Royal Shield Tiles in Wakanda Event

I can't figure out the criteria for the enemy stealing the shield tiles created by the Royal Shield Tiles from the second round of the new Wakanda Event. Does anyone know? Can I steal them back somehow? This is all very confusing.

Comments

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    So it's different tiles each day?  These exploding tech tiles are kicking my ace in the 5th clear of the 5* essential.  I could get it if i didn't have to worry about eleventy billion exploding tiles doing 10,000 damage to each of my characters
  • Taargus
    Taargus Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Yeah it looks like day two's tiles generate shield tiles that "may be stolen by the enemy" but I can't figure out what triggers the tiles being stolen.
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    A title generate a shield tile each turn, when it ends, steals all shield tile. I think it's written on the tile, i don't remember where i read it.
  • Taargus
    Taargus Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    It seems like they're stealing some of them each turn?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, tap one of the countdowns, and it will have more explanation. It steals the Protects when one of the countdowns expires. I don't know if they only steal the Protects they created, or if they also steal ones your characters have created. If it's the latter, I'm kind of surprised they didn't make Cage the 3* featured character.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    each countdown gives you a protect tile every turn but if one countdown is allowed to expire, the protect tiles switch to the enemy team. you cannot steal them back.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    very difficult to prevent them all from expiring b/c it seems like you start having 2 expire each turn.  Almost pointless to steal them back b/c the next turn they'd probably be flipped back anyways.  This is an annoying feature
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is possible to take advantage of it with characters like Squirrel Girl, Medusa, Eddie Brock, and Kraven. But still annoying.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    "Behind the throne" was insane, because not only do all the tiles flip when any one of the counters expires, but then the Sentry Gunner spawns two critical tiles next to them every turn. I was fortunate enough to have enough green for Ares to Onslaught kill in one shot. Otherwise, I was toast for sure.

The combo of generating so many shield tiles, but flipping all of them when any counter expires, seems like a recipe for frustration. Hopefully the devs take note of that.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Still better than day 1. By a long shot. 

Medusa throughly enjoyed the plethora of special tiles. Only node that was challenging was 5E, mainly because of the HP pools and Sentrys red power. 
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Captain Marvel 3* if you have 5 red covers, destroys all enemy protect tiles. That would sure be useful, but I only have 1 such cover.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    rocks52 said:
    very difficult to prevent them all from expiring b/c it seems like you start having 2 expire each turn.  Almost pointless to steal them back b/c the next turn they'd probably be flipped back anyways.  This is an annoying feature
    I haven't tried this myself but someone mentioned Loki's black, which will flip all enemy protects into friendly strikes and enemy strikes to friendly protects. So since you're stealing them and turning them into something that aren't protect tiles, they can't get flipped back. 
  • Chilli1122
    Chilli1122 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    The steal AP tiles are hard to deal with also.
    I just wish they would take from both sides, since we are supposedly protecting wakanda, and they only steal from the player not the enemy.
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    So much for them being “neutral “
    if they flip to enemy shield and only steal AP from me. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alphateam said:
    So much for them being “neutral “
    if they flip to enemy shield and only steal AP from me. 

"Neutral" basically means "not an enemy countdown any more". So if you are fighting someone who benefits from countdowns resolving (C4rol D4nvers comes to mind...) they will no longer benefit from hazard tiles resolving. That's... something at least.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is possible to take advantage of it with characters like Squirrel Girl, Medusa, Eddie Brock, and Kraven. But still annoying.
    I've been preaching the benefits of the Loki/4-star Venom for those nodes (In other news, "the benefits of Venom for these nodes" is a phrase you're unlikely to ever hear again!)

With a whole bunch of enemy shield tiles on the board, they're at 1 pt each with Venom's passive at 5.  When you use Loki's Black (also at 5) suddenly those shield tiles are all strike tiles for you, and they're no longer at 1 point each.  The match ends very, very quickly after that.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know, late to the party here.

4* Electra, Loki, and 4* Iron Fist helped me a lot through that round.

Electra and Loki stole them back and changed them to Strike tiles preventing them from being stolen back.  Iron Fist on the other hand could convert your Protect tiles to Stike tiles BEFORE they can be stolen in the 1st place.  Considering the cost of his Black without an Accelerant (like Cloak & Dagger), this wasn’t as useful.