• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options

"Precisely two" or "two or more"?

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2 is not even required to hit "that" point.  I just finished my 3rd about a month ago (OML, SS, Phoenix).  Once I championed 1 and had the second at 12 covered but max leveled I hit that point that everybody talks about in pvp.  Now if you have a good number of the 4's it is playable but it is no longer fun.  I stop pvp at around 400 pts now it is just not worth the time of health point sink.  If you do not have the 4's to supplement you roster do not level more than 1. :)
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The game achieved its maximum fun level for me when I champed Spidey and Thanos. Having just one 5* champed was killing my shield hops, but having another champ helped me a lot. Your MMR will get rough, but you'll get used to it. As others are saying, it mainly depends on who your champs are.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    I have DD and Gambit. More fun in pvp than ever.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I have DD and Gambit as well and I'm already bored. Red, purple, red, purple every day all day...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Quebbster said:

"Precisely two" or "two or more"?

Precisely 2. You're disqualified here.

I had precisely two fivestar champions once... (Once!). But I guess my experience with OML and Phoenix aren't particularly relevant here...

I will say that the fivestar tier is not that different from other tiers of play. When you first try to break into it, you are stuck using the same characters over and over, and it gets a bit tedious. Eventually, you get more options and things get fun again.

• redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    2 5's Gambit and Thanos. Not really bad. Gambit is a necessary evil but I dislike that all my characters don't have access to red and purple. ever so often i will run a grill or 2nd rate team with just Thanos and allow myself to use other people's R/P powers. I'm desperately wanting a new 5* though.

Thor is 2/3/4, Parker is 3/3/3 and DD is 3/3/5. DD seems like he'll be my next champ since i can get his covers with kingpin but it'll take forever.

Wish there was a way to reliably get more 5* covers. I'd love to play with even middle tier characters like IM, GG, or BW but there is next to no way of getting them. BH is glacially slow and even the feeder system is a complete joke when you look at it. It'll take somewhere close to a year to fully max a 4* and all that gives you is 6 out of 13 covers, and you're SOL if you have a 5/x/x character. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got three, and while I have to use them (or at minimum one of them) if I want to get anywhere in pvp, my usual pvp goals have remained attainable. I don't go much past 575 these days, where I previously went to 725+ some events. That's partly because Gambit is everywhere, but partly also because the 5* champion teams I see most often are a fair bit more leveled than my own and I end up just noping out once I get my ten CP.
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    after a year or two of 4* play, it gets old.  take the leap to 5* land and dont look back
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just went up to three after about a month of two.  I would say it's fine if not for Gambit.  if one of your two isn't Gambit than wait for a nerf or you to champ Gaambit.  When I first leveled 2 5*s it was fine, but the minefield of Gambits just kept growing to where PvP became unplayable without him.