, since then I haven't gotten him below 2k. I still think this should be doable, so may boost a bit and give it a few more tries.

Got him! I managed to net a ton of red, and black was great for taking out his come and get me tile. My reward was a champion level for X-force Wolverine.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Tried a couple times with 4/4/2 level 147 Drax, but couldn't keep Thanos from getting Infinite Power out and whittling me down. Finally used +damage boosts and prioritized red for an initial Slice and Dice, then black to keep a Destroyer in my pocket.  Managed to kill a lucky two birds with one stone when he dropped both Infinite Power and Come and Get Me on the same turn.

Token == Invisible Woman champ level
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    This is making me feel a lot better about my decision to not even try with my 3/0/1 Drax. Maybe next time!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Lvl 147 2/3/2 failed 4 times, I then pulled a red from tokens! Tried again, failed. Reluctantly levelled him to 168 and finally managed it. Not a fun one.
  • Dragmus
    Dragmus Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Failed several times until I bumped my 4/3/2 Drax to 110 and added a 50% match boost in all colors. With a lot of luck, I beat Thanos with only 113 health remaining. Ended up getting my final Nightcrawler cover.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Leveled my 2/2/3 Drax to 120. Used damage boosts for all colors and also Thanos’ colors. I found that Drax’s black is really good at getting rid of Thanos’ purple and green countdowns, so don’t fire black yet if you think Thanos might be firing purple or green soon. Crash token got me my first 5* GR.