R146 Release Notes (2/12/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R146 update.

R146!
  • Shuri, the brilliant innovator and Princess of Wakanda, is coming soon!
What's Changed:
  • A new setting has been added in the Options Menu that allows players to turn off the AP tray from switching to Enemy AP during Enemy turns.
  • Tiles cleared by a line clear, from matching 4 or more tiles, will not trigger passives that deal additional damage for matches. This impacts the following powers: 
    • America Chavez (Young Avengers) - Punch Everyone
    • Lockjaw (Royal Bulldog) - Loyal Protector
    • Rogue (Classic) - Power Siphon
  • Numerous Character Ability Updates & Fixes
    • Vision (Android Avenger) - Light Disruption now converts enemy Attack, Strike, or Protect tiles (instead of just Strike or Protect tiles).
    • Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) - Goblin King now fortifies Repeater tiles, as well as Countdown Tiles
    • [At Power Level 5] Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) - Goblin King reduces all Countdown tiles (instead of 64) by 1 turn.
    • Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force) - Countdown for What now activates if Deadpool is stunned when the enemy matches the tile.
    • Thor (Gladiator) - God of Thunder next level text has been corrected to exclude tile destruction at power level 3
  • New Limited-Time S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level 5 Pack
    • Available once you reach S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank of 20 or higher
    • All players who have obtained this rank already will have access to this bundle when it first launches
    • Contains covers, Hero Points, Iso-8, and Heroic tokens
    • Available in the Heroes for Hire store
    • Maximum 1 purchase.
    • Contents:
      • 3,000 Hero Points
      • 32,000 Iso-8
      • 6 Heroic Tokens
      • 9 covers (3 of each power) of
        • Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon)
        • Luke Cage (Hero for Hire)
      • Can be purchased for $19.99 (converted accordingly to your region's currency)
      • Lasts 3 days from when it is first made available to the player

Comments

• LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Hmm....
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I appreciate most all of these changes. Most welcome is the Goblin buff and template fixes
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    I'm liking the adjustment to GG also:)
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you so much for making the enemy ap bar selectable!!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    That clue can mean only one thing: Dazzler confirmed!   :D
    Beat me to it. 

And glory hallelujah that we can turn off the auto switch to the enemy AP bars. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    'GG reduces all countdown tiles instead of 64 by 1 turn' 
    Is that really an issue? Are people with 65 countdown tiles on a regular basis overjoyed now?It feels like a solution to a problem that isnt really there. But just my 2 cents.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited February 2018
    @Dogface said:
    Is that really an issue? Are people with 65 countdown tiles on a regular basis overjoyed now?It feels like a solution to a problem that isnt really there. But just my 2 cents.
    According to one of the developers, the change was just because people were confused by the jump from 4 to 64 (because it's not immediately obvious that the board is 64 tiles). This was purely a text change, and didn't change behavior, as it's just easier to say "all" at level 5. 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    I have to say I will be happy to stop the display switching to the enemy powers every turn  :)

• Nikita-K
    Nikita-K Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    It's 8x8=64 tiles, so it's not even possible to have more than 64 countdown tiles on the field. Everything else is OK.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    @Dogface said:
    According to one of the developers, the change was just because people were confused by the jump from 4 to 64 (because it's not immediately obvious that the board is 64 tiles). This was purely a text change, and didn't change behavior, as it's just easier to say "all" at level 5. 
    Yeah... players have said that since his character PREVIEW!
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for making the AP bar selectable.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Countdown To What fired when he was stunned regardless?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby

love the changes on the UI to disable tray switching.  Is it possible to have the same thing done so that the app counter is always present?  Currently I have to reactivate it in every match.  A toggle or having the game remeber the last state would be ideal.

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Same here. I know it works when he's airborn as I was dealing with that recently in balance of power. DP getting stunned or airborn after firing that power is actually a good thing. Medusa's countdown works the same way, as far as I know.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. This news comes shortly after getting a 14th cover for my 13 cover Goblin, along with the reminder that Thor’s repeater tile gets repeatedly matched away. Maybe new priority?

Also, pretty sure the clue has to do with Happy Hogan being added next.
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    @Brigby Is there any hope to see that "fortify repeater" improvement made on Hawkeye as well?
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Karass said:
    @Brigby Is there any hope to see that "fortify repeater" improvement made on Hawkeye as well?
    THIS
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    There's been a bug for a while now where in some situations the tiles didn't fire when he was stunned. Thanks for the fix!

Wouldn't it have been better to have announced Shuri before the Fight for Wakanda PVE, so that she could actually take part? It would have made the event seem a lot less barren.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magere said:
    Karass said:
    THIS
    Honestly, I think they specifically made Goblin fortify repeaters because of Hawkeye. 5* Hawkeye is the much better character and his presence really kind of made Goblin obsolete.  Giving Goblin the ability to fortify repeater tiles makes him a hair better.  Hawkeye doesn't need it particularly.