Standard and Heroic Token reworks

Let's see what people think about this. I believe all non-event tokens (Standard, Elite, Heroic, Latest and Classic Legendaries) should only reward 2 levels of characters as Elites and Legendary's do. I would remove 3* from Standard tokens and 2* from Heroics, so each rarity of token would step up a level of character's available. The new meta would be:

Standard: 1* and 2*
Elite:2* and 3*
Heroic: 3* and 4*
Legendary: 4* and 5*

The main reason I bring this up is because of Heroic tokens. They are broken in my opinion. They are few and far between when it comes to availability (typically 1 for each event) and when you do get them from events or champ rewards, they drop a 2*. How many people have grinded in PVP for that 10 pack and after almost a month of playing they get 10 2*? If 2* are removed from them i would even be ok if the 10 pack became a 5 pack. 

For balance the 3* should be removed from standards as they would be more available from the Heroics. The 1:43 odds from standards would be made up for with the more availability of them in the Heroics.

Also, with the massive amount of 4* growing in the game and the ever expanding amount of 5*, this will help players roster and level each of them faster and be more competitive or available for character specific events.

This would not affect event tokens, they would still have the same odds for 2*, 3* and 4* so they're are useful for all levels of players. 

Let's see what the community thinks

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, I like my automatic 3* BH from standards.
    Also, you get a million heroic from Lightning Rounds.
  • dragonreader
    dragonreader Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I like things how they are.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really would like a Token of some sort that was only 3*/4*. Either as a rework of Heroic Tokens or as some new thing in between Heroics and Legendaries.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm cool with Standard/Elite/Heroic drop odds. I get them in bulk every day and they do a good job of feeding my twos and threes. It's the event tokens that irritate me. They seem more special and actually require some effort to obtain. It's such a letdown to always pull 2-stars from those.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I love standard tokens the most. It gives me a kind of excitement and surprise that I can't find in heroic/elite/latest/classic tokens. I would be emotionless when opening elite/heroic token because I'm expecting a guaranteed 2*.I hope I'm not the only one here.

Your proposed model is too predictable. I suppose it's the elements of up and down that makes the game more interesting. If you could add in some elements of surprise in your proposal, it might be better. So, I think the current setup is fine. 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love standard tokens the most. It gives me a kind of excitement and surprise that I can't find in heroic/elite/latest/classic tokens. I would be emotionless when opening elite/heroic token because I'm expecting a guaranteed 2*.I hope I'm not the only one here.

Your proposed model is too predictable. I suppose it's the elements of up and down that makes the game more interesting. If you could add in some elements of surprise in your proposal, it might be better. So, I think the current setup is fine. 

I'll gladly trade you all my standard tokens for your elites and heroics!
  • TPF Alexis
    Dormammu said:
    I'm cool with Standard/Elite/Heroic drop odds. I get them in bulk every day and they do a good job of feeding my twos and threes. It's the event tokens that irritate me. They seem more special and actually require some effort to obtain. It's such a letdown to always pull 2-stars from those.
    Event Tokens might actually be a good candidate for going 3*/4*, perhaps with a small chance for the Featured 2* for PvE Events.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Maybe just up the odds on the more desirable outcome?

And very agree about the event tokens. Just add another 4* or 2 to the vault and like 5 to 10 3*. Would probably better suit everyone and also will make pulling a 10pack more interesting, which will be good for d3...
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I love the idea. The structure they have now is archaic and really shows how much they HAVEN'T updated rewards in a long time. I just got a 10 pack for hitting 4000 in PVP. 9 2*s and a 3*. That is much more reflective of the Meta 2 years ago. Sure it was a really bad 10 pack but what was the top end there? 2 or 3 4*s and maybe 3 3*s?. In a game that has 62 4*s, a once a month achievement like getting a PVP 10-pack should have a little more weight behind it. 

But i have it on good authority they are in the process of fixing this as we speak. Right after they fix cheating, tapping, strange sights door 1, dilution of 5*s, the 6th cover dilemma, character imbalances, 4* and 5* feeders, and lack of new game content.... wait actually i just heard they are gearing up to release a new 4*!!!!!

They're just gonna put this stuff back on the back burner for 1 second
  • TPF Alexis
    At least add an "open all" button to the Standard and Elite screens so I don't have to hit my phone 20 times just to get a bunch of covers I am going to immediately sell.
    Even more so with vaults. I spent more time this morning trying to get the IW yellow out of the Taco Vault with my hoarded tokens than I did trying to beat the Crash. That vault animation feels like it takes forever after you open enough of them.
  • Flydecoder
    Flydecoder Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I would welcome any improvement in this area, but even if they only did it on event tokens THAT would be GREAT.
    I also like the idea of the PVP season 10pk being more substantial... even if it became a 5 pack as a result.
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    The heroic tokens definitely need a rework. There are way too many days where, despite grinding, the only 3* I end up with is from the Daily Deadpool runs. It's not even worth dropping the $$$ on a pack with those odds.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I suspect they'll get a rework when they announce a new tier.

ST - 1* 2* 3* (no change)
    ET - 2* 3* 4* (add 4*s)
    HT - 3* 4* 5* (drop 2* add a rare chance at 5*s)
    LT - 4* 5* 6* (adds 6*s with an ultra rare rate somewhere between 1:200 & 1:500)
    New Token - 5* & 6* (150 CP cost 6* odds about 1:7 like 5* in existing LTs)