Real Steel- Colossus team-ups?

Options
So, for the Real Steel event, Colossus is required. At the 3* tier of play, is there any particularly good matchup for him? My concerns are:

1) Yellow - conflicts with Iron Man 40's Recharge, which is a staple of most teams I build. Never gonna get fired except if I somehow build up a huge excess of yellow.
2) Red - this seems like a solid ability, and I can match things to throw Colossus in front to maximize, but I'll probably be reliant on IM40 to power it up reliably
3) Black- Pretty expensive ability to lock out one of my teammates for a couple of turns, deal them minor incidental damage and then throw one of their abilities randomly. Can't use this with IM40 unless I'm prepared to eat the AP reduction on his red or blue, which isn't (to my knowledge) considered a "cost" of the ability. I'm still not sure who the 3rd teammate might be anyway, but they'd have to have some pretty downside-free, expensive abilities to be worth tossing them in the air for 2 turns and getting a freebie.

Any thoughts on 3* characters that make good team-ups with Colossus?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With IM40 and Colossus, you're missing purple and green. In 3* land, I usually go with SWitch or Khan there, occasionally Squirrel Girl if there's a target that makes a lot of special tiles.

I more often use Colossus black defensively than offensively. Throwing someone squishy right before a big AoE hits can be really handy.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With IM40 and Colossus, you're missing purple and green. In 3* land, I usually go with SWitch or Khan there, occasionally Squirrel Girl if there's a target that makes a lot of special tiles.

I more often use Colossus black defensively than offensively. Throwing someone squishy right before a big AoE hits can be really handy.
    Iron Fist and Scarlet Witch are boosted this week. Iron Fist in particular could be good to collect black AP for Fastballs, just make sure to smash with the purple before.
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
       The one third I think that would give you somewhat of a complete rainbow coverage and it could assist in ending matches sooner would be Ir3n Fist.  Concentrate on yellow first then purple or black and try your best to get a purple and green off with 12 black ap if you can, then I'd fastball iron man if you get enough ap.  And all the while you'll be wearing down the other teams health with IF's constant damage.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Iron Fist and Scarlet Witch are boosted this week. Iron Fist in particular could be good to collect black AP for Fastballs, just make sure to smash with the purple before.
    Doh. My 3*Iron Fist is so underleveled that I forget about him all the time. Also an excellent option.