Doesn't it drive you crazy when...?

Options
2»

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    when the forum is always so dead unless the devs totally screwed up. (win based, vaulting, et al)
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    When I have to sell a 4* cover and receive 1,000 ISO .....   But if I get a 4* ISO reward, it is 10,000   ?!?!?!?   

They are both listed as a 4* reward / pull  ... So why are they not equal (or at least closer) ?!?!

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well I am so sorry I call the characters toons.  I played City of Heros forever and that is what you characters were called and it has carried over to this game.  :)

As for the pink vs purple tiles I guess I am guilty of that one too.  Too bad on that one they are pink they are definitely not purple, so suck it up  :p

Now on to your topic, I think the thing that drives me nuts more than anything else is hearing people **** and moan about a new toons (see what I did there) the second they comes out (Rhulk, Agent Venom, LockJaw, Nico, Hulk #4, whoever they just released) before they have a chance to figure out if they are good or not.  We should make a rule you cannot comment on a new toons until they are championed.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now on to your topic, I think the thing that drives me nuts more than anything else is hearing people tinykitty and moan about a new toons (see what I did there) the second they comes out (Rhulk, Agent Venom, LockJaw, Nico, Hulk #4, whoever they just released) before they have a chance to figure out if they are good or not.  We should make a rule you cannot comment on a new toons until they are championed.  
    I think that's a silly rule.  When we are given ability descriptions and numbers it is not hard to speculate how a character will perform.  We are also allowed to be wrong.  I was in the minority of players who thought Chavez would suck but am being proven wrong as the overwhelming majority see her as one of the better 4* releases in some time.  Come to think of it, does it bother you when people heap praise on a character before they are champed (Rogue/Chavez/Mockingbird), or is it just the complaints that bother you? Because the same process of discussion and speculation is at work in both scenarios.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Instead of pink or purple, how about magenta instead?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options

Now on to your topic, I think the thing that drives me nuts more than anything else is hearing people tinykitty and moan about a new toons (see what I did there) the second they comes out (Rhulk, Agent Venom, LockJaw, Nico, Hulk #4, whoever they just released) before they have a chance to figure out if they are good or not.  We should make a rule you cannot comment on a new toons until they are championed.  
    I think that's a silly rule.  When we are given ability descriptions and numbers it is not hard to speculate how a character will perform.  We are also allowed to be wrong.  I was in the minority of players who thought Chavez would suck but am being proven wrong as the overwhelming majority see her as one of the better 4* releases in some time.  Come to think of it, does it bother you when people heap praise on a character before they are champed (Rogue/Chavez/Mockingbird), or is it just the complaints that bother you? Because the same process of discussion and speculation is at work in both scenarios.
    Its the internet, no one is allowed to be wrong. ;)
    But I think the main issue is that people have a bad experience with their PVP loaner or their 1 cover PVE essential and then complain that they are bad. I think a lot of the Kraven hate stems from his shield training, where he is useless at 1 cover and gets destroyed in one on one matches.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Instead of pink or purple, how about magenta instead?
    I played on an Ipad mini for a long time and upgraded to an new ipad.  the screen colors really are different, the pink purple is the most noticable.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Straycat said:

But I think the main issue is that people have a bad experience with their PVP loaner or their 1 cover PVE essential and then complain that they are bad. I think a lot of the Kraven hate stems from his shield training, where he is useless at 1 cover and gets destroyed in one on one matches.
    I thought the shield training loaner was a 270 champ version.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Straycat said:

bottom line wgere the miisions are for 1 cp

• Daredevil217
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Straycat said:

bottom line wgere the miisions are for 1 cp

Right, but to get there you would have had to have played the 270 version, and most would have read the character description as well before playing him.  That's a lot of data right there.  As far as the 1 CP node goes, I don't know how many people have him at one-cover when making their assessments.  I know my Kraven has 7 covers so I'm sure it's different for each person.  But we all have access to his page in the character details section of the forum and all had access to a trial 270 version.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the pink/purple debate - doesn't Gwenpool have a cheat code that "turns tiles pink" or something? I've never tried it myself so not seen if there is in fact any difference.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpool calls them purple and he's like, totally smart. He even knows he's in a video game.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The "pink" thing definitely annoys me to no end. The tile doesn't "look" pink, the game doesn't describe it as pink, and the covers for these abilities are most definitely not pink. I don't give a damn what color models you have, or what theories are out there about this subject. 
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Deadpool calls them purple and he's like, totally smart. He even knows he's in a video game.

Also, Mystique makes a purple countdown tile, and scarlet witch converts tiles to purple.

DAZ0273 said:
    With the pink/purple debate - doesn't Gwenpool have a cheat code that "turns tiles pink" or something? I've never tried it myself so not seen if there is in fact any difference.

There is nothing in her description that says anything about pink, but one of her "joke" codes is called teampink, which changes the description to say pink instead of purple. I think the joke here is that she is self aware, like deadpool, and she thinks the tiles are pink, not purple like the game says.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doesn't it drive you crazy when.....?
    -moonstonemoonstonemoonstone, Ares and moonstone at Tenagra. Daken, when the walls Fell. mostly moonstone, mostly. No 3* and no 4* make Homer go, go.... moonstone whats the word again? Go moonstone? Don't mind if I do!
    -when the weekend starts with a 48 hr sub
    - tinykitty moonstone!
    -When Josh Austin gets it totally wrong in those interviews. Marvel Insider is fake news.
    -you get that first layer of CS asking for information about your phone.
    -0/5/1. no, not the good power.
    -Seriously, do I have to mention Control Shift one more time!?! the lag is profound. Bodhi meditated under the tree til his arms and legs fell off and still with the moonstone.
    -it takes more than 40 wins to get 900 points
    -you earn the seasons heroic ten pack? 6 moonstones, 1,500 iso and 1 Rags cover
    -forumites are all: "snark never helps, Nerf (Insert anything challenging), or it's just a game; why u mad bro?"
    -moonstone. always more moonstone. again and again moonstone

#teampink

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doesn't it drive you crazy when...
    -people # their posts
    #alanis:
    OJSP said:
    purplemur said:
    #teampink
    Ironic?
    don't you think?
    a little 2
    OJSP said:
    Ironic?

its like getting a moonstone from a sakaar token;
    when dakens bug won't trigger deadpool;
    it's like ten thousand moonstones and all you need is hawkeye;
    it's like purplemur hastagging team pink while trolling the forum;
    and isn't it:
    OJSP said:
    Ironic?

and yes I really do think!
    #touchebutton

#paradox #whenMPQdoesBCAinOctoberandeveryonesallteampinkiwillhavelikeditbeforeitwascool #prescienthipster 

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The tiles are purple. Gwenpool is pink. If you think that the tiles are the same color as Gwenpool then you should get your vision checked or see a doctor and get a checkup. What I really hate lately is when I use boosts on America but the enemy team gets a massive cascade on their first turn thus nullifying the boosts. Also, when you pour a lot of iso into a character to get them up in level and then they almost get completely destroyed in Behemoth Burrito. Yeah, I'm talking about you, Nightcrawler.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are all wrong. It's FUCHSIA. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    ...someone calls them 'pink' tiles?

No, quite the opposite. If gives me a driblet of hope for humanity to see a person relying on their own direct observation, rather parroting what they have been told like a useful sheeple.
    You know what drives me crazy? When people who call a colored tile by it's color are called sheeple.

I mean holy tinykitty, just when you think the forums can't surprise you anymore.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The purple tiles are equal amounts red and blue regardless of where you pick the colour from. And when I was at college, I learned red and blue is purple.
    This sounds really familiar ... yeah, there it is, just 2 months ago! Setting aside the oddity of first learning about basic color-mixing post elementary school, until this game is delivered as a fingerpainting*, it's time to go back to school.

*  Now, admittedly, some of the art in MPQ is bad, but it's not that bad. Well, except for Banner.

Oh wow, I totally didn't realise I'd made the same joke twice.
    God I'm predictable and boring and unoriginal and...