Mind Gem Season Updates (1/9/18)

Options
13»

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mr_X said:
    No buff to Doc Ock and Banner? They really need some help. No reworked 5s for a long time. 

Edit.Buffed probably means more boosted now. 
    Doc Ock is a 5* Bag-man.  I don't even know if he is salvageable without them completely abandoning the entire concept of his green and I don't think they will do that.  
    The only way to keep the concept and make him playable is to either lower the cost of his green or make his green countdown go faster
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    mr_X said:
    No buff to Doc Ock and Banner? They really need some help. No reworked 5s for a long time. 

Doc Ock is a 5* Bag-man.  I don't even know if he is salvageable without them completely abandoning the entire concept of his green and I don't think they will do that.  
    The only way to keep the concept and make him playable is to either lower the cost of his green or make his green countdown go faster
    That gives me an idea. Two ideas. Somehow (in that I realize my idea doesn't have a lot to do with what you said, but still).

1) What if the countdown had a gradient of damage on the final phase, and did more damage the lower the countdown read? There would be benefit to trying to let it get as low as possible, but you wouldn't feel like it was a complete loss if it got matched at 3 or something.

2) What if it made multiple countdowns? Like, three or four of them, with a third or a fourth the stats (less damage and healing and green AP generated when matched, but added together about what he can down now). Might make it easier to have it survive to let you get them to the final phase. And you can match one or two of them to get the green AP, so you can use it to upgrade the remaining reactor, but in turn their on-board effects (the damage and healing) would be lessened. So you can speed it up, but there's some strategy involved. Match a few now to get some green AP to upgrade faster? Or try to upgrade first so they give more green AP when matched?

For an extra crazy idea, add a line of text to the phases on the reactor tiles, where matching one reduces friendly reactor tiles by 1. So each time you match a reactor it *actually* speeds up the process. But then you might want to combine it with my first idea, take away the instant win, and make it just deal a bunch of damage when the countdown reads 1 (because I think being able to start with several tiles, match the ones you can't protect on the board, and get green AP from them to speed up the process, might make the Final Phase way too easy to pull off, you know?)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mr_X said:

We just had a rework of Gambit last season...
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Dogface said:
    mr_X said:

That gives me an idea. Two ideas. Somehow (in that I realize my idea doesn't have a lot to do with what you said, but still).

1) What if the countdown had a gradient of damage on the final phase, and did more damage the lower the countdown read? There would be benefit to trying to let it get as low as possible, but you wouldn't feel like it was a complete loss if it got matched at 3 or something.

2) What if it made multiple countdowns? Like, three or four of them, with a third or a fourth the stats (less damage and healing and green AP generated when matched, but added together about what he can down now). Might make it easier to have it survive to let you get them to the final phase. And you can match one or two of them to get the green AP, so you can use it to upgrade the remaining reactor, but in turn their on-board effects (the damage and healing) would be lessened. So you can speed it up, but there's some strategy involved. Match a few now to get some green AP to upgrade faster? Or try to upgrade first so they give more green AP when matched?

For an extra crazy idea, add a line of text to the phases on the reactor tiles, where matching one reduces friendly reactor tiles by 1. So each time you match a reactor it *actually* speeds up the process. But then you might want to combine it with my first idea, take away the instant win, and make it just deal a bunch of damage when the countdown reads 1 (because I think being able to start with several tiles, match the ones you can't protect on the board, and get green AP from them to speed up the process, might make the Final Phase way too easy to pull off, you know?)

At least make the reactor tile one of those super-special tiles (Black Hole, Eye of Agamoto, etc) so it wouldn't just get overwritten by Gambit. It's still unlikely enough he'd survive for ten turns if there's an enemy Gambit around.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    udonomefoo said:I
    What a monster slap in the face. No rebalances/buffs/5* champion feeders with the upcoming season ...... no nerf to god-mode gambit (rendering another season of unplayable staleness as mentioned above).  

Looks we have yet another lazy season where we all fight like crazy for weeks on end for a measly heroic pack that usually yields mostly 2*. We give this game gold and we get peanuts in return.

I have never seen such an expensive, time consuming game give back so little in return. Not to mention all the bugs & glitches left untouched too. Woof.

#NerfGambitAlready
    The people who flagged this for "abuse" need to have their flagging privileges revoked.
    The flagging feature on this site is a joke. People flag just because they dont agree with someones opinion. 
    Or they flag because someone blows something massively out of proportion by calling a free to play game expensive, and saying the developers have monster slapped the players because they dared to not change some characters this season.

Why is it the forums require us to respect other forum users but it's apparently ok to disrespect the devs all you want?
    But they are still entitled to express that opinion. Just cause others disagree with it, does not make it worthy of flagging. 

They could choose to flag peoples posts who defend the developers, is that acceptable too? No, because the people who defend them are entitled to that opinion also. 
    Yes people are entitled to their opinions. But that does not automatically give people the right to overreact, exaggerate, or just flat out lie, while disrespecting someone. Devs included.

Am I disappointed there are no reworks this season? Yes. Does Gambit not getting changed make the game "unplayable"? Nope. Do I have to shovel money into this game to play it? Nope.

There are reasonable ways to express an opinion without dropping to the floor like an upset toddler and screaming.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    udonomefoo said:I
    What a monster slap in the face. No rebalances/buffs/5* champion feeders with the upcoming season ...... no nerf to god-mode gambit (rendering another season of unplayable staleness as mentioned above).  

Looks we have yet another lazy season where we all fight like crazy for weeks on end for a measly heroic pack that usually yields mostly 2*. We give this game gold and we get peanuts in return.

I have never seen such an expensive, time consuming game give back so little in return. Not to mention all the bugs & glitches left untouched too. Woof.

#NerfGambitAlready
    The people who flagged this for "abuse" need to have their flagging privileges revoked.
    The flagging feature on this site is a joke. People flag just because they dont agree with someones opinion. 
    Or they flag because someone blows something massively out of proportion by calling a free to play game expensive, and saying the developers have monster slapped the players because they dared to not change some characters this season.

Why is it the forums require us to respect other forum users but it's apparently ok to disrespect the devs all you want?
    But they are still entitled to express that opinion. Just cause others disagree with it, does not make it worthy of flagging. 

They could choose to flag peoples posts who defend the developers, is that acceptable too? No, because the people who defend them are entitled to that opinion also. 
    Yes people are entitled to their opinions. But that does not automatically give people the right to overreact, exaggerate, or just flat out lie, while disrespecting someone. Devs included.

Am I disappointed there are no reworks this season? Yes. Does Gambit not getting changed make the game "unplayable"? Nope. Do I have to shovel money into this game to play it? Nope.

There are reasonable ways to express an opinion without dropping to the floor like an upset toddler and screaming.
    But again, this is your opinion. They may not feel their reaction is an overreaction. They may not feel its exaggerated. They may feel how they are reacting is perfectly fine. They are still entitled to express that opinion. 

People could argue that the folk flagging posts just because they think they are wrong are dropping to the floor like an upset toddler and screaming. 
  • tiomono
    Options
    Well thank you for reminding me I should only lurk on the forums. People outraged at the devs over nothing, and everyone else just wanting to defend any behavior as ok because that's our culture now.

And somehow it's the people that wont accept childish behavior that have a problem and need to change.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, because, as I said, you are entitled to express your opinion just as they are. 

What isn't acceptable is flagging posts as spam and abuse just because people disagree with them. Thats childish. 
  • tiomono
    Options
    No, because, as I said, you are entitled to express your opinion just as they are. 

What isn't acceptable is flagging posts as spam and abuse just because people disagree with them. Thats childish. 
    I flag it because it's an overexxagerated lie (which I would qualify as abuse), not an opinion. Not because I disagree with it.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Please keep all comments civil and the on the topic of the Mind Gem Season. Thank you!