4* DDQ: Invisible Woman vs. Quicksilver

DarthDeVo
DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
Quicksilver may be one of the fastest individuals in the Marvel universe, but he can't hit what he can't see. 

Relatively few issues for my 5/5/3 Level 209 Sue (still haven't found the ISO I need to champ her yet). Finished with 3568 health. Token to the hoard. 

There was lots of blue and green on the board and much less yellow, so he did get off a Supersonic and Fists of Fury before I could go invisible, but it was easy from there. I fired Force Bubbles to get the strikes out immediately followed by Force Field Crush before I had the chance to go invisible, but I did a few turns later and it was just match damage from there. 

You can win this one with a single yellow cover, provided you go invisible early, can keep the tile from getting matched or cleared, and try to limit the blue matches or clear out the locked TU tiles when those matches are made. 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    No sweat against 4/4/5 L274.

Nico Champ level from LT.
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    4/4/5 champed IW just needed to bide my time until I collected enough green. Definitely a long cry from my first ever crash victory with her.

Got a Gamora champ level + my first 4* BH in what seems like forever with a Rogue Yellow to 2/4/2.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Won on third try with 5/4/3 lv 129 IW.  At such a low level, made it challenging to try and get her strike tiles placed without setting off his blur attack.  First try he hit me with it twice b/c I could never get rid of the dang locked TU tiles.  2nd try was scarce on yellow so I could never go invisible.  3rd try I was able to stay invisible for a long time until I could throw out some strike tiles and wear him down.

LT got me champed Mockingbird bringing her up to lv 277
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Took me a several tries with my 5/4/2 level 70 IW. (Didn't want to level her because I'm saving ISO to champ multiple other 4*s.) I used damage boosts to make the matches go faster, but he kept taking me out with his blue passive. Finally prevailed though.

The LT gave me a Sandman Yellow... sigh...
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Second try with my 2/0/3 Sue lvl 127 thanks to the power of invisibility 

token was a nightcrawler blue
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Won with 4/4/5 lvl 147 with little trouble. Token a Mockingbird champ level.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    2nd try with my 1/0/3 IW, proving once again that creating invisibility tiles is the most broken ability in the game. I even had him below 300 health on my first try, with no boosts, before the game gave him a blue cascade that wiped me out behind my invisibility.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    4/4/5 lv. 275

went pretty easy, but took a while. First I gathered yellow and the invis stayed the rest of the game so the only damage I took from that point was the 1 time he went supersonic. I did fire blue once, but he quickly matched the strike tiles away. After crushing him with green he was at about 1000 hp so I just matched him down from there.

Token to the hoard.

As a small bit of irony, quicksilver got me a 4* today too. The 3* cover from todays ddq put my Quicksilver at 223 yeilding a War Machine cover.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    That fight took forever. 2/3/2. Tried the first time at lvl70, but even a few turns of match damage was enough to bring me down in range of a single Supersonic. Leveled her up to 147 and tried again. Board swamped with blue, plus my Invisibility tile kept ending up in easily matchable spots. Third time was the charm. As mentioned, the match took forever, especially since QS kept cascading into all the green and/or taking out my Strikes, but I eventually ground him down.

Easier than Howard's Crash, because it's possible to delay QS's AoE, while if PunMax gets his AP, there's nothing you can do to stop it. Things do get pretty clogged up with Locked tiles, tho, between the Force Bubbles and the Speeding Up TUs.

Token was a Ghost Rider red. Still not even half covered, so meh.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    2/2/5 lvl 120 Invisible Woman in complete contrast to Thing gotthis first time. It started well with quick yellow to go invisible and then green which blasted Quicksilver for about half his health. After that though it got in to a bit of a stalemate as neither blue or green were coming up and he managed to match away the invisible tile. Fortunately the board was yellow heavy so I had back up invisibility ready. He matched it away again and managed to nail me with a fists of furry but I was able to go invisible again and this time the tile went in the corner. Finally got green again and blasted QS into oblivion.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try for my champ IW. Token yielded a champ level for Iron Fist. I'll take it.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I was hesitant to do this since I had a 105 5/1/1 IW.  I loaded up a few boosts and thank goodness, there were a lot of yellow so I could hide from Quicksilver (who can hurt me somehow even when I', invisible btw).  Anyway, I was at 540 when I finally ended the match.

Green Venom.