Star restricted PVP matches

Options
Will it be great if they made pvp matches that are restricted by * level because it will be a more even playing field like Balance of Power. I don’t play pvp because most of the 5* rosters dominate pvp but if their was a like a 3* pvp where you can only use characters up to 3*s I would play it. So to you people that don’t play pvp much if at all will you play it If it was * restricted?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd prefer character-level based restrictions to star restrictions, that would let you use your low-level high-end characters with some parity against high level, low star rosters. Like a 4-5 cover Thano5 isn't appreciably more dangerous than a highly leveled 3* Thanos outside of match damage. It's been my experience that 2 and 3* players often have a low-covered 4* that they got from some daily or champ reward they'd probably like to use. and A few covers don't matter as much as the levels that come with it. I've compared this to racing games: don't lock me out of using my Ferrari at all, just keep my power/weight number in line with other cars on the field.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There should absolutely be tier-restricted events on a regular basis and I've recommended as much on this sub-forum a couple of times over the years. You could run multiple PvP events side by side; a 2-star event, a 3-star event, a 4-star event, and a 5-star event. Players could only choose characters at that star level or lower. Each event could even have the same themed required character (Cap, Hawkeye, Spidey, Thor, etc).
  • First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I agree with you because most of the top 10 are dominated by champ 5* characters leaving the rest of us non 5* champ characters out Mached 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Even if this were a single event, with a bracket style tournament requiring you to start with a 1* team and move up a star count every round to 5*, that would be novel event.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't care if players were only allowed to enter one of the tiers and then the rest got locked out to you.
  • Ebichu
    Ebichu Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just like the idea, my biggest problem is the MMR in this game.. at first it's fine, you rank up in the pvp event, fighting 3* roster for the most part (as a mostly 3* player), then you wake up and you lost 200 pts to 4*  champs or even 5 stars sometimes, I mean what is that?
    so yeah locking per tier sounds a lot more fun, OR like the balance of power event, everyone to max lvl, it wasn't bad, some characters like juggernaut actually plays great against 5* when they're evenly lvl..
    it still leaves the covers difference (and characters you own or not) but it would make pvp a lot more fun and skill based than just crushing some lowbies..
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Something like this would be lovely.  I am bored of PVP because it's either use your heavweights or lose.
  • sulfuris
    sulfuris Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    There should absolutely be tier-restricted events on a regular basis and I've recommended as much on this sub-forum a couple of times over the years. You could run multiple PvP events side by side; a 2-star event, a 3-star event, a 4-star event, and a 5-star event. Players could only choose characters at that star level or lower. Each event could even have the same themed required character (Cap, Hawkeye, Spidey, Thor, etc).
    This. Yes. As your roster progres the lower star character are just dusting out there. You are encouraged to keep them for farm purpose only. 
    Let us use them and play with them! 
    Both PvP and PvE should be star restricted.